Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Contract wording (Spanish)

Contract wording (Spanish)

Old Jan 22nd 2010, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Contract wording (Spanish)

Long shotting, but does anyone know where I can obtain a pro-forma for a contract between a company offering a language service and the client?

This is something that I am lacking in my business and have managed to get away with it until now because the vast majority of clients don't want a contract....just a factura.

Although I am fluent in Spanish I cannot do this myself....not because my Spanish isn't up to scratch but because I don't have the ability to draw up a contract in English either due to the nature of the wording.

I know I could employ a solicitor to draw up a standard contract for me for a hefty fee, but I wondered if there was a good source for pro-forma business contracts, or if anyone has suggestions about where I could go to crib some of the wording.

Via google I've already encountered plantillasmil.com who charge about 10 - 20 euros for a pro-forma, but what makes me nervous is that they make you pay for the contract before you can see it, so you have no idea what you are paying for!

Those of you who have your own businesses - where did you go to get the wording for your client contracts??'

Thx
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 12:00 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contract wording (Spanish)

Originally Posted by Veleta
Long shotting, but does anyone know where I can obtain a pro-forma for a contract between a company offering a language service and the client?

This is something that I am lacking in my business and have managed to get away with it until now because the vast majority of clients don't want a contract....just a factura.

Although I am fluent in Spanish I cannot do this myself....not because my Spanish isn't up to scratch but because I don't have the ability to draw up a contract in English either due to the nature of the wording.

I know I could employ a solicitor to draw up a standard contract for me for a hefty fee, but I wondered if there was a good source for pro-forma business contracts, or if anyone has suggestions about where I could go to crib some of the wording.

Via google I've already encountered plantillasmil.com who charge about 10 - 20 euros for a pro-forma, but what makes me nervous is that they make you pay for the contract before you can see it, so you have no idea what you are paying for!

Those of you who have your own businesses - where did you go to get the wording for your client contracts??'

Thx
Could you ask a business or person in the same line as yourself, if they could let you use their contract wording. I presume that they would have the type of contract you would need. It would be no skin of their nose, it is just a question of if the would be prepared to help the "competition".
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 12:05 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

I have just had another idea-

As there are such a lot of expats on here that have bought properties and probably used a translation service, maybe one of them has a contract that they signed when using the company for the property purchase.

Anybody........................???????

And if the worst comes to the worst, we maybe able to thrash out something together..........but remember I dont do accents.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JLFS
I have just had another idea-

As there are such a lot of expats on here that have bought properties and probably used a translation service, maybe one of them has a contract that they signed when using the company for the property purchase.

Anybody........................???????

And if the worst comes to the worst, we maybe able to thrash out something together..........but remember I dont do accents.
You don't do accents? Well you're just rubbish then, aren't you?
ññéíóáëäüíííeááñññÇççççèè� �

But seriously, I would love to get my hands on a contract that one of my competitors are using but I just can't see myself walking into their offices and asking....I imagine they would tell me where to stick it...

I can't even think how people do this in the UK...do you always go to a solicitor? or is there a source for cheapy pro-formas?
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 12:20 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Any contract is a legal document, so you are right in looking for someone to do it correctly.
My advice is either find a Lawyer or a Gestoria, who is legally qualified (some are not).
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 12:34 pm
Banned

You don't do accents? Well you're just rubbish then, aren't you?
ññéíóáëäüíííeááñññÇççççèè� �

But seriously, I would love to get my hands on a contract that one of my competitors are using but I just can't see myself walking into their offices and asking....I imagine they would tell me where to stick it...

I can't even think how people do this in the UK...do you always go to a solicitor? or is there a source for cheapy pro-formas?
POSER

Hey you, calling me rubbish........well I have been called worse, so I will let you off.....

About walking into their office, why not "just do it".

Say that you would like some help, and that if you ever get a job that you cannot take, due to whaterver reason, that you will recommend them.

It is worth a try.

I would give a hand to someone like that, they will not lose out and also "nothing ventured nothing gained."
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JLFS
POSER

Hey you, calling me rubbish........well I have been called worse, so I will let you off.....

About walking into their office, why not "just do it".

Say that you would like some help, and that if you ever get a job that you cannot take, due to whaterver reason, that you will recommend them.

It is worth a try.

I would give a hand to someone like that, they will not lose out and also "nothing ventured nothing gained."
Cripes...you're ballsy, aren't you? I really don't think I have the guts to do that! It's a nice idea, but I know what I am like and I would never be able to pluck up the courage to ask for material from a competitor for fear of their reaction.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me what you call expensive and I will ask here in the office for you?
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SueG
Tell me what you call expensive and I will ask here in the office for you?
Well, plantillasmil.com offer a services contract which they claim can be adapted to any business for just over 10 euros. That sounds nice and cheap, but they make you pay for it before you can see it so you have no idea what you are getting until you have already parted with the money.

Derecho.com offers the same thing for 22 euros, but again you can't see what you are purchasing.

I haven't the faintest idea what a gestor would charge here so I really don't know what constitutes cheap/expensive!

What type of office do you work in?
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

English speaking lawyers but I think you are probably looking at about €300 but to include what ever clauses you want (in English and Spanish) - as long as you don't want pages and pages
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SueG
English speaking lawyers but I think you are probably looking at about €300 but to include what ever clauses you want (in English and Spanish) - as long as you don't want pages and pages
Thanks Sue.

To be honest, if I went down the tailor-made route for a contract I would probably be better off using a gestor in my city for ease of communication. Also, I suspect that the English speaking lawyers charge a premium for their language skills whereas I have no need for a contract written in English.

My needs are simple, and I'd like to try and exhaust the possiblity of cribbing from a pro-forma before having something tailor-made.

Thanks anyway.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Sue.

To be honest, if I went down the tailor-made route for a contract I would probably be better off using a gestor in my city for ease of communication. Also, I suspect that the English speaking lawyers charge a premium for their language skills whereas I have no need for a contract written in English.

My needs are simple, and I'd like to try and exhaust the possiblity of cribbing from a pro-forma before having something tailor-made.

Thanks anyway.
No worries
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 9:10 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

I just tried Googling "modelo de contrato de servicios profesionales" and plenty of info came up...have you tried that or variations on a theme?
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
I just tried Googling "modelo de contrato de servicios profesionales" and plenty of info came up...have you tried that or variations on a theme?
Thanks Hillybilly. Until now I've been googling "plantilla"...."modelo" hadn't occurred to me.

I am making progress although not there yet. I found some cracking Terms and Conditions that a competitor very helpfully put on their web. I still need something for the presupuesto part though, but definitely making headway.