Coffee Beans

Old May 29th 2006, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coffee Beans

Thanks mitzyboy
will keep all that in mind
pwwm
Old May 29th 2006, 6:30 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwwm
Next question

Where can I but a decent coffee machine and I do mean the good ones that do everything, I am sure jdr might have the answer here for me

pwwm
They just built a new Courte Englais (spelling ?) in Fuengirola and they have everything there, even one that steam cleans your engine Seriously though from about40€ to mega euros, some are dual jug or cups,and take beans, loose or bags like tea bags.
I spose the one at Malaga will be nearer to you though.
Old May 30th 2006, 7:40 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

As an avowed coffee snob, intrigued by this post. What's wrong with a cafetiere and grinding your own beans?? I know cafetieres are difficult to find in Spain, as they seem to go for espresso type machines, and I haven't seen any coffee grinders for sale either. The ground coffee I bought last time was ground for filters, and too fine for a cafetiere, so am bringing loads over next time. The Algerian Coffee shop in London's Soho, a mecca for coffee drinkers does offer a mail order service, but they aren't cheap.
Now the ultimate is roasting your own beans..they sell roasters in the Algerian Coffee shop...for when I have more time. For the moment I usually resort to Waitrose Colombian beans...

Last edited by poollounger; May 30th 2006 at 9:23 am.
Old May 30th 2006, 8:41 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poollounger
As an avowed coffee snob, intigued by this post. What's wrong with a cafetiere and grinding your own beans?? I know cafetieres are dificult to find in Spain, as they seem to go for espresso type machines, and I haven't seen any coffe grinders for sale either. The ground coffee I bought last time was ground for filters, and too fine for a cafetiere, so am bringing loads over next time. The Algerian Coffee shop in London's Soho, a mecca for coffee drinkers does offer a mail order service, but they aren't cheap.
Now the ultimate is roasting your own beans..they sell roasters in the Algerian Coffee shop...for when I have more time. For the moment I usually resort to Waitrose Colombian beans...
Well we do grind our own beans for the machine we have now. I've tried cafetiere but always seem to end up with sludge in the bottom on the cup. TBH I love Spanish coffee shops, but you usually get such a small cup

Roasting your own beans .... wow ... I never considered that, but part of the reason for getting this machine was to make the procedure easier.
As I sit here now (9.40) I can hear the wife grinding beans (we won't need the grinder soon) then she fills the milk section, fills the water, tops up the pressure valve puts the ground coffee in. After we've finished the milk container needs a thorough wash, the grounds need emptying, the filter cleaning.
With the new machine we top up the water now and again, and put beans in now and again. Then we press a button ... and we get coffee
Old May 30th 2006, 9:05 am
Just Joined

scriv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well we do grind our own beans for the machine we have now. I've tried cafetiere but always seem to end up with sludge in the bottom on the cup. TBH I love Spanish coffee shops, but you usually get such a small cup

Roasting your own beans .... wow ... I never considered that, but part of the reason for getting this machine was to make the procedure easier.
As I sit here now (9.40) I can hear the wife grinding beans (we won't need the grinder soon) then she fills the milk section, fills the water, tops up the pressure valve puts the ground coffee in. After we've finished the milk container needs a thorough wash, the grounds need emptying, the filter cleaning.
With the new machine we top up the water now and again, and put beans in now and again. Then we press a button ... and we get coffee
Its a wonder you have time to do anything else during the day MItzyboy (lol)