Cooking odours

Old Apr 15th 2006, 8:18 am
Just Joined

pablo06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cooking odours

This may sound a bit daft but has anyone any suggestions? I have a sixth floor apartment in a ten storey block. We really like the apartment but everyday we have cooking aromas infiltrating into our kitchen and bathroom. The odours seem to come from below. Some of the time you can put up with it, but if the smell is 'fishy' it is not very pleasant.
I just wondered if anyone else had experienced such a problem and, if so, whether they were able to do anything to overcome it. Is the answer to fit a better extractor? Or is it just one of those things you have to put up with?
Old Apr 15th 2006, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cooking odours

Originally Posted by pablo06
This may sound a bit daft but has anyone any suggestions? I have a sixth floor apartment in a ten storey block. We really like the apartment but everyday we have cooking aromas infiltrating into our kitchen and bathroom. The odours seem to come from below. Some of the time you can put up with it, but if the smell is 'fishy' it is not very pleasant.
I just wondered if anyone else had experienced such a problem and, if so, whether they were able to do anything to overcome it. Is the answer to fit a better extractor? Or is it just one of those things you have to put up with?
My mother lives in a large apartment block, with the traditional courtyard areas (more like empty chimney areas), and has done for over 16 years, and yes, Friday is fish cooking day and the smell is pretty overpowering. No idea what the solution is, apart from getting used to it!