Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

clean and launder costs

clean and launder costs

Old Aug 23rd 2012, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

lukasflukas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default clean and launder costs

Hi Im thinking of renting my 2 bed apt in Benalmadena and need to know how much is the going rate to pay someone to clean and launder it after a one week and 2 week stay for 4 people. my neighbour is also mulling it over for his one bed apt any ideas welcome.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Tolly has a spectacular aura aboutTolly has a spectacular aura aboutTolly has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: clean and launder costs

we have someone who comes and cleans for us before our visits for 12€ per hour, she thoroughly cleans everything inside including the glass wardrobe doors, does the windows, washes down the patio, i dont get her to do the laundry, but she charges 8€ per load - hope that helps

Takes 2 hours - we have a 1 bedroom apartment
Old Aug 24th 2012, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

I have someone who does everything outside and also cleans for a friend, absolutely fantastic does anytihng you ask at a mere 7€ an hour, not telling her you are paying 12€ shush
Old Aug 24th 2012, 9:02 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tolly
we have someone who comes and cleans for us before our visits for 12€ per hour, she thoroughly cleans everything inside including the glass wardrobe doors, does the windows, washes down the patio, i dont get her to do the laundry, but she charges 8€ per load - hope that helps

I think that's a little expensive.

HOWEVER, I think I might even pay more for some one that can be trusted!
Old Aug 24th 2012, 9:08 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
I think that's a little expensive.

HOWEVER, I think I might even pay more for some one that can be trusted!
also - is the OP just looking for a cleaner to do the changeovers or someone to look after the property in their absence?

that would make a difference, surely
Old Aug 24th 2012, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

siteservices is an unknown quantity at this point

I am interested in any replies here as well. We have just bought a place and will be renting it out when we get it sorted (and furnished). We have been quoted someone who will hold the key for 30 euros a month and then charge so much for a changeover (can't remember how much but was reasonable). As we will only be able to go out so many times a year and not for very long at a time do you think this would be a good idea? I'm presuming they would pop round between lettings to keep their eye on the place and hopefully would make themselves available if we needed to let the electricity people in or if we had any work done. I think 7 euros an hour for cleaning seems very cheap but maybe that's the going rate in Spain, especially if you have a few clients
Old Aug 24th 2012, 10:10 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siteservices
I am interested in any replies here as well. We have just bought a place and will be renting it out when we get it sorted (and furnished). We have been quoted someone who will hold the key for 30 euros a month and then charge so much for a changeover (can't remember how much but was reasonable). As we will only be able to go out so many times a year and not for very long at a time do you think this would be a good idea? I'm presuming they would pop round between lettings to keep their eye on the place and hopefully would make themselves available if we needed to let the electricity people in or if we had any work done. I think 7 euros an hour for cleaning seems very cheap but maybe that's the going rate in Spain, especially if you have a few clients
just make sure that whoever is holding the key is a registered company & has insurance

if for instance the place was burgled you could find that the insurance won't pay out if it's just a 'friend' who has the key...........

around here we pay 8€ - 12 € an hour for cleaners
Old Aug 24th 2012, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

that's a good point about the insurance - would that be because we'd given a key to a third party? No they're not a company just a couple who look after an apartment we stayed in a while back, and were recommended to us as being trustworthy.
Old Aug 24th 2012, 10:34 am
¿Dónde estoy?

that's a good point about the insurance - would that be because we'd given a key to a third party? No they're not a company just a couple who look after an apartment we stayed in a while back, and were recommended to us as being trustworthy.
yes, it's for exactly that reason

it happened to some people I knew - the house was burgled & because the keys weren't held by a registered company the insurance didn't pay out

it doesn't matter how trustworthy the people are - if they aren't registered & insured you leave yourself open to potential problems
Old Aug 24th 2012, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

but what about every time you send out keys to holiday-makers?
Old Aug 24th 2012, 10:48 am
¿Dónde estoy?

but what about every time you send out keys to holiday-makers?
you have insurance for holidaymakers using the property, no?

they are paying you, too, rather than you paying someone to look after the property

I'm not sure I personally would be posting the keys to my property to anyone though - but I'm sure many many people do exactly that!!
Old Aug 24th 2012, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

if there is no forcible entry you are not insured for any burglary type claim.

Also, if yr insurer finds out a third party was renting yr house then you are not insured either.

A specific letting insurance is about double a residential one, they arent charities, & they aren't stupid either!
Old Aug 24th 2012, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

yes we're telling insurance companies we will be renting it out - we're just getting quotes at the moment but are rather suspicious as they seem quite a bit cheaper than in the UK. Sorry I've veered this thread away from the subject so will stop now! xx
Old Aug 24th 2012, 11:12 am
¿Dónde estoy?

yes we're telling insurance companies we will be renting it out - we're just getting quotes at the moment but are rather suspicious as they seem quite a bit cheaper than in the UK. Sorry I've veered this thread away from the subject so will stop now! xx
actually - if the OP is thinking of letting his property I'd say it's very relevant - drifted a bit from the original question - but relevant to the situation, no?
Old Aug 24th 2012, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

lukasflukas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tolly

Thankyou it sounds like a 50 euro clean if you include 3 washes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.