Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Choosing an electronic tablet device

Choosing an electronic tablet device

Old Dec 1st 2012, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Choosing an electronic tablet device

Originally Posted by olivefarmer
Barnes and Noble NOOK with glowlight.

You can read in bed without disturbing your partner.
You can do that on a tablet also!
Old Dec 1st 2012, 10:44 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
You can do that on a tablet also!
And watch television!
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 8:37 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
And watch television!
How?

Graham bought an android but barely got around to sorting it out so it is not set up for much and I have no idea what to do but think that it would be useful whenever I go elsewhere.

Rosemary
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 8:50 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
How?

Graham bought an android but barely got around to sorting it out so it is not set up for much and I have no idea what to do but think that it would be useful whenever I go elsewhere.

Rosemary
I use the BBC iPlayer app and the ITV Player app on my iPad
Pad. It works really well. You get all the channels live as well as "catchup" TV

With an Apple TV box connected to the TV it will also stream the picture directly to the TV wirelessly. If you use the download option you get much higher quality pictures.

You can easily get round the fact that you usually get blocked if you use it outside the UK by using a VPN or Smart DNS.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know if you are limited with availability of Ebooks if you buy a Nook in Britain and use it mainly in Spain?

Similarly if you buy from Spain (e.g. Mediamarkt) are you limited in what you can get from the Spanish store- or can you access any of their stores?

I guess if there are limitations then you could maybe download after using "expat shield" or similar and then transfer to the tablet from your PC?
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

There is a useful review on 'Pocket-lint'.

John
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 9:32 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saxy

John
Any feedback on Microsofts new tablet/software... it does seem like a good idea to have the same front end on phone, tablet and PC. And also I like outlook integration as I use it, so wonder if that would be easier with MS products. I heard there is also Office on the tablet - so handy as well....

Jon
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

And watch television!
Yes forgot the TV I use TVcatchup quite a bit, mine doesn't like I player for some reason?
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 10:41 am

Arrow Re: Choosing an electronic tablet device

Yes forgot the TV I use TVcatchup quite a bit, mine doesn't like I player for some reason?
I tried that but cannot get it to work with my Astrill VPN.

TV Catchup is notorious for blocking VPNs. Are you using one?
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 10:44 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

OK next dimbat question from me. I have a cover which includes a keyboard that I can connect to the android but I do not know how to activate it and do not want to mess anything up so can anyone tell me how to be able to use it.

Rosemary
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Fred, TV Catchup works fine in OpenWeb. Well it does for me anyway!

John
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rosemary
OK next dimbat question from me. I have a cover which includes a keyboard that I can connect to the android but I do not know how to activate it and do not want to mess anything up so can anyone tell me how to be able to use it.

Rosemary
Rosemary having bought my tablet and shortly afterwards a cover/keyboard as you describe. I found out that the tablet I have Arnova will not power a keyboard, the USB socket on mine is only for transferring files etc. I would have thought you should just connect via USB anf if compatible should work? There are a couple of things I would now look out for should I replace the one I have but would only change it when required.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not tried catch up in Spain Fred only UK sorry
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 4:15 pm

Rosemary having bought my tablet and shortly afterwards a cover/keyboard as you describe. I found out that the tablet I have Arnova will not power a keyboard, the USB socket on mine is only for transferring files etc. I would have thought you should just connect via USB anf if compatible should work? There are a couple of things I would now look out for should I replace the one I have but would only change it when required.
Thank you. Maybe that is why it does not seem to work. I have plugged it in and it is as though it does not exist so I wondered whether I had to go into another area and set it up. Not sure whether Graham had it working or not.

Rosemary
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saxy

John
Thank you for that - useful site

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.