Chimney Sweep

Old Nov 19th 2010, 9:06 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chimney Sweep

Anyone know of a reliable chimney6 sweep in the Gandia / Oliva area. We want to get our fire running, but after calls to several sweeps we still haven't managed to get one here
Old Nov 19th 2010, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Chimney Sweep

you can hire the rods at the hire shop benitachel & do it yourself or there's an ad for don chimenea in the papers every week (my in laws paid 60e for the service).

I'd have a go & do it myself - at least you know it's done properly.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 10:25 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poolboy
you can hire the rods at the hire shop benitachel & do it yourself or there's an ad for don chimenea in the papers every week (my in laws paid 60e for the service).

Yes, but a lot of the insurance companies want to see an invoice so they know its been done by "a competent person"
Old Nov 19th 2010, 10:27 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Wanna bet? I did it as a business for 30 years, and some of the most incredible screwups have been caused by people trying to do it themselves.

Plus there's always a chance of redecorating the lounge in grey, which will go down a treat with the wife.

60Euros? I'm impressed. I didn't think you'd get that much here. In the UK, sure, but here?

Oh yeah, remember that there are lotsa different types of flues, and if you hire the wrong gear, you could do some serious damage.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 10:42 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by bil
Wanna bet? I did it as a business for 30 years, and some of the most incredible screwups have been caused by people trying to do it themselves.

Plus there's always a chance of redecorating the lounge in grey, which will go down a treat with the wife.

60Euros? I'm impressed. I didn't think you'd get that much here. In the UK, sure, but here?

Oh yeah, remember that there are lotsa different types of flues, and if you hire the wrong gear, you could do some serious damage.
We've been quoted €60 & €80, but we cant get anyone to actually come out!
Old Nov 19th 2010, 11:09 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Maybe it's the busy season.

Make sure you see the brush go all the way to the top. We have a flat roof and a stove, so I like to sweep down with the stove closed off. I then let the soot stay in while I light the fire. That way all the energy in the soot is used.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Somebody in Monte Pego recommended this guy ...

Regular maintenance of your chimney and your fire place is important. We can recommend Moshe Setuvi, a Swiss chap who speaks German and English. He does a very good job sweeping the chimney, cleaning your fire place and other maintenance to chimney in general. He did an excellent job for us extending the chimney.
email [email protected]
mobile +34 622 215 727
Old Nov 20th 2010, 8:58 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by noelrosie
Somebody in Monte Pego recommended this guy ...

Regular maintenance of your chimney and your fire place is important. We can recommend Moshe Setuvi, a Swiss chap who speaks German and English. He does a very good job sweeping the chimney, cleaning your fire place and other maintenance to chimney in general. He did an excellent job for us extending the chimney.
email [email protected]
mobile +34 622 215 727
Many thanks, I'll give him a call and see if he can get to us
Old Dec 1st 2010, 10:38 am
Senior Moment

Well, the sweep has just been and I was very impressed ... thanks noelrosie for the contact.

Took the casette apart, and also re painted the outside and inside with heat resistant paint, very nice job ... looks as good as new

He has a web page for anyone who wants to use him

www.kaminfegerdenia.de.tl
Old Dec 1st 2010, 11:02 am
bil
Banned

That's a good deal for the paint too. How much ws it?
Old Dec 1st 2010, 11:05 am
Senior Moment

He was here two hours and it cost €68 plus €5 for the paint job :-)
Old Dec 1st 2010, 11:45 am
bil
Banned

He was here two hours and it cost €68 plus €5 for the paint job :-)
That's a lot cheaper than the UK, even ignoring that the price included painting.

You'd have to work some to make a living at just doing that. Reinforces my reasoning that I didn't want to start a sweeping business here.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

thanks for posting the link & recommendation - I need to get mine swept & for 70 it beats trying to do it myself.

much appreciated
Old Dec 1st 2010, 6:14 pm
bil
Banned

thanks for posting the link & recommendation - I need to get mine swept & for 70 it beats trying to do it myself.

much appreciated
Never was a truer word spoken. Get it wrong, hire a hoover with the wrong filters, and your missus with cut your danglies off with a blunt knife and barbecue them.

Been in thetrade 30 years, and I could never understand why anyone would want to do it for themselves, especially when taking into account the cost of hiring a hoover and the rods and brush.

I had one guy ring me up to see what the cost would be. When I told him, he shouted that it was far too much and that he would do it himself.

That evening he rang back and said he'd lost the brush in the flue and couldn't get it out. What should he do. I said "Pay me double the rate to come and get it out for you."

I don't think he liked that because he shouted a lot more and put the phone down.

I used to live for moments like that.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 6:21 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Never was a truer word spoken. Get it wrong, hire a hoover with the wrong filters, and your missus with cut your danglies off with a blunt knife and barbecue them.

Been in thetrade 30 years, and I could never understand why anyone would want to do it for themselves, especially when taking into account the cost of hiring a hoover and the rods and brush.

I had one guy ring me up to see what the cost would be. When I told him, he shouted that it was far too much and that he would do it himself.

That evening he rang back and said he'd lost the brush in the flue and couldn't get it out. What should he do. I said "Pay me double the rate to come and get it out for you."

I don't think he liked that because he shouted a lot more and put the phone down.

I used to live for moments like that.
Heh. I think Red Adair had it right when he said "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.