Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

coast versus country

coast versus country

Old Aug 28th 2016, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

willflan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default coast versus country

Hi, i'm planning to move to murcia region next year and would prefer an inland town with expat community but wonder will transport be a problem. i would rather not have a car in spain as i will have a limited day to day budget but i hope to spend most of the winter and some summer there so not sure. i don't want to buy in a resort but are these the only places with regular public transport. could anyone suggest some small "spanish" town with links (public) to the coastal resorts and airport.Alicante airport is my best option Thank's,billy
Old Aug 28th 2016, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: coast versus country

Can't really recommend anywhere inland for you, but just a couple of points. In the early period settling in over here, you'll probably have quite a bit of running around to do, dealing with the bureaucracy, organising utilities, finding furniture or other bits for the house including white goods etc (unless the're all ready there for you) and all the many other things needed in a new property and country.
Also, do you have a car in the UK now or do you rely upon public transport? Remember, even for shopping for food you'll need to be able to access the shops whether by public transport or taxis and carry stuff back!
Old Aug 28th 2016, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

thank's Biffta appreciate your comments, Regards
Old Aug 28th 2016, 3:05 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

There are excellent transport links to all of the larger towns e.g. Murcia, Orehuela and Elche. Alternatively, you might want to consider the smaller towns along the railway line e.g. Crivalent, San Isidora, Callosa de Segura and Beniel.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 3:59 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willflan
Hi, i'm planning to move to murcia region next year and would prefer an inland town with expat community but wonder will transport be a problem. i would rather not have a car in spain as i will have a limited day to day budget but i hope to spend most of the winter and some summer there so not sure. i don't want to buy in a resort but are these the only places with regular public transport. could anyone suggest some small "spanish" town with links (public) to the coastal resorts and airport.Alicante airport is my best option Thank's,billy
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 28th 2016, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

hi missile, thank's for very helpful reply i actually never thought of trains,so that opens a whole new range of options for me. Thank's again,regards, Billy
Old Aug 28th 2016, 4:33 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

The train service is excellent.