Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

contact lenses/glasses?

contact lenses/glasses?

Old Sep 14th 2007, 5:50 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold
Default contact lenses/glasses?

I had new lenses today, £36 for 3 pairs of toric, from Specsavers. I know they have shops in Spain, I think I saw one in Gandia, the optician said if i sign up for dd at £15 a mpnth i can just transfer this to Spain, does this sound expensive for lenses out there? would it be best to get them when i get there and not bother with a direct debit??
any ideas?
Old Sep 14th 2007, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: contact lenses/glasses?

I had my eyes tested at specsavers in the UK, and paid £15 for test, but got my frames etc., from specsavers in Fuengirola, if I had waited and had test at specsavers in Fuengirola then test would have been free.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 5:57 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Prices of contacts in Spain are much the same as the UK but you can buy them really cheap online anyway.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 7:13 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Or you could do what I did and have laser correction surgery, I had it done 4 years ago and it was worth every penny
Old Sep 15th 2007, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Joe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lionda
Or you could do what I did and have laser correction surgery, I had it done 4 years ago and it was worth every penny
Was it sore? I quite fancy it, but am a bit scared.

I buy my contact lenses out here from a Spanish optician I go to - same price as back home really. Asd above, Specsavers aren't the cheapest in the UK or here. If you have your prescription, buy online.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 11:15 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joe King
Was it sore? I quite fancy it, but am a bit scared.

I buy my contact lenses out here from a Spanish optician I go to - same price as back home really. Asd above, Specsavers aren't the cheapest in the UK or here. If you have your prescription, buy online.
No - not sore at all. Doesn't hurt one bit and the result is immediate. The only thing is discomfort at first as the light appears very bright and your eyes water, dark glasses recommended for a short while until your eyes accustom to the change.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

I got my perscription in UK Specsavers saw a pair of Carrera glasses priced them at £189 for all the bits and bats and then took the Script to Eroski Opticans, (bit like Boots) and got the same pair in two days for €149 and there brill, probably saved about £80!
Old Sep 15th 2007, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

AJayUK is on a distinguished road

I bought my glasses in Specsavers Javea, 2 pairs for the price of one, now the lenses are scratched and I need new ones. I can buy new lenses for them but they will cost more than 2 new pair of glasses and lenses, I mean, how daft is that!!