compliance

Old Dec 9th 2009, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

mark donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default compliance

i was over on esuri at the weekend looking at the villa behind the 13th green (west course) and was wondering apart from the size of the base to the villa what other building regs does you have to comply with.
i was thinking in the way of shape and colour scheme and also if the neighbouring plots can launch an objection even if they havent started building yet. are you free to build what you like if the answer is yes then we could be seeing some strange villas going up as there are a lot of puddled architects out there
Old Dec 9th 2009, 5:41 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: compliance

Picture?
Old Dec 9th 2009, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

mark donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jur
Picture?
i havent got one but the roof now looks like a wave with a surf and bubbles effect, i think it would look quite funny if it had a couple of shark fins coming out of it and thats my point how far can you go without someone saying stop.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 6:53 pm
Jur

Was it not so that town hall had to approve all designs beforehand?
Old Dec 9th 2009, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: compliance

Originally Posted by mark donna
i was over on esuri at the weekend looking at the villa behind the 13th green (west course) and was wondering apart from the size of the base to the villa what other building regs does you have to comply with.
i was thinking in the way of shape and colour scheme and also if the neighbouring plots can launch an objection even if they havent started building yet. are you free to build what you like if the answer is yes then we could be seeing some strange villas going up as there are a lot of puddled architects out there
The planning brief for individual plots at Puente Esuri has no aesthetic parameters included. The only firm point made is no more than 182 sq m of enclosed living space or 210 on a very few sites. Once the Building Licence has been issued you have complied with all the planning and building regs requirements. However even if you build exactly what you have submitted it is not unknown for the Mayor to have second thoughts when he sees the colour or some such detail. If before he does you have been given your Licence of Occupation then there is SFA he can do about it.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jur
Picture?
Hi

There is a picture in the photographs posted a couple of days ago by Carol & John.
You'll recognise which one immediately.

Steve
Old Dec 11th 2009, 3:49 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
Hi

There is a picture in the photographs posted a couple of days ago by Carol & John.
You'll recognise which one immediately.

Steve
Got it! I´ve actually talked to the owner couple year´s back, he has one of the biggest plots on Esuri. Interesting design.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

A & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark donna
i havent got one but the roof now looks like a wave with a surf and bubbles effect, i think it would look quite funny if it had a couple of shark fins coming out of it and thats my point how far can you go without someone saying stop.
We agree, looks as though the architect's main past experience was in designing aquaparks. Apparently it's going to be 6 apartments (so we were told).
Old Dec 14th 2009, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jur
Got it! I´ve actually talked to the owner couple year´s back, he has one of the biggest plots on Esuri. Interesting design.
You are so polite!!! Saw it yesterday (can't exactly miss it) it would cost a lot to redo but it is an eyesore and would certainly put people off buying nearby but what about the unfortunate ones who have plots nearby? Maybe it is a good idea to see what is built around you before forging ahead with your life savings in case your neighbours have "style" issues that are a constant reminder every day.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 5:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: compliance

Originally Posted by Sharon B
You are so polite!!! Saw it yesterday (can't exactly miss it) it would cost a lot to redo but it is an eyesore and would certainly put people off buying nearby but what about the unfortunate ones who have plots nearby? Maybe it is a good idea to see what is built around you before forging ahead with your life savings in case your neighbours have "style" issues that are a constant reminder every day.
I think you will find that this the single biggest plot on Esuri and I am sure the Ayuntamiento would not knowingly have given approval for apartments on this plot as it is designated for a single family house albeit 210 sq m of enclose space plus basements terraces and pergolas.

I am sure that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and in our case I hope our house does not cause visual offence to anyone else but it suits us and we intend to quietly enjoy it just as I am sure our friends at that plot will.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Dec 14th 2009 at 6:49 pm.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 7:11 pm
Jur

Well yeah, at least you don´t have to live next to a yellow, unfinished commercial centre!
I´m loving it, it takes real guts to do something like that. We need some more pictures though........

Has anyone seen the "new" entrance of Isla Cristina? Lovely Hollywood-style letters.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by John & Kath
I think you will find that this the single biggest plot on Esuri and I am sure the Ayuntamiento would not knowingly have given approval for apartments on this plot as it is designated for a single family house albeit 210 sq m of enclose space plus basements terraces and pergolas.

I am sure that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and in our case I hope our house does not cause visual offence to anyone else but it suits us and we intend to quietly enjoy it just as I am sure our friends at that plot will.
In all fairness John your house could not cause offence as it looks a vision on the landscape and it looks like that you took the surrounding area into account before putting your mark on the area. I bet you are secretly relieved that you are not within viewing distance of the "Aquapark" however beautiful the owner may think his property is.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jur
I´m loving it, it takes real guts to do something like that. We need some more pictures though........

Has anyone seen the "new" entrance of Isla Cristina? Lovely Hollywood-style letters.
Do you really think photos would be good publicity for the area? They are still trying to sell property on there.

As for the new sign for Isla Cristina, do you think they are trying to put the place on the map, in the hope that people will actually notice it? You certainly can't miss the turn off now.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 3:11 pm
Jur

Do you really think photos would be good publicity for the area? They are still trying to sell property on there.

As for the new sign for Isla Cristina, do you think they are trying to put the place on the map, in the hope that people will actually notice it? You certainly can't miss the turn off now.
I just like looking at pictures! Fred Bargate put a nice one in the photograph thread. A Proper Christmas market would do us good instead of the 4 stalls there are now. I guess that commercially thinking here is not well spend along the Spanish.

As for Isla Cristina, I think they´re better off putting a fence around it.....
Old Dec 15th 2009, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
Well yeah, at least you don´t have to live next to a yellow, unfinished commercial centre!

A side view
Attached Thumbnails compliance-p1000321.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.