Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Christmas...(yes I know its october)

Christmas...(yes I know its october)

Old Oct 16th 2007, 10:34 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Christmas...(yes I know its october)

Originally Posted by brisca
Oh, I can SOoooo imagine that!!

1 penny coins? Do you mean the decimal ones, or what I would call an "old" penny??
I guess that because there were 12 of them, this was slightly pre-decimal?
I remember being able to buy 3 black jacks for an old penny, but the rotten so and sos then went decimal just as I started school, and I'm blooming sure I never got as many black jacks for my money, ever again!

Pre-decimal old penny Sam, 8 blackjacks or fruitsalds for a 1 penny, better still when mojo's first came out we got 16 but sadly that didn't last too long
Old Oct 16th 2007, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Pre-decimal old penny Sam, 8 blackjacks or fruitsalds for a 1 penny, better still when mojo's first came out we got 16 but sadly that didn't last too long
You used to get 8!!!???

Well, I was well and truly done over in 1969/70 then wasn't I?
How come I only got 3??
Old Oct 16th 2007, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by brisca
You used to get 8!!!???

Well, I was well and truly done over in 1969/70 then wasn't I?
How come I only got 3??

There's alot to be said for the '50's
Old Oct 17th 2007, 7:30 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Christmas? ..... What a load of old B@ll@cks :curse:

Its a load of old bloody expensive hype that I refuse to get drawn into. I dont send cards and dont put cards up that people send me (except close family cos they would be upset if I didnt). I only buy presents for the kids in our family that still believe in santa and never for adults including mum and dad.

I never did xmas dinner with all the family when we lived in the UK...me and OH used to go for an Indian and it was much nicer.

And yep, I was known as scrooge but I didnt give a toss!!!

Its each to their own and for those of you who get drawn into it and enjoy xmas then have a good one!!!
Old Oct 17th 2007, 7:49 am
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Christmas????????????

*GROAN*

Too flaming early to even be contemplating it......
Old Oct 17th 2007, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by MnM
Christmas????????????

*GROAN*

Too flaming early to even be contemplating it......
Shall we hijack this thread?
Old Oct 17th 2007, 8:22 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 17th 2007, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was counting on you to hijack this thread
Old Oct 17th 2007, 8:30 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
I was counting on you to hijack this thread
Why?

I love Christmas!!
Old Oct 17th 2007, 9:01 am

Why?

I love Christmas!!
I am sure if I had kids them my house would look like Santas grotto at xmas.

But not having kids and not being religious I just dont see the point of it!
Old Oct 17th 2007, 9:03 am
Straw Man.

I just dont see the point of it!
Take yourself outside and give yourself a good hard slapping woman!!!!
Old Oct 17th 2007, 9:06 am

Take yourself outside and give yourself a good hard slapping woman!!!!
I think I will stay away from this thread now.....I cant bear to watch you all get giddy over one day in the year!!
Old Oct 17th 2007, 9:31 am
Straw Man.

I think I will stay away from this thread now.....I cant bear to watch you all get giddy over one day in the year!!
Its not just one day, its the whole build up to it, and all that goes with it...........I love it.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 11:16 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Its really great seeing the kids playing in the toy boxes.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by jdr
Its really great seeing the kids playing in the toy boxes.

So true JDR, we always made sure we had at least on gift that came in a big box, s*d the toys where's the boxes.....the cats always ended up living in them for weeks after.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.