Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Citizens safety ?

Citizens safety ?

Old Dec 16th 2013, 8:41 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Citizens safety ?

Who on earth do they think they're kidding.

http://elpais.com/elpais/2013/12/15/...32_766322.html

Simply another backward step towards Francoism.

I'm all for controlling dogs but the rest is obviously simply a step to stifle free speech and all opposition.

Take care not to criticise the way the country is run or you will be slapped with a 30,000e fine.

If you do wish to organise a protest let them know in good time so no doubt the cops will be prepared in big numbers all ready to smash your skulls in.

""..... or for “offenses against Spain,” such as shouting or carrying signs “that are harmful or abusive to Spain or any region” during a demonstration. It will make it obligatory for protests to be pre-approved by the authorities.

The Council of Europe has slammed the planned bill. Nils Muiznieks, the commissioner for human rights, called it “disproportionate” and said it violates the rights to assembly.

Fernández’s comments came just hours before hundreds of health professionals and their supporters in Madrid held a march to the Puerta del Sol to protest the regional government’s budget cuts in medical care and its planned privatization of certain services at area hospitals.""

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Dec 16th 2013 at 8:44 am. Reason: add on
Old Dec 16th 2013, 8:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizens safety ?

You'll be pleased to hear then that private security guards will now be able to stop, identify and frisk/search you. That's gone down like a lead balloon as well.
http://www.teinteresa.es/espana/vigi...045696064.html
Old Dec 16th 2013, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Sing to the Xmas tune......"It's beginning to feel a bit like a dictadura"
These sorts of curtailment of citizens rights to protest are going on all over the world.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute

Dick: "Simply another backward step towards Francoism".

That's what Madrid is to the regions. Stuffed full of right-wing politicians with moustaches (no offence to those on this site with moustaches!!).
Nothing's changed since THAT man died.

I reckon as far as regional independence goes, most are simply voicing a protest against narrow-minded thinking from Madrid. It's there that the real problem lies of poor old Spain.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

I was telling a Spanish friend that my teacher came from Valladolid, he immediately said, "You mean Fachadolid!" Big, big fascist stronghold, it seems.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
I was telling a Spanish friend that my teacher came from Valladolid, he immediately said, "You mean Fachadolid!" Big, big fascist stronghold, it seems.
Maybe we'll be slapped with a 30,000 fine for this discussion! I asked my Spanish Mama's family if anyone from our village died in the Guerra civil. She told me no-one had. maybe she even believes that. I certainly believed her until this week. Then from 2 separate (younger) people I heard 27 people in total died. 2 fighting for the right wing and 25 "up against the cemetery walls". Including the great grandfather of our present alcaldesa...he was a Republican.
Apparently the older generation keep the vow of silence here. But I must admit I was shocked to be lied to by my closest friend!
Why is it the 'citizens safety' law........ brought in by the right wing government makes me now feel just a little less safe?
Old Dec 16th 2013, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiescarr
Maybe we'll be slapped with a 30,000 fine for this discussion! I asked my Spanish Mama's family if anyone from our village died in the Guerra civil. She told me no-one had. maybe she even believes that. I certainly believed her until this week. Then from 2 separate (younger) people I heard 27 people in total died. 2 fighting for the right wing and 25 "up against the cemetery walls". Including the great grandfather of our present alcaldesa...he was a Republican.
Apparently the older generation keep the vow of silence here. But I must admit I was shocked to be lied to by my closest friend!
Why is it the 'citizens safety' law........ brought in by the right wing government makes me now feel just a little less safe?
There still exists the "walls have ears" syndrome here. Those who fought in the civil war will all be in their 80's now. Yes, there is still a silence, but it's beginning to be broken, fortunately.
Hopefully this current government will be swept away in the next elections, though what will there be to replace it I wonder?
Old Dec 16th 2013, 6:15 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

All I can say is it's just as well there are no Salt mines or equivalent of Siberia in Spain or else a fair number of expats would end up alongside a few million dissident Spaniards for a kind of tough working vacation.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
All I can say is it's just as well there are no Salt mines or equivalent of Siberia in Spain or else a fair number of expats would end up alongside a few million dissident Spaniards for a kind of tough working vacation.
Perhaps the present Government are hankering after bringing back the forced labour imposed by Franco, of which there was no shortage:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_T...d_forced_labor

Rajoy might be planning his own mausoleum a la Valle de los Caidos - there must be a lot of spare land available now that Euro Vegas is off the agenda.

Last edited by Lynn R; Dec 16th 2013 at 6:47 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 7:31 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

If nothing else it adds to the confusion about law enforcement in Spain; we already have three police forces, the National Police, the Guardia Civil and the Local Police, all armed to the teeth. And now they're going to give private security officers police powers as well (they're already armed to the teeth).

I watched one of the latter chasing a mugger across a Carrefour car park. He had no chance of catching him, he was so weighed down by all the dangerous stuff attached to his belt.

And for a time there was an armed guard on the door of my local bank after they had been robbed twice in a week. Every time someone came into the bank, he started fiddling with the safety catch on his outsize revolver and I started going to another branch.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 10:39 pm
On the road again.

http://elpais.com/elpais/2013/12/16/...43_419382.html

So typical of Rajoy and his disgusting obscene regime in Madrid.

To hell with decency and human rights.

Just wonder if this makes me first in line for a 30,000 euro fine ?

Do I care, do I hell as like,...... and I'm pretty damned certain that the vast majority of decent Spanish folk feel much the same way.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
You'll be pleased to hear then that private security guards will now be able to stop, identify and frisk/search you. That's gone down like a lead balloon as well.
http://www.teinteresa.es/espana/vigi...045696064.html
I love point 2 in the list of what will/would or not be allowed:

Los vigilantes de seguridad sólo podrán identificar, cachear y detener a quienes cometan un delito cuándo la infracción se produzca en su zona de trabajo, y sólo en los siguientes lugares:

-En la vía pública.
-En eventos deportivos.
-En conciertos y otros espectáculos culturales.
-En zonas comerciales.
-En calles de urbanizaciones privadas.

So pretty much everywhere except your own home, then..............
Old Dec 17th 2013, 7:53 am
On the road again.

As expected I am not alone.

http://www.thelocal.es/20131216/prot...-fascist-fines

What on earth is the point of fining people 30,000 euros when they haven't even got a cent to scratch their arses or a crumb to put in their mouths ?

This must surely be the dumbest regime in Spanish history.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by fionamw
I love point 2 in the list of what will/would or not be allowed:

Los vigilantes de seguridad sólo podrán identificar, cachear y detener a quienes cometan un delito cuándo la infracción se produzca en su zona de trabajo, y sólo en los siguientes lugares:

-En la vía pública.
-En eventos deportivos.
-En conciertos y otros espectáculos culturales.
-En zonas comerciales.
-En calles de urbanizaciones privadas.

So pretty much everywhere except your own home, then..............
I think cachear is a synonym for manosear, knowing those lusty macho Spanish males. Brace yourselves ladies!
Old Dec 18th 2013, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

rif72 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am very sorry for this too as we wanted to buy a property near malaga. I am from south europe so I can read very well spanish. I understood about this "ley de seguridad" since months already but i did not know it was so oppressive before to read the full text of the "borrador" . I am disgusted, one cannot invest 200000 euros in a country which can make you a fine of 30.000 to 600.000 euros because you go to a protest or you do not "respect" los functionarios. Its crazy, how this people do not understand that they force the potential investors to steer clear of spain? are they willing to return to Franchismo? Viva la dictatura! ...arriba espana...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.