Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

chinese restaurants in spain

chinese restaurants in spain

Old May 16th 2006, 8:48 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of
Default chinese restaurants in spain

Is it me or.. the chinese restaurants in Spain are real odd, I have been to quite a few and they certainly dont taste like Uk chinese restaurants. The dishes taste as if there is no salt in them,quite tasteless, all the veg is diced.
go on now tell me I'm wrong..
Old May 16th 2006, 9:06 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: chinese restaurants in spain

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
Is it me or.. the chinese restaurants in Spain are real odd, I have been to quite a few and they certainly dont taste like Uk chinese restaurants. The dishes taste as if there is no salt in them,quite tasteless, all the veg is diced.
Upgrade..... go for an Indian
Old May 16th 2006, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

I wish! There are no Indian restaurants in my town, unfortunately, but a proliferation of Chinese - at least six, for some reason. I've only been to a couple of them, one of which nearly caused me to choke with the over salting of the food, ironically - and I like a fair bit of salt in my food!

There is, however, an extremely good Japanese restaurant, the sashimi is some of the best I've ever had.
Old May 16th 2006, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

I think Chinese food in UK is also tasteless and greasy. After having proper Chinese in Hong Kong it leaves much to be desired. I now prefer Thai or Indian.
Old May 17th 2006, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mercedes
I think Chinese food in UK is also tasteless and greasy. After having proper Chinese in Hong Kong it leaves much to be desired. I now prefer Thai or Indian.
I've never been to Hong Kong or China, so certainly cannot comment with your authority on the subject, but yes, most Chinese restaurants (and Indian - I know a bit more about them) are woefully poor in the UK. But you do get the occasional good one. One of the Chinese restaurants that I've been to locally in Spain was OK - not marvellous, but OK. The other was awful.

Does anyone know why Chinese restaurants are so much more prolific than Indian ones in Spain? And if anyone knows any good Indian restaurants within a reasonable distance of Altea, please share the secret! I've just remembered that there's one Indian that's opened in Altea, whilst I was last there, called Himalaya. I had a take away - the interior is not exactly welcoming. It was alright.
Old May 17th 2006, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by un-mundo

Does anyone know why Chinese restaurants are so much more prolific than Indian ones in Spain? And if anyone knows any good Indian restaurants within a reasonable distance of Altea, please share the secret! I've just remembered that there's one Indian that's opened in Altea, whilst I was last there, called Himalaya. I had a take away - the interior is not exactly welcoming. It was alright.
I think there may be more chinese here than Indians, I haven't seen too many of the latter.

This link may help you.

http://www.costablancalive.info/rest..._directory.htm
Old May 17th 2006, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Nope, the link didn't explain it at all.
Old May 17th 2006, 9:21 am
Sun, Sea & Sangria.

BritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud of

Cook you own, it's easy.

For a simple sauce -

3 tablespoons of Soy Sauce
3 tablespoons of water
1 teaspoon of sasame seed oil
2 tablespoons of corn flour
tablespoon chooped ginger & garlic

Use this with fresh garlic, fresh ginger, chicken, brocolli, carrot, fresh peppers, spring onion, fresh corriander for a great chinese stir fry.

To alter the sauce add either:

Juice of 1 orange or
Red Chilli Paste or Harissa to spice it up

Cook your meat in some sasame seed oil and leave aside
Cook your veg, then re add the meat and pure in the sauce and cook until it thickens.
Old May 17th 2006, 9:44 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Its not other countries Chinese tasting odd after UK, its the UK tasting odd in the first place.

I've been to China and Hong Kong and it doesn't compare (obviously). I can honestly say I didn't know what I was eating a lot of the time. I know I had snake and I know I had jellyfish (at least thats how it translated). A lot of the food I had was ordered by the chonese people I was with so it was a culinary voyage of discovery, but oh so tasty.

What we have in this country is american style chinese I think.

The one thing I overwhelmingly remember about eating in both HK & China is the noise. Everybody shouts at the top of their voices and as a lot of the places are so big its ear splitting.
Old May 17th 2006, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

sunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy Re: chinese restaurants in spain

I used to love to go to the chinese restaurants in the 'china towns' in the uk. I didnt like the food at all in China when I went there, although this was some time ago. In Hong Kong the food was much easier to eat

The Chinese restaurants in Spain are pretty miserable but very cheap. I too prefer Indian.

I wonder if Brit Bull could supply a simple recipe for an Indian dish. I personally like hotter ones.

jdr- I think you are pretty near to me from memory. Any Indian restaurant recommendations? I actually like the Rajdoot in Fuengirola, been there a few times recently. The Muntaz in Los Boliches is one that everyone seems to rave about which I have never really been impressed with at all, all the dishes taste similar.

Starving now
Old May 17th 2006, 10:42 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunnysenorita
I used to love to go to the chinese restaurants in the 'china towns' in the uk. I didnt like the food at all in China when I went there, although this was some time ago. In Hong Kong the food was much easier to eat

The Chinese restaurants in Spain are pretty miserable but very cheap. I too prefer Indian.

I wonder if Brit Bull could supply a simple recipe for an Indian dish. I personally like hotter ones.

jdr- I think you are pretty near to me from memory. Any Indian restaurant recommendations? I actually like the Rajdoot in Fuengirola, been there a few times recently. The Muntaz in Los Boliches is one that everyone seems to rave about which I have never really been impressed with at all, all the dishes taste similar.

Starving now
Ahhhhhhh my favourite indian restaurant the Rajdoot, but unfortunately its in Birmingham
Old May 17th 2006, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by un-mundo
Nope, the link didn't explain it at all.

Sorry it was meant to have some indian restuarants on it.
Old May 17th 2006, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

You've got a couple in Elvia that are quite good one near Cor, and the other is further down on the right as you go down to Marbella in a row of shops slightly back. There was one in Calahonda which wasn't too bad, in the El Zoro complex, but its been a few years since I went there. Chinese, there used to be a reasonable one near the Post Office in Fuerigirola, but again its been years since I went to it.

Starving now
Old May 17th 2006, 12:02 pm
Sun, Sea & Sangria.

BritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud of

Starving now

I have a whole host of very simple Indian dishes in the style of street food and also more complex dishes requiring pre planning and thought.
However I have supplied one for free, any more will cost you
Old May 17th 2006, 12:38 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Starving now
We use the Nahar Mahal opposite the Hotel Riviera on Avda Antonio Machada which is the coast rd from Benalmadena to Fuengirola. Problem is parking during the summer though.
There is another good one just opened up the road from us at Altos de Higueron near the new Carrefour Supermarket. They do everything to your taste heatwise and also Goan dishes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.