Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Christmas in Isla Canela Golf hotel in Ayamonte

Christmas in Isla Canela Golf hotel in Ayamonte

Old Aug 28th 2014, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

dairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nice
Default Christmas in Isla Canela Golf hotel in Ayamonte

I've been looking at Christmas week deals. One of them is in the Isla Canela Golf hotel in Ayamonte.....pretty good deal but I'm wondering what is the area like at that time of year?

Living in the CDS we have little interest in deserted resort type places...we see enough of them!

I've provisionally booked an apartment in Lisbon for that week. So which would you choose?

We like good restaurants, a bit of life (nothing too hectic) and a wander about during the day.

All advice gratefully received.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Christmas in Isla Canela Golf hotel in Ayamonte

Originally Posted by dairymaid
I've been looking at Christmas week deals. One of them is in the Isla Canela Golf hotel in Ayamonte.....pretty good deal but I'm wondering what is the area like at that time of year?

Living in the CDS we have little interest in deserted resort type places...we see enough of them!

I've provisionally booked an apartment in Lisbon for that week. So which would you choose?

We like good restaurants, a bit of life (nothing too hectic) and a wander about during the day.

All advice gratefully received.
Hi, I would go with Lisbon, its a fab place and will have a lot more going on as the Portuguese are much more into Xmas than the Spanish. Plus there are a huge amount of good restaurants where as quite a few here close in the Winter. Regards Bryony

P.S. I do feel a bit of a traitor giving you that advice as we love the peace and quiet here.

Last edited by MikeCol; Aug 28th 2014 at 5:33 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

dairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nice

You're confirming what I suspected...thank you for your honesty and your help!
Old Aug 29th 2014, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

I echo Bryony, although there may be more life in the big hotels the resort itself will be pretty quiet - nice for walking on the beach but not much else. Ayamonte and VRSA are quite close so you could enjoy a Spanish Christmas and a Portuguese Christmas just by crossing the bridge, taking advantage of the hour difference in time. But, personally I would go with Lisbon.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

thank you Mike....Lisbon it is!