Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Commercial Pilot School

Commercial Pilot School

Old Jan 21st 2010, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

reggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud of
Default Commercial Pilot School

I know this may be a long shot but is there a flying school where one can get a commercial and recognized commercial pilots license. The catch is instruction would need to be in English. Lie I said a long shot. I have googled but not much help.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 12:12 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commercial Pilot School

Try Flight Training Europe, based at Jerez airport.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjh
Would that be the one as advertised under you post in google ads
Old Jan 21st 2010, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reggiedh
I know this may be a long shot but is there a flying school where one can get a commercial and recognized commercial pilots license. The catch is instruction would need to be in English. Lie I said a long shot. I have googled but not much help.
Theres no where to beat the US on prices, most schools will keep you on as an instructor afterwards if you prove suitable, when I was training in California there were several spanish on courses which should tell you something.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

The instrucion for commercial pilots HAS to be in English.....no point learning to fly if you can't speak it!

FTE (Flight Training Europe) is a top quality school. Last time I asked the fees were somewhere in the region of 85,000 GBP but that may have changed since then. It's a residential course so that includes accommodation and grub.

Right next door to FTE is Fly In Spain, but they are less commercial....more for people who just want to get a private pilot's licence. However, I imagine that course would be significantly cheaper.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 1:28 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twistedmelon
Would that be the one as advertised under you post in google ads

Sorry, I don´t understand what you mean
Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

gill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond repute

It cost my husband 4,500 euros to obtain his ppl, he trained with an English instructor and after obtaining his licence he converted it to Spanish after a further 2 hours with a Spanish instructor.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by jjh
I can vouch for this school, I have a friend whos son trained there and was paid for by Flybe, he now has a permanent job with them on their short haul flights out of Manchester.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by olivia
I can vouch for this school, I have a friend whos son trained there and was paid for by Flybe, he now has a permanent job with them on their short haul flights out of Manchester.
Yes, living in Jerez it's impossible not to encounter people who work there/study there. They have places for somewhere in the region of 150 students per year and a lot of staff. I've never heard anyone moaning about it from neither the staff nor student perspective (although I imagine there must be some disgruntled people for something or other!).

The course is approx one year in duration and residential. Reggiedh....that is the type of course you meant, right? You stipulated commercial pilot's licence as opposed to private pilot's licence. Most of the people on the course are young....in their 20s (if that!), but I don't suppose there are any age restrictions.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

reggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Veleta
Yes, living in Jerez it's impossible not to encounter people who work there/study there. They have places for somewhere in the region of 150 students per year and a lot of staff. I've never heard anyone moaning about it from neither the staff nor student perspective (although I imagine there must be some disgruntled people for something or other!).

The course is approx one year in duration and residential. Reggiedh....that is the type of course you meant, right? You stipulated commercial pilot's licence as opposed to private pilot's licence. Most of the people on the course are young....in their 20s (if that!), but I don't suppose there are any age restrictions.
Correct this is what I am looking for a commercial pilot's license.. I am looking into this for my son and he is 18 and finishing A levels. Thanks to all for your comments.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

expat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the rough

Correct this is what I am looking for a commercial pilot's license.. I am looking into this for my son and he is 18 and finishing A levels. Thanks to all for your comments.
Very competitive industry to get into, never seen so many unemployed commercial pilots (many of who are captains with thousands of hours PIC) but best of luck all the same to your son, definetely starting at the right age and hopefully things will pick up in the next few years
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by expat2be
Very competitive industry to get into, never seen so many unemployed commercial pilots (many of who are captains with thousands of hours PIC) but best of luck all the same to your son, definetely starting at the right age and hopefully things will pick up in the next few years
We have been living and working all over West and Southern Africa for the last 13 years so there are some other opportunities down here. I think that like with anything else if you expand you horizons you'll be just fine.But yes I agree.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

expat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the rough

We have been living and working all over West and Southern Africa for the last 13 years so there are some other opportunities down here. I think that like with anything else if you expand you horizons you'll be just fine.But yes I agree.
Yes, as long as you're happy to re-locate then SA is a good place to try, also I think a lot of the Arab countries were (or were until very recently) taking on a lot of European pilots. Even with the downturn those employed pilots still have the best view out of their office windows in the world!