Cleaner

Old Jun 6th 2011, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

thetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nice
Default Cleaner

Hey all:

Can anyone recommend a house cleaner?

I am looking for someone to come in one afternoon a week to help with keeping the house clean.

I have looked around but I don't feel very secure in replying to the ads that I see posted everywhere by people looking for work.

I would prefer to find someone that has a personal recommendation from someone here.

I am in the Los Boliches/Torreblanca area of Fuengirola.

Many thanks,
Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:04 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cleaner

Have you asked your neighbours? Like you said personal recommendations are always the best.

Rosemary
Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

thetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Have you asked your neighbours? Like you said personal recommendations are always the best.

Rosemary
Rosemary:

Good suggestion but I have already done that.

We are in apartment building that is a mixture of long term residents and summer let places.

The long term residents are generally older/retired and don't have a need for additional help as they have time on their hands.

As for the summer let people, the management company has a team of people that look after the building. I have spoken to them but none of them are interested nor know of anyone that would be.

Thanks,

Iain
Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:22 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Rosemary
I found mine through my rental agent - my thinking was that they must know some for changeovers & so on - & she's great

the first one I found - by asking neighbours - was a nightmare!!

we agreed on 2.5 to 3 hours, I was VERY clear on what I wanted done - & what I didn't want done (some rooms aren't used at all - so no point them being done every week - yet she still kept doing them (before those that I needed doing!) & stretching the time out to 5 hours)
Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I found mine through my rental agent - my thinking was that they must know some for changeovers & so on - & she's great
Unfortunately, the building is owned by a rather large corporation and they have full time team of people for maintenance etc (and I have already asked them without success).
Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:50 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thetraveller
Unfortunately, the building is owned by a rather large corporation and they have full time team of people for maintenance etc (and I have already asked them without success).
do you rent dierectly from them, or do you go through a seperate agent?

the general cleaning of our building & urb is done by a big company too - I actually asked my rental agent if they had anyone who does their holiday changeovers

if you rent directly from the building, why not go round some of the other rental agents - they might know someone who wants a few extra hours a week- not quite a personal recommendation though, I know
Old Jun 6th 2011, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lynnxa
do you rent dierectly from them, or do you go through a seperate agent?

the general cleaning of our building & urb is done by a big company too - I actually asked my rental agent if they had anyone who does their holiday changeovers

if you rent directly from the building, why not go round some of the other rental agents - they might know someone who wants a few extra hours a week- not quite a personal recommendation though, I know
No, we rent directly from the owners - good deal actually since we didn't have to pay an agent fee

I will go to some of the rental agents around but as you said not the same a personal recommendation.

Thanks
Old Jun 6th 2011, 5:13 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

I wasnt much help in the end was I - those I've asked in that line of work are all getting a lot of work doing Villas and meet and greet at the moment. They'll probably all be available at the end of the season, but for now it seems theres a fair bit of well paid cleaning work around

Jo xxx
Old Jun 6th 2011, 5:20 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

If you shop at a local small store it might be worth asking if they know of anyone reliable. Anywhere that you frequent that are friendly and trustworthy may be able to point you in the right direction.

I was approached in Carrefour once and asked whether I needed a cleaner and also in my local Consum. If I had been in line for a cleaner I would have responded positively to the one in Consum because she was asked by several people that I know whether I had said yes or not, she gave me her phone number just in case I changed my mind.

Rosemary

Last edited by Rosemary; Jun 6th 2011 at 6:44 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

That is a great idea!

Would have never thought of that.

I will ask around at a couple of places that I haunt

Iain

If you shop at a local small store it might be worth asking if they know of anyone reliable. Anywhere that you frecuent that are friendly and trustworthy may be able to point you in the right direction.

I was approached in Carrefour once and asked whether I needed a cleaner and also in my local Consum. If I had been in line for a cleaner I would have responded positively to the one in Consum because she was asked by several people that I know whether I had said yes or not, she gave me her phone number just in case I changed my mind.

Rosemary
Old Jun 6th 2011, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by thetraveller
That is a great idea!

Would have never thought of that.

I will ask around at a couple of places that I haunt

Iain
OH and I were just talking about how we would go about it and he suggested the town hall. Not sure what it is like where you live but in our small town everyone seems to know everyone else so our town hall staff would probably be able to give us some idea as to who might require work and also whether they were trustworthy.

Rosemary
Old Jun 7th 2011, 6:40 am
Just Joined

united10 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello iam a window cleaner in england but want to move to gran caneria with my family cud and one who lives there plz tell me if there is any cause for a window cleaner out there ive bin doing the job for over 20 yrs many thanks
Old Jun 7th 2011, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by united10
hello iam a window cleaner in england but want to move to gran caneria with my family cud and one who lives there plz tell me if there is any cause for a window cleaner out there ive bin doing the job for over 20 yrs many thanks
Spanish windows are either sliders or open inwards so housewives tend to clean them themselves.

Rosemary
Old Jun 8th 2011, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

united10 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks rosemary guess its rainy old england for me then
Old Jun 8th 2011, 8:40 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

... and most windows have "rejas" (the iron bars) which make it a fiddly process to clean them, altho there are commercial properties with big windows, but I assume they are catered for already???

Jo xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.