Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Clarification ?

Clarification ?

Old May 31st 2020, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all
Question Clarification ?

This is from MyLondon, but there's something similar all over the British press. I imagine they all got it from the same source. Reuters or something. Anyway, it says

"Spain will lift its 14 day quarantine rule for tourists on 1 July - but Brits will only be allowed into the country if COVID-19 is at an "acceptable" level in the UK"

Do you think the rule's about people with British nationality, or about people arriving from Britain.

The reason I'm asking is that although I'm British for the last four months I've been in Italy, and I'd like to spend a few weeks in Spain (probably in July) on the way back to the UK.

I'd be grateful for any advice. Has anyone here seen the text of the original announcement or decree or whatever it was, for instance.

Old Jun 2nd 2020, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all
Default Re: Clarification ?

Obviously no-one knows the answer !

Anyway, it sounds as if Greece had the same question and has produced an answer. What will matter, for them, will be where the flight or ferry or bus or whatever came from, not the nationality of the passenger.

https://www.ekathimerini.com/253248/...om-all-nations

The airports currently on the EASA affected area list is here. From 15 June passengers flying from any of them will be tested and quarantined (7 days if the test turns out negative, 14 if the result is positive). Passengers from other airports may be. After 1 July the plan - provisional - is that there will be random checks on all arrivals, irrespective of where they're coming from.

I think Spain may come up with something similar.

Old Jun 2nd 2020, 12:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clarification ?

I would take that as meaning the country you have travelled from not the nationality of the person travelling. It is because the UK as a whole currently has an higher infection rate obviously that can change either way.