Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Convenio especial

Convenio especial

Old Sep 8th 2016, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

LizzyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Convenio especial

I am concerned here with Tenerife. I need to understand precisely the 12 month waiting period.
Would anyone know what precise evidence is needed as proof of this 12 month period - some people say it is residencia, other people say it is padron also.

I am able to satisfy the residencia aspect but not the padron as I have been on a road trip for some months so have not as yet settled in a municipality to sign on their padron.

Is the convenio especial allocated by municipality or by Spain as a whole?

Guidance appreciated thanks

PM me if I have not made myself clear or you have any ideas for me.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 5:18 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Convenio especial

I don't know what proof you need but it's certainly by communidad if not province.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 5:20 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LizzyW
I am concerned here with Tenerife. I need to understand precisely the 12 month waiting period.
Would anyone know what precise evidence is needed as proof of this 12 month period - some people say it is residencia, other people say it is padron also.

I am able to satisfy the residencia aspect but not the padron as I have been on a road trip for some months so have not as yet settled in a municipality to sign on their padron.

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 8th 2016, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LizzyW

The Convenio Especial in theory will become national but at the moment only covers certain regions/provinces. In Andalucia and Valencia definitely no 12 month padron requirement but other requirements such a certificate from country of origin confirming that the applicant does not have access to a national health system.

The Canaries government website explains the procedure and asks only for confirmation of 12 months residence and a current certificate of the padron with no requirement to specify 12 months. https://sede.gobcan.es/sede/procedim...tramites/3699#
Old Sep 8th 2016, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: Convenio especial

So glad I signed up to this site. Very grateful for quick response. Another thing ticked off the list.
Gracias
Old Sep 8th 2016, 8:21 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
The Convenio Especial in theory will become national but at the moment only covers certain regions/provinces. In Andalucia and Valencia definitely no 12 month padron requirement but other requirements such a certificate from country of origin confirming that the applicant does not have access to a national health system.

The Canaries government website explains the procedure and asks only for confirmation of 12 months residence and a current certificate of the padron with no requirement to specify 12 months. https://sede.gobcan.es/sede/procedim...tramites/3699#
Really, so are you saying that from day one of being in Spain one can sign up??

Doesn't sound correct to me.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Really, so are you saying that from day one of being in Spain one can sign up??

Doesn't sound correct to me.
No you MUST have been 12 months residence
Old Sep 8th 2016, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Bo S is an unknown quantity at this point

Important: I read recently that once you are ready to apply for the CE you will have also submitted the necessary tax declarations to the Spanish authorities that apply to you. Seems a fair and reasonable request before you are given subsidised assistance.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 9:41 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Bearing in mind that if you come to Spain on 1st January, you are not obliged to submit a tax declaration for 18 months, that seems unlikely.
Old Sep 9th 2016, 6:04 am
Retired and loving it!

In Andalucia and Valencia definitely no 12 month padron requirement but other requirements such a certificate from country of origin confirming that the applicant does not have access to a national health system.
That's why I was confused with what you were saying.
Old Sep 9th 2016, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by snikpoh
That's why I was confused with what you were saying.
Residence certificate not the same as being "empadronado", the green Certificate of Residence has an issue date which can be used as a document to prove residence, the padron just shows where you live at any one time.
Old Sep 11th 2016, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

Just completed the Convenio Especial process in AndalucĂ­a. Residencia (well, being allowed to stay) card more than 12 months since issue (even a day over!), NIE, Padron showing you live at an address within the Autonomous Community you want the Convenio to apply to (Just a 'fresh one', that's all, no historics required) and the DWP letter stating you are cast adrift from UK NHS rights. Passport Copies, and more copies of anything you have supplied so far that you think they will need (Spanish systems, eh?) and Bobs your Uncle. They write to you with the terms and conditions, you make your first payment by Bank Transfer with proof of payment returned with the T and C's signed form. Cards arrived within 21 days, together with NHSS, INSS, numbers and details of your allocated Doctor / Surgery. I can make it sound more difficult if you like, but it was quite easy when we found the right 'Department' locally.

NOT the INSS office they have NIL to do with the CE here, start off at the local Health Centre.....bigger the better!

No mention of Fiscal residence (as yet I suppose) when we applied, but we are anyway! All transfers to pay monthly HAVE to come from a Spanish Bank account.

Good Luck and don't forget that once you get the letter from the DWP, you are finished with Healthcare in the UK and your records updated! Also to remember that there is NO EHIC attached to the CE so its Travel Insurance to cover UK visits (unless you are over 65), and you have to pay for all prescriptions (unless and 'in patient') and any NON emergency Hospital Transport.

Go for it!
Old Sep 11th 2016, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Bo S is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lurchio
Just completed the Convenio Especial process in AndalucĂ­a. Residencia (well, being allowed to stay) card more than 12 months since issue (even a day over!), NIE, Padron showing you live at an address within the Autonomous Community you want the Convenio to apply to (Just a 'fresh one', that's all, no historics required) and the DWP letter stating you are cast adrift from UK NHS rights. Passport Copies, and more copies of anything you have supplied so far that you think they will need (Spanish systems, eh?) and Bobs your Uncle. They write to you with the terms and conditions, you make your first payment by Bank Transfer with proof of payment returned with the T and C's signed form. Cards arrived within 21 days, together with NHSS, INSS, numbers and details of your allocated Doctor / Surgery. I can make it sound more difficult if you like, but it was quite easy when we found the right 'Department' locally.

NOT the INSS office they have NIL to do with the CE here, start off at the local Health Centre.....bigger the better!

No mention of Fiscal residence (as yet I suppose) when we applied, but we are anyway! All transfers to pay monthly HAVE to come from a Spanish Bank account.

Good Luck and don't forget that once you get the letter from the DWP, you are finished with Healthcare in the UK and your records updated! Also to remember that there is NO EHIC attached to the CE so its Travel Insurance to cover UK visits (unless you are over 65), and you have to pay for all prescriptions (unless and 'in patient') and any NON emergency Hospital Transport.

Go for it!
Old Sep 11th 2016, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks for this response - this is just what I was looking for. Another thing on my to-do list ticked off!
Old Apr 18th 2017, 9:54 am
Just Joined

CadizJack is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bo S
Yes indeed go for it.
Does anyone know where to start in the Cadiz / Chiclana area ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.