clock change

Old Mar 22nd 2007, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default clock change

Do the clocks move forward this Sunday? If I remember correctly they went back the same day as the UK last year. If they don't change this will mean there will be no time difference between Spain and the UK.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 9:16 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: clock change

Yes, clocks go forward this w/end. It's always the same as the UK so the time diff remains the same.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 9:36 pm
Banned

BORAT is an unknown quantity at this point

hi I a Borat,
I have a clock that I am bored looking at on the mantle piece
I will change it with another ex-pat
how do we do this swap
thanking you very much
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 1:51 am
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: clock change

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
Yes, clocks go forward this w/end. It's always the same as the UK so the time diff remains the same.
Hi all!
Typicle! I am off work the week end, and already I've lost an hour!
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 8:36 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Im glad the clocks are going forward, one hour closer to emmigrating to spain. Yaaaaay

Love the way you spelt Typical chrisw, made me look twice and then totally forget the spelling myself. Funny how that happnes sometimes, totally forget how to spell something, the other day I was writing "how" as "haw" and was looking at it and thought "hmm that doesnt look right" then even writing "how" didnt look right either.. looked like ho
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all

Why does Spain have to have DOUBLE summer time? Why can´t it be like Portugal and UK on a similar longitude and just be one hour ahead of GMT in summer? Am off to Morocco this weekend and when I come back I have to put my watch forward TWO hours now as they don´t have summer time there at all.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:26 am
Just Joined

Leonardo will become famous soon enoughLeonardo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lis48
Why does Spain have to have DOUBLE summer time? Why can´t it be like Portugal and UK on a similar longitude and just be one hour ahead of GMT in summer? Am off to Morocco this weekend and when I come back I have to put my watch forward TWO hours now as they don´t have summer time there at all.
Spain Does not have double summer time it is east of GMT and a large country
Barcelona and the pyranees are a long way east therefore they are an hour ahead of the UK.

Leonardo
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:52 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leonardo
Spain Does not have double summer time it is east of GMT and a large country
Barcelona and the pyranees are a long way east therefore they are an hour ahead of the UK.

Leonardo
Nonsense.

Look at the link. http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-europe12.php

Most of Spain is in the same time zone as UK. You don't have to be an expert to notoice this. At certain times of the year when daybreak doesn't come until around 8.30am (the real time is 7.30) or when at noon, when on a north-south street, there should be no shadow but this doesn't arrive until well after 1pm (depending where you are)
Ask any fisherman - Spain is on wrong time zone, fact. It is a political choice not a geographical one.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:12 am
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: clock change

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
Im glad the clocks are going forward, one hour closer to emmigrating to spain. Yaaaaay

Love the way you spelt Typical chrisw, made me look twice and then totally forget the spelling myself. Funny how that happnes sometimes, totally forget how to spell something, the other day I was writing "how" as "haw" and was looking at it and thought "hmm that doesnt look right" then even writing "how" didnt look right either.. looked like ho
Hi onlineamiga! Lol! I' am glad you picked me up on that! The thing is, you would not believe how many time I re-typed that because it didn't look right! But it was late and I couldn't be bothered to !spellcheck" so just gave up trying in the end! That will teach me!
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:17 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Nonsense.

Look at the link. http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-europe12.php

Most of Spain is in the same time zone as UK. You don't have to be an expert to notoice this. At certain times of the year when daybreak doesn't come until around 8.30am (the real time is 7.30) or when at noon, when on a north-south street, there should be no shadow but this doesn't arrive until well after 1pm (depending where you are)
Ask any fisherman - Spain is on wrong time zone, fact. It is a political choice not a geographical one.
exactly.....the Greenwich mean line actually goes through Javea (where I live ) & Denia.....................and therefore Spain is directly due south of England............no-one can understand why the time is different here
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:30 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
exactly.....the Greenwich mean line actually goes through Javea (where I live ) & Denia.....................and therefore Spain is directly due south of England............no-one can understand why the time is different here
Well, it's easy to understand. As I said - it is a political choice. Spain, for international trade reasons wants to be on the same time as much of Europe. Choice is simple - go in the right zone to deal with Britain, Ireland, Portugal and Iceland (!) or opt for CET and be on the same time as France, Netherlands, Scandanavia, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Austria etc......
This decision was taken years ago and probably doesn't stand up in the modern world.
Remember - every now and again the argument for putting UK into CET zone comes up, usually supported by the business fraternity
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all

I think the double summer time might explain a lot why we eat so late in Spain. After all "midday" becomes 2pm which makes having lunch then quite logical. The day starts two hours later and ends two hours later in summer than GMT. So politicians influence a country´s eating habits??
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 2:37 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
means my air con remote clocks will be accurate again then.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
means my air con remote clocks will be accurate again then.
It also means the clock in the village shop will be showing the right time again come Monday!

I'm sure the shopkeeper kept meaning to alter the time "mañana!
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 5:09 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisca
It also means the clock in the village shop will be showing the right time again come Monday!

I'm sure the shopkeeper kept meaning to alter the time "mañana!

In our little town the church clock and the town hall clock are approx 30 metres apart and 1hour 35 minutes apart in time. They have been like this for the last 2 years to our knowledge. Changing to summer time will not mean that they will be changed. Even the clock inside the town hall differs so we believe that there are several time zones in that small area.

Add to that the fact that I have a radio controlled clock that I used in UK, very reliable, exact time guaranteed, but yes you have guessed it - it is controlled by GMT via a satellite (I think). This can be useful though when buying from e-bay UK.

Confused, yes I am.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.