Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Chritians vs Moors in Oliva

Chritians vs Moors in Oliva

Old Jul 3rd 2009, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

littlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud of
Default Chritians vs Moors in Oliva

Hi very nice peeps,
Does anyone know when the above will be doing their do in Oliva this year...or have I already missed it?
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chritians vs Moors in Oliva

According to this, 15th July

http://www.comunitatvalenciana.com/v...uni=458&tipo=2

Google is your friend.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

littlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud of

Thanks for that....something to amuse the in-laws. Yes, Google may be my friend, but when questioned about the subject, proved to be uninterested and just shrugged me off with lots of useless spam.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 10:49 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlelambfound
Thanks for that....something to amuse the in-laws. Yes, Google may be my friend, but when questioned about the subject, proved to be uninterested and just shrugged me off with lots of useless spam.
Its excellent

Old Jul 3rd 2009, 11:06 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Nice pics Mitz, I can feel the atmosphere from here, ;-))
Old Jul 4th 2009, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlelambfound
be prepared for a looong night...it does go on a bit...also the one in Ador was good last year (and not as long) so might be worth checking out, in Aug when the fiesta is on but cant remember the exact date
Old Jul 4th 2009, 3:42 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
be prepared for a looong night...it does go on a bit...also the one in Ador was good last year (and not as long) so might be worth checking out, in Aug when the fiesta is on but cant remember the exact date
probably like ours though it's fantastic the first time you see it, enjoyable the second time, ok the third time (if you know anyone actually in the parade) - but after that you can take it or leave it
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
probably like ours though it's fantastic the first time you see it, enjoyable the second time, ok the third time (if you know anyone actually in the parade) - but after that you can take it or leave it
too true
Old Jul 4th 2009, 11:47 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

its been my village m&c fiesta this weekend....and after a few years of living here i did not even realise they had one!!!!!!

until this moring...

and the 730 am fireworks...

and band marching around the village....

and loud speaker announcements about it!!

but also coincided with the village "start of summer" fiesta...so it has been basically 2 weeks of music fireworks and no parking!!!

it is 145am and a poor rendition of "perfect" is going on...on the temporary stage set up om the main street of the village....with all of 30 people
watching this group!

cannot wait to be worken up at 730 this mornig with more fireworks and marhing bands....gawd knows how the spaniards and village elders do it...there must be something in the font water!
Old Jul 5th 2009, 6:40 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
too true
the fireworks after the Sunday night parade here are great though

at least they're different every year!!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 8:41 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

found this programme of events for the m&cs in Oliva...

2009 PROGRAMME OF EVENTS

Saturday, July 11: PRESENTATION OF DIGNITARIES
11.00hrs: Children's fair with dolçainers, animations, costumes, warpaint, story-telling and much more. Parc de l'Estació, main Paseo.
23.00hrs: Presentation of captains, ambassadors and flagbearersin Parc de l'Estació, followed by firework display.

Thursday, July 16: PREGÓN, DÍA DE LOS MÚSICOS Y NOCHE DEL PUTXERO
20.00hrs: Pregón Festero, or 'call' to the fiesta from the balcony of the town hall. This year, presented by Punt 2 TV presenter Julio Tormo. Followed by cannon-shots and musical parades from the town hall square to Parc de l'Estació in front of the mock castle. Here, they will play the pasodoble by Miquel Villar, Oliva 1990. Ends with fireworks and mascletà.
00.30hrs: 'Informal' entrada of the Moors and Christians.

Friday, July 17: ENTRADA OF THE CHRISTIANS.
07.30hrs: Awakening with band music and cannon-shots in front of the castle and then parading around various streets in the town.
20.00hrs: Spectacular entry of the Christian troops in the following order of Filadas, or troops, after the official opening and the flag-carriers of the fiesta committee: Fila Contrabandistas, Fila Corsarios, Fila Jaime I, Fila Mosqueteros, Fila Maseros, Fila Piratas (Hilada Capitana 2009). Leaves from Rinconada de las Ermitas and runs along the N-332 (C/ Gabriel Císcar), Avenida Loygorri, and Paseo Joan Carles I (main street). Ends outside the municipal market. Continues with Xaranga music until the early hours.

Saturday, July 18: DISEMBARKING OF THE MOORS.
02.00hrs: Open-air disco on Pau Pi beach (Playa Mitja Galta) lasting until the disembarking of the Moors.
06.00hrs: Disembarking of the Moorish troops on the beach, firework display and cannon-shots. Moorish captain addresses his troops and a 'spy', or estafeta, tips off the Christian army of their arrival. Mock battle on the beach.
19.00hrs: Spectacular entry of the Moorish troops. Official opening then parade of flag-carriers from the fiesta association. The filadas, or parades, are in the following order: Fila Moriscos, Fila Tuareg, Fila Marraquech, Fila Almorávides, Fila Taifas, Fila Mudéjares (Hilada Capitana 2009). Fiesta continues until the early hours on the streets.

Sunday, July 19: RECONQUEST AND END OF THE FIESTA.
Noon: All filadas, or troops visit each others' casales (tented headquarters) accompanied by musical bands.
19.00hrs: Children's parade along C/ Loygorri, Paseo Joan Carles I, Paseo Lluís Vives and ending in front of the municipal market.
19.30hrs: Reconquest parade starting from Paseo del Rei Jaume I through to the castle.
20.30hrs: Reconquest of the castle by the Christians. The Christian captain leads his troops and features the estafeta, where a 'spy' on horseback tips off the Moors, who are hiding in the castle. Mock battle with cannon-shots. Midnight: Huge firework display to mark the end of the fiesta.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

The Guy: You ams the man! Thank you.

Spent yesterday watching young cows and one young bull doing their cow and bull thing in the port in Denia. Though it's called "Los Bous a la Mar", we only saw one cow take a dip. Though lots of people did.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 3:48 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
If you join one of the camparsas and DIY it is a lot more fun
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:39 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Bit racist though innit?

I wonder, would you get away with something like that here in the UK?
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:40 am
¿Dónde estoy?

shall I?

oh don't!!

there were actually rumours a couple of years ago that they were going to stop the moors & christians parade (here or somewhere near) for that very reason

apparently some extranjeros (I heard brits) were complaining!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.