Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ciudad Real airport

Ciudad Real airport

Old Jul 19th 2009, 12:47 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ciudad Real airport

Is it true it's gone into administration?

If so, it doesn't surprise me. What was the point in building an airport in such a location? There are already loads of airports serving the major cities in Spain. Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the few people who could enjoy living in, or visiting central parts of Spain, but I'm in a very small minority. Just who was this airport targeted at?
Old Jul 19th 2009, 6:02 pm
Account Closed

St. John is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ciudad Real airport

I too was excited at the prospect of a new airport within one and a half hours of my town, the other is Granada. The airport under various guises has been there some time now. Firstly it was South Madrid Airport, then Don Quijote airport before becoming Cuidad Real Central Airport. It was renovated privately and, I think, only serviced by one budget airline - Air Berlin. One of my acquaintances flew to Salzburg from there 2 months ago.

I had no idea that it was closing - it only opened fully in November 2008.

What a shame, I was hoping that more low-cost airlines would take to flying there.