Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

christmas celabrations

christmas celabrations

Old Dec 5th 2007, 1:54 pm
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice
Default christmas celabrations

my parents have told me that the spanish celebrate christmas on the 10th of january is this correct as we are over for the new year thanks helen.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 1:57 pm
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: christmas celabrations

They celebrate navidad on the 24th and 3 kings on the 6th which is the main one. I think we are all finally back to work on the 10th after a months holiday!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 2:18 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky you! The company i work for, which happens to be the best company on the coast just has Xmas Day, Boxing Day and New years day off.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 2:52 pm
Still young member

Nah - mines the best company on the coast - and Im the boss!

So, I decide!!!

Truth is its slowing down but also I can divert phones around and access emails from home, although the office is a 10 min stroll form where I live so I tend to come in now and again. My business quietens down traditionally from now until about end of jan so Im enjoying it this year!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 2:53 pm
Still young member

And glad to see you got out here - here was I waiting for your call and nada!

Hows it going? I see you are in Estepona, 10 mins away from me.

Beautiful weather lately isnt it!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 3:20 pm
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

thank every one for that we fly out on new years eve does that mean that a lot of places are going to be shut supermarkets .etc
Old Dec 5th 2007, 3:24 pm
Still young member

New years eve you should be ok depending on time. Opencor is open every day from 9am unitl 2am and petrol stations are too!

Otherwise there will be takeaways and restaurants but they will be pricey for new years eve!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 6:03 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by helenba
thank every one for that we fly out on new years eve does that mean that a lot of places are going to be shut supermarkets .etc

In Chiclana very little is open on New Years day just a handful of places to eat. we went out last year for a walk along the beach and only one place was open all recovering from the night before
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by crispy
In Chiclana very little is open on New Years day just a handful of places to eat. we went out last year for a walk along the beach and only one place was open all recovering from the night before

Crispy, we're arriving in Chiclana on New Years day so should we plan to eat in that evening?
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:23 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dazzle
Crispy, we're arriving in Chiclana on New Years day so should we plan to eat in that evening?

Hi, dazzle might be a good idea the only place we could find along Barrosa was Bernardo's next to the red cross, that was during the day not sure if others opened up in the evening. Do you post on Mycadiz.biz (hope I am not breaking any rules here by this posting, if I am I apologise) if you do then maybe you could ask on there for more advice about what is open. Where do you usually go, if I know where you are thinking of then maybe I could find out for you.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 9:09 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helenba
my parents have told me that the spanish celebrate christmas on the 10th of january is this correct as we are over for the new year thanks helen.
Holidays are 25th fro Christmas day, but the celebrations start on the 24th, and they ahve a special meal at around midnight. Main present giving is 3 kings on the 6th January, also a bank holiday. New years celebration has Jan 1st off, and the tradition is to eat 12 grapes, one at every stroke of the clock at midnight, supposedly brings good luck, like first footing in the UK.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
and the tradition is to eat 12 grapes, one at every stroke of the clock at midnight, supposedly brings good luck, like first footing in the UK.
But it' a good idea to make sure someone in the party is practised in the Heimlich manouevre.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 10:07 am
Just Joined

DanceMagic is an unknown quantity at this point

my son and daughter are very excited christmas then my daughters birthay on 5th Jan and they have already picked their shoes to polish for 3 kings day. How expensive is this gonna be!!!!!!! But the traditions and party atmosphere is wonderful