Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Computer Help please

Computer Help please

Old Apr 21st 2007, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Computer Help please

I am quite interested in family history and have just googled my husband's surname and on one page the following came up

www.myspace.com/joelattack

... Mr ........... has met his fate. Left frau lowry a widow. RIP ...

I think he is saying that my husband's brother has died but it seems that the site is in Spanish and I don't know how to contact the person. Can anyone please help me?
Old Apr 21st 2007, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Computer Help please

Why not just change the language to English?

http://uk.myspace.com/joelattack
Old Apr 21st 2007, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
Why not just change the language to English?

http://uk.myspace.com/joelattack
Sorry in a bite of a state - I can't think at the moment.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

I have had a quick look through that page but can't see what you are referring to. If you want to contact Joel click on 'Send Message' just under his photograph on the left.

You will need to become a member before you can do so.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:41 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
I am quite interested in family history and have just googled my husband's surname and on one page the following came up

www.myspace.com/joelattack

... Mr ........... has met his fate. Left frau lowry a widow. RIP ...

I think he is saying that my husband's brother has died but it seems that the site is in Spanish and I don't know how to contact the person. Can anyone please help me?

Hi Sue - what is all this about! If you want some serious advice then click here and pose your question on this forum board. (have pm'd you) you can say that I have told you to go to this site. The site owner is a friend of mine.

Last edited by Lionda; Apr 21st 2007 at 6:49 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have had a quick look through that page but can't see what you are referring to. If you want to contact Joel click on 'Send Message' just under his photograph on the left.

You will need to become a member before you can do so.
It relates to a message sent to Joel on the 25th January this year (second page of messages). I have joined the site but I still haven't actually managed to send a message yet.

I have managed to confirm by other means that it is my husband's brother that they are referring to
Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

It seems you have to join the site to view the other messages but don't you have a contact number for your husband's family to check things out before getting yourself into a state?

The kind of people who have posted to that board don't seem to be the type you want to base information like this upon.

I don't know the details of the site Lionda has given to you but if you have no other means of contacting your husband's family then follow her advice.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:20 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Eh!?
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

It seems you have to join the site to view the other messages but don't you have a contact number for your husband's family to check things out before getting yourself into a state?

The kind of people who have posted to that board don't seem to be the type you want to base information like this upon.

I don't know the details of the site Lionda has given to you but if you have no other means of contacting your husband's family then follow her advice.
Unfortunately there was only my husband, his brother and sister and they have ben estranged since their Mother's death in 1987. I have been able to confirm that it is my brother-in-law that has died.

Last edited by SueG; Apr 21st 2007 at 10:15 pm. Reason: should have read "able" to confirm
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:25 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately there was only my husband, his brother and sister and they have ben estranged since their Mother's death in 1987. I have been able to confirm that it is my brother-in-law that has died.
Sorry to hear your news and how you heard it. Maybe now will be the time for your husband and his sister to sort out their differences.

Rosemary
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:54 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to read you news this morning,its very sad that your husband has been estranged from his brother for so long,and then to find he has died,maybe its time for him to bury the hatchet with his sister.I can relate to this has I have been out of touch with my family for several years,I lost my brother two years ago and I not seen him for years.Its a very sad way to have found this sad news out.My deepest sypathies.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Sorry to hear your news and how you heard it. Maybe now will be the time for your husband and his sister to sort out their differences.

Rosemary
Believe me we have tried especially in 2001 when my husband was seriously ill and had to have emergency heart valve replacement but no joy.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jandy44
So sorry to read you news this morning,its very sad that your husband has been estranged from his brother for so long,and then to find he has died,maybe its time for him to bury the hatchet with his sister.I can relate to this has I have been out of touch with my family for several years,I lost my brother two years ago and I not seen him for years.Its a very sad way to have found this sad news out.My deepest sypathies.
Thank you for your thoughts. It certainly puts things into perspective. There is me worrying that we cannot find a business to purchase and whether we will be able to stay out here without jobs and speaking the language!! So I have now decided we will enjoy our time together (what will be will be). If we end up having a gap year for a 53 and 57 year old so be it then we will go back and sub off our Son for a change instead of the other way around!!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:23 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your thoughts. It certainly puts things into perspective. There is me worrying that we cannot find a business to purchase and whether we will be able to stay out here without jobs and speaking the language!! So I have now decided we will enjoy our time together (what will be will be). If we end up having a gap year for a 53 and 57 year old so be it then we will go back and sub off our Son for a change instead of the other way around!!
I know this is off topic and my condolences for the sad news, but what business are you trying to buy?
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anything that will keep the two of us out of mischief but don't have a lot of pennies! Actually we dont even necessarily want to buy a business just find work. I could manage to be the buxom barmaid if required!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.