Reload this Page >

Contacts for purchasing/building physical Bar in premises

Contacts for purchasing/building physical Bar in premises

Old May 21st 2011, 11:47 am
Just Joined

wolf727 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Contacts for purchasing/building physical Bar in premises

Hello,

I am currently living in the UK. I have a retail shop in Denia, province of Alicante, leased out to a tenant. When the Lease ends I have the option to get the business back.

I am thinking of applying for a new License to turn it into a Cafe. My lawyer in Spain tells me I should not have too many problems obtaining it.

The cafe will need to have a physical bar put in place. The purchase of a bar is the most expensive part of the business - they cost hundreds of Euros.

I mention "physical" bar, the actual furniture inside the premise so as not to confuse it with the "business" of a bar.

Does anyone have any contact details of someone who builds/sells physical bars in the region of Denia, Alicante or Valencia at reasonable costs?

Many thanks.
Old May 21st 2011, 2:49 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contacts for purchasing/building physical Bar in premises

Originally Posted by wolf727
Hello,

I am currently living in the UK. I have a retail shop in Denia, province of Alicante, leased out to a tenant. When the Lease ends I have the option to get the business back.

I am thinking of applying for a new License to turn it into a Cafe. My lawyer in Spain tells me I should not have too many problems obtaining it.

The cafe will need to have a physical bar put in place. The purchase of a bar is the most expensive part of the business - they cost hundreds of Euros.

I mention "physical" bar, the actual furniture inside the premise so as not to confuse it with the "business" of a bar.

Does anyone have any contact details of someone who builds/sells physical bars in the region of Denia, Alicante or Valencia at reasonable costs?

Many thanks.
I'm not sure that something costing hundreds of euros will be your greatest expense ... but good luck. There are a lot of bars in Denia .... a huge amount ... I guess you have done all your research properly though

I cant help with the bar I'm afraid but hopefully someone will be able to give you some info
Old May 21st 2011, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I'm not sure that something costing hundreds of euros will be your greatest expense ... but good luck. There are a lot of bars in Denia .... a huge amount ... I guess you have done all your research properly though

I cant help with the bar I'm afraid but hopefully someone will be able to give you some info
Sorry, I just realized I made a mistake when I was writing my original post. When I mentioned hundreds of Euros, I meant to say hundreds of thousands!

Sorry, a typing error! I wrote hundreds but my mind was saying hundreds of thousands.

Several years ago a business from Barcelona were professionals in putting in bars for cafes, bars and restaurants. To buy the bar and have it installed was to be priced around 260,000 Euros. This is the amount to buy a piece of property!

The bar itself and the cafe espresso machines are very expensive. I want to avoid that huge expense if I can. I'm trying to locate someone who can do a bar but without that huge price tag.

Thanks for replying. And no, I am not that naive about bar prices to be in the hundreds!
Old May 21st 2011, 3:21 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wolf727
Sorry, I just realized I made a mistake when I was writing my original post. When I mentioned hundreds of Euros, I meant to say hundreds of thousands!

Sorry, a typing error! I wrote hundreds but my mind was saying hundreds of thousands.

Several years ago a business from Barcelona were professionals in putting in bars for cafes, bars and restaurants. To buy the bar and have it installed was to be priced around 260,000 Euros. This is the amount to buy a piece of property!

The bar itself and the cafe espresso machines are very expensive. I want to avoid that huge expense if I can. I'm trying to locate someone who can do a bar but without that huge price tag.

Thanks for replying. And no, I am not that naive about bar prices to be in the hundreds!
Wow ... that surely will be the biggest expense then ..... forgive my stupidity, but I would have said that it might be cheaper to bring people over from the UK? Or have you looked at that. The big expresso machines in the UK I saw were about £5k
Old May 21st 2011, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Wow ... that surely will be the biggest expense then ..... forgive my stupidity, but I would have said that it might be cheaper to bring people over from the UK? Or have you looked at that. The big expresso machines in the UK I saw were about £5k
Yes, I am currently looking into all possibilities whether that means bringing people from UK or even Italy - I have contacts there - or find someone local in Spain.

I have a lot of research to do so this will take some time. I intend to go slowly with this.
Old May 21st 2011, 3:41 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Around 14 years ago I knew of a medium sized flower shop in the middle of Denia which was converted into a bar at a cost of £10K. The owners were Dutch as was the company doing the conversion.

Asking around the Dutch or German community should get the answer.
Old May 21st 2011, 3:42 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Do a deal with a coffee supplier. You take out a contract for an x-amount of years or a x-amount of kilos of coffee and usually they will supply the machine.
Old May 21st 2011, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jur
Do a deal with a coffee supplier. You take out a contract for an x-amount of years or a x-amount of kilos of coffee and usually they will supply the machine.
Hi. Thanks for your kind reply.

I had to have a little chuckle with your post because it reminded me of when I contacted a coffee supplier that turned out to be all the way from Naples, Italy, who was telling me I had to order a large truck load of coffee otherwise it was not worth for them to do the contract.

Sorry, I wasn't being funny with you but it reminded me of that episode. So, when you mentioned x-amount of kilos of coffee, I was thinking of truck loads!

Thanks for you input - it put a smile on me.
Old May 21st 2011, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HBG
Around 14 years ago I knew of a medium sized flower shop in the middle of Denia which was converted into a bar at a cost of £10K. The owners were Dutch as was the company doing the conversion.

Asking around the Dutch or German community should get the answer.
Thank you kindly for that piece of information. That is a "tip" to remember.
All the best.
Old May 21st 2011, 5:38 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

A local bar here signed a 5 year contract, they got a coffee machine, technical support, all the cups and saucers + 2 sunscreens for the outside of the bar. Not a bad deal.
Old May 21st 2011, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jur
A local bar here signed a 5 year contract, they got a coffee machine, technical support, all the cups and saucers + 2 sunscreens for the outside of the bar. Not a bad deal.
Thanks for that piece of information. Every information helps I always believe.

Many thanks.
Old May 21st 2011, 9:42 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the coffee companies will not tie you down to a contract of X number of years, they will let you have the machine as long as you buy their products.

It probably will not be a brand new machine either, there is a pecking order and the biggest customers will get a new machine every so often, and their old one will be passed down to another business and so on.

They will know which type of machine is right for your business.
Old May 21st 2011, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JLFS
Most of the coffee companies will not tie you down to a contract of X number of years, they will let you have the machine as long as you buy their products.

It probably will not be a brand new machine either, there is a pecking order and the biggest customers will get a new machine every so often, and their old one will be passed down to another business and so on.

They will know which type of machine is right for your business.
Thank you kindly for the information you passed on to me. I will bear that in mind. I don't know if it varies from country to country or company to company, but your information is very much welcomed. Thanks.