Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Copy of NIE certificate

Copy of NIE certificate

Old Jun 7th 2023, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Copy of NIE certificate

I know what my NIE number is but for the life of me I can't seem to find the official bit of paper it's written on. It was put in a "safe place" many years ago and I've stripped the house down but can't find it.
How do I get a copy? Do I have to visit in person (where?) or can I get an email/scan or whatever electronically as a temporary solution?
It's just that I may need to show it for something.
Thanks.
Old Jun 7th 2023, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Copy of NIE certificate

Originally Posted by Mark604
I know what my NIE number is but for the life of me I can't seem to find the official bit of paper it's written on. It was put in a "safe place" many years ago and I've stripped the house down but can't find it.
How do I get a copy? Do I have to visit in person (where?) or can I get an email/scan or whatever electronically as a temporary solution?
It's just that I may need to show it for something.
Do you have TIE? Your NIE is on it. Or if you still have the old paper/cardboard EU registration certificate/card, when you exchange it for TIE, it carries your NIE.
Old Jun 7th 2023, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I have never had to show my original NIE paper - which is a form with handwriting on it in 23 years of living here.

So I would not worry - all your other papers, bank account etc etc have your NIE recorded so it is not an issue and of course, it never expires.
Old Jun 7th 2023, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joppa
Do you have TIE? Your NIE is on it. Or if you still have the old paper/cardboard EU registration certificate/card, when you exchange it for TIE, it carries your NIE.
I will also add thats its on the driving licence as well.

no need for the paperwork these days..
Old Jun 7th 2023, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

I think that's the answer then, thanks. As I said I have no need of other things that have my NIE on it as I do have those and so know what the number is, it was just the paper itself dedicated to the issue of the NIE that I thought I may need - but if the general opinion is that it's never needed anyway as it is on all that other stuff, then that'll do me. I'll just show if necessary something else with it on. It's in relation to my previous question about internet and they want my NIE number and with the DIGI suggestion they would require I receive the stuff from them personally and with proof of the NIE number.
Old Jun 7th 2023, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

rbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond repute

You should find all the answers here: https://www.policia.es/_es/extranjeria_extranjeros.php

Replacement docs are covered under Tarjeta de Extranjero. It's not a page available in English.
Old Jun 7th 2023, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Perfect, thanks. Spanish is not a problem.