Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Coach crash tonight at Benalmadena

Coach crash tonight at Benalmadena

Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Coach crash tonight at Benalmadena

I heard that 8 have been killed and 17 injured in this coach crash at Benalmadena tonight, lets hopw the toll does not get worse, was full apparently of Finnish passengers.
I hope the death list does not rise and send them my lve and thoughts tonight
Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:53 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coach crash tonight at Benalmadena

Originally Posted by pwwm
I heard that 8 have been killed and 17 injured in this coach crash at Benalmadena tonight, lets hopw the toll does not get worse, was full apparently of Finnish passengers.
I hope the death list does not rise and send them my lve and thoughts tonight
Saw this on the news earlier, what a terrible thing to happen
Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:57 pm
Banned

bokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the rough

Hit in the side by a drunk driver in an all terrain vehicle. At least 9 dead, another 19 critical and 16 more injured.

Last edited by bokeh; Apr 19th 2008 at 8:59 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 9:32 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

eeek this sucks more info here:

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_16146.shtml

I have always hated that part ofthe motorway. If im right, its the part heading towards malaga where it goes downhill steeply and turns to the right. Poeple fly down there and the road is rough there too. Its always made me feel a bit unnerved.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:57 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

OMG - thats awful - i hope hes dead as well the thoughtless B*&$£%^d. Sorry but i hate people who drink and drive.
Love to all the people who are hurt and the families of those who've been taken.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:50 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Yup very sad news. And now the 4x4 driver has to live with guilt for the rest of his life.

Its even made the BBC website with a video report to:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7356902.stm
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Scarily, it doesn't seem this man was raging drunk.

He was twice the limit, yes, which puts him at 50mg/L according to the newspaper this morning, but the limit in Spain (25mg/L) is significantly lower than that in britain.

The limit in the UK is higher, 40mg/L so if in Britain, he wouldn't have been that far over.

European limits

Last edited by rachelk; Apr 20th 2008 at 11:03 am.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 11:00 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I went past the crash site this morning and had a sad and eerie feeling when I thought what had happened last night there.
It was just past the Repsol Garages that are on either side of the road in Between the Benalmadena and the Torremolinos turn offs going towards the Airport.
Everything had been cleared up and apart from the damage on the road barrier you would not know anything as horrendous as that had happend.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 1:14 pm
Banned

bokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by rachelk
Scarily, it doesn't seem this man was raging drunk.

He was twice the limit, yes, which puts him at 50mg/L according to the newspaper this morning, but the limit in Spain (25mg/L) is significantly lower than that in britain.

The limit in the UK is higher, 40mg/L so if in Britain, he wouldn't have been that far over.

European limits
No. He was 50mg over the limit. The limit is 50mg in Spain so that puts him at 100mg. The limit in the UK is 80mg.

Edit: I just looked at that link you posted. What you are reading is not alcohol/blood it's alcohol content in exhaled air which by the way is 0.25mg/L, not 25mg/L.

Last edited by bokeh; Apr 20th 2008 at 1:20 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bokeh
No. He was 50mg over the limit. The limit is 50mg in Spain so that puts him at 100mg. The limit in the UK is 80mg.

Edit: I just looked at that link you posted. What you are reading is not alcohol/blood it's alcohol content in exhaled air which by the way is 0.25mg/L, not 25mg/L.
Sorry for lost decimal point - but I think we're making the same point.

The original newspaper link seems to have changed and the number has been removed, but I'm pretty sure it was talking about exhaled air - which is why I searched for the table because british comparisons give blood levels.

However, your first statement is (to me) the same thing - either he was 100mg cf a UK limit of 80mg, or he was 0.50mg for a UK limit of 0.40 - either way 25% over. Double the limit in Spain, only 25% over in the UK.

Or have i misunderstood you?

25%, not 20

Last edited by rachelk; Apr 20th 2008 at 1:54 pm. Reason: typos and poor maths!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 3:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by rachelk
Or have i misunderstood you?
No. Same thing with regard to the proportions. I didn't see your link when I posted. My guess for 100mg/L is about 5 cañas.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bokeh
No. Same thing with regard to the proportions. I didn't see your link when I posted. My guess for 100mg/L is about 5 cañas.
My fault for originally quoting 50 and 25 instead of 0.50 and 0.25.