Ciudad Quesada

Old Sep 11th 2013, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

gizmo_girl13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Ciudad Quesada

Hi , Can someone tell me a little bit more about Ciudad Quesada ?
Old Sep 11th 2013, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ciudad Quesada

HI

What would you like to know ?

Its a large ExPat area built on to the mainly Spanish town of Rojales but only a few miles drive / walk and you can be in some nice Spanish areas.

There is a really beautiful beach not far in the town of Guadamar about 6 miles away, both Dunes and normal sand, I liked a lot. Not far from Airports of San Javier or Alicante, the town does not really have a good public transport infrastructure, has a really good hotel / golf course and small shops, plenty of Bars and eateries, and it has good areas and not so good.

There is a little video here with a nippy (cheesy) little tune, worth a watch, have a look and then come back and tell us what more you need to know

http://www.spain-holiday.com/Ciudad-Quesada
Old Sep 11th 2013, 4:29 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I can tell you it is a lot warmer than Paisley. I could tell you more but you would need to give me a clue. What is it you want to know?

Andy, Please be advised there is a frequent bus services running from Rojales on a route round Quesada.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
I can tell you it is a lot warmer than Paisley. I could tell you more but you would need to give me a clue. What is it you want to know?

Andy, Please be advised there is a frequent bus services running from Rojales on a route round Quesada.
The weather here in Essex has changed tonight, it feels like Winter now, I am quite cold ! They think their might be a couple of weeks of late Sun in the 20's next week.

Ive seen the bus stops but I have only ever seen a single bus once, I did though see some timetables but only in the Main street but they was not for Rojales.

I take it there are plenty of busses from Rojales to other towns though, its good to know, thanks for that.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Just the general things like schools , shops , restaurants , weather
Old Sep 11th 2013, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

That video helped thank you
Old Sep 11th 2013, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Missile lives there so he would know best, as for shops, id say its limited but there is a plaza in Torre which is not far away

http://www.habaneras.es/W/do/centre/inicio

and then a bigger one in Elche called AlJub

http://www.cclaljub.com/

And then even bigger one (I think) called Gran Via in alicante

http://www.ccgranvia.com/

Last edited by andyrich666; Sep 11th 2013 at 5:10 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 9:31 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gizmo_girl13
Just the general things like schools , shops , restaurants , weather
There is a good international school in Quesada and a good Spanish school in Rojales, there is a great choice of shops and supermarkets in and around Quesada including two chemists, Mercadons, Lidl, DIY stores, Irish linen shop, electrical suppliers et al. There are many restaurants. If you want fish and chips, English breakfast, British, Italian, Himalayan, Indian, French or Spanish it is all there for you.

Surely you don't need advice on the weather?
Old Sep 12th 2013, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Missile HI

Can I ask you Is that new Restaurant / Bar open or fully built yet next to the Amstelaria ?
Old Sep 12th 2013, 10:24 am
Started off with nothing

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Missile HI

Can I ask you Is that new Restaurant / Bar open or fully built yet next to the Amstelaria ?
Hi,

Yes there is a new one. There are several bars and restaurants in that local. FYI, I would recommend the Spice Hut
Old Sep 12th 2013, 3:06 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I live a ten-minute drive away from Quesada and visit it often. I was up that way earlier. There's one snag for me personally. All the roundabouts make me dizzy enough to want to eat more than I normally do.

I had curry and chips today, with ali ollie, bread and chocolate ice cream to finish. According to my calorie chart, I can't eat anything for the next two days.

And I've got an invitation to the giant Wok on the way to Benijofar on Saturday. I hope they still do the lobster in the evening.

And I've just thought of Quesada fish and chips. We live in a wicked world.
Old Sep 14th 2013, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gizmo_girl13
Hi , Can someone tell me a little bit more about Ciudad Quesada ?
It depends on what you want, very built up area consisting of plenty of eateries, personally to built up for me to much concrete. Its very popular tho
I prefer to live bit further inland and visit Quesada for evening or day out .
But its all a matter of personal taste we all need something different,
Old Sep 15th 2013, 2:36 am
Started off with nothing

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
It depends on what you want, very built up area consisting of plenty of eateries, personally to built up for me to much concrete. Its very popular tho
I prefer to live bit further inland and visit Quesada for evening or day out .
But its all a matter of personal taste we all need something different,
There is no "concrete" in Quesada, i.e. no houses over two stories

Last edited by missile; Sep 15th 2013 at 3:28 am.