Competa area.

Old Apr 14th 2011, 8:27 am
Just Joined

Stevo43 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Competa area.

Hi all, this is my first post.

Myself and my wife have purchased a villa in Competa, but cannot live permanently due to our business in England!!

Can anyone recommend somebody in the Competa area that would be able to look after our Pool weekly, to keep it nice and clear?

We don't want to keep returning to a green pond everytime!!

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Competa area.

I could look after it for a couple of weeks in the summer! I imagine there will be a pool company in the village that does this sort of thing, for a price of course. Ask around in the Brit bars, loads of Brits living there, there's always someone short of cash that would be glad to do it. I'm never a fan of Brit bars, but they have their uses sometimes, someone there will surely know. All the villas seem to have pools, there must be many in your position.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 9:09 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome to Competa there are simply loads of individuals or companies around the village that could do it for you. Did you try asking the estate agent you bought your villa from, most of them have some links. Todo Papel opposite Cajamar just off the main car park do it too. Otherwise, check out the Grapevine magazine.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

macgd016 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stevo43
Hi all, this is my first post.

Myself and my wife have purchased a villa in Competa, but cannot live permanently due to our business in England!!

Can anyone recommend somebody in the Competa area that would be able to look after our Pool weekly, to keep it nice and clear?

We don't want to keep returning to a green pond everytime!!

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
We also live part time near Competa and have done for 6 years or so. You shouldnt have any difficulty finding someone to look after your pool but finding someone who actually understands pools and how to sort out problems if they occur can be a bit more difficult. We've had the same person looking after our pool for two years now and he does an excellent job, keeps an eye on the house for us whilst we are away and he is very trustworthy. If you would like his contact details send me an email to (SNIP)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Apr 14th 2011 at 2:33 pm. Reason: Not wise to put your email address on a public forum
Old Apr 14th 2011, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

Thank you guys, we are out for 12 days when we take over our property in late May. This will give me a bit of time to find somebody. I was just seeing if anybody recommended a trusty person that they know. Will have a bit of fun trawling bars looking for someone haha!!
Old Apr 14th 2011, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by macgd016
Apologies to anyone reading this thread but I wanted to send a PM to Stevo43 and because I am a new member couldnt do so until I had 3 posts!

If an administrator comes across this thread perhaps you could edit out the mess I have made of it!
Hi macgd, I would live the details, that would be great. But it still won't let me see your private message!! Argh haha
Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

bob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond repute

The couple who used to manage our villa in Sayalonga before we moved out here permamently a couple of years ago would take on pool maintenance. I would highly recommend them as they kept our pool (and house) in tip top condition during our absence. They do currently have a couple of properties with pool only (rather than entire home, guest welcoming etc) maintenance Send me a PM or email if you want their contact details.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

bob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond repute

Have PM'd you details as requested.