Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Computer question

Computer question

Old Sep 23rd 2012, 10:24 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Computer question

I am trying to change silly things from Graham´s name to my name but am stuck with the MSN home page. Graham´s name comes up in the top right hand corner and if I go into the profile it comes up with all of my details and there is nothing to say that I can change the name on the MSN page.

Can anyone help?

Rosemary
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Computer question

I wish I could remember how I did with Don's name sorry. It is not easy seeing their name on things, sending you a virtual hug :-)

Edit ... I went into my mail then clicked profile and there is an 'edit' button to change the name ? have you tried it ?

Last edited by bxpuser24710519; Sep 23rd 2012 at 11:35 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

You can change the name in the profile however you will require the password for the account to do this. You can also close the account and open a new one but again will require the password. You can also change the Homepage to any that you want without needing a password. This link explains how to change home page assuming you are using Internet explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/252464
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

It is the MSN homepage she wants the name changed on.

Rosemary, when I changed my name to something silly just now it appeared on the messenger and on the email page when I opened it so maybe if you can change the name on the profile then it will work.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 11:53 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I have already changed the name in the profile, changed the admin on the computer and changed password so that is all OK. It is purely the fact that his name still comes up on MSN but when I go into the profile it is all the new details. Have tried closing down and re-starting but that did not do it either.

Rosemary
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 11:59 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Simplest way would be to create a new user profile, see here > http://www.ehow.com/how_5105786_crea...s-profile.html
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 2:37 pm

Thank you to all of you for your help. I had got so far and hit a brick wall and failed to think about changing the user. We both had user profiles (heaven knows why because we only ever left it on one) so I went into that and clicked onto me and now the name on the MSN page is mine.

Well that is another basic thing done that should stop some of the smacks in the face.

Rosemary
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 3:39 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I am pleased that it worked out for you.

PCs can be so frustrating. It is so easy to do things ................ but only when you know how or when some spotty little youth in the PC shop explains it to you so slowly like you are senile.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 5:19 pm

I have had no sound on the computer for months. Graham did try to look at it before he died and decided that the sound card had gone. I asked a friend to have a look and he has just left after fiddling around with all the bits that both Graham and I have fiddled with and guess what, he got sound where we had not. Makes you sick and makes you look a complete idiot.

Two computer problems solved today, so that is good.

Rosemary
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I have had no sound on the computer for months. Graham did try to look at it before he died and decided that the sound card had gone. I asked a friend to have a look and he has just left after fiddling around with all the bits that both Graham and I have fiddled with and guess what, he got sound where we had not. Makes you sick and makes you look a complete idiot.

Two computer problems solved today, so that is good.

Rosemary
things like this is why I refer to the thing as "confuser", "malignant child of Ghengis Khan", "legless velocioraptor" " pol pot didn't die, he just hid himself in cyberspace"

Now I just turn it off...walk away, get the vodka out and KNOW I'll have a good excuse to do the same tomorrow
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you got it sorted Rosemary