Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Chillout years for DAD

Chillout years for DAD

Old May 23rd 2008, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Lisa Canham is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Chillout years for DAD

Can anyone please help I am looking for advice on my Dad moving to Spain. He would be looking for very long term rent, must be in amonst plenty of British.Would need someone around who can speake Spanish. Thanks.
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:49 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chillout years for DAD

Originally Posted by Lisa Canham
Can anyone please help I am looking for advice on my Dad moving to Spain. He would be looking for very long term rent, must be in amonst plenty of British.Would need someone around who can speake Spanish. Thanks.
What exactly do you want to know?
Have a look in the "Free Beer" thread above, theres lots of info in there

Is he retired?
Old May 24th 2008, 8:04 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

What sort of things would he want around him? Does he have interests that he would want to continue with? What sort of area e.g. beaches, night life, countryside, mountains, amenities?

Spain is a huge country so you will need to ask quite specific questions to gain the right information.

Rosemary
Old May 24th 2008, 8:22 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Chillout years for DAD

Hi Rosemary,
Dad has been living in France with us for the last 4 years. But at his time of life Nearly 69 he just wants to be somewhere with alot more sun than we have here. He doesn't have any real hobbies but if you are ever in a quiz have him on your side, he never stops reading. As we live in France and my younger brother Barcelona it would be really important for him to have somewhere comfortable to live, he must have plenty of British people around him and amenities as he would not be driving. We are hoping to sort things out sooner rather than later. Thanks:
Old May 24th 2008, 8:29 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rosemary,
Dad has been living in France with us for the last 4 years. But at his time of life Nearly 69 he just wants to be somewhere with alot more sun than we have here. He doesn't have any real hobbies but if you are ever in a quiz have him on your side, he never stops reading. As we live in France and my younger brother Barcelona it would be really important for him to have somewhere comfortable to live, he must have plenty of British people around him and amenities as he would not be driving. We are hoping to sort things out sooner rather than later. Thanks:
Mmmmmm, maybe Benidorm? Theres always a lot going on there, a lot of Britishness around up on the North Beach and the climates pretty good.
Old May 24th 2008, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute

He would probably love Los Boliches near Fuengirola, (CDS):-
This area has loads of expats and expat societies, most of the locals speak English.

There is lots to do and the area is very flat for getting about, it is a lovely area to live. Transport links also mean there is no need for a car (train and buses).

Hasta

LPH
Old May 24th 2008, 5:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lospacoshombre
This area has loads of expats and expat societies, most of the locals speak English.

There is lots to do and the area is very flat for getting about, it is a lovely area to live. Transport links also mean there is no need for a car (train and buses).

Hasta

LPH
Yeah that is a good place, fairly flat also, nice beaches and as you say lots of things to do.
Old May 25th 2008, 8:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lospacoshombre

Hasta

LPH
Thanks so much that is a real help.
Old May 25th 2008, 9:15 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much that is a real help.
Area sounds favourable for transport, events etc. What if he is taken ill and needs a hospital or other sort of help is there good facilities in the area?

Rosemary
Old May 25th 2008, 11:48 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Area sounds favourable for transport, events etc. What if he is taken ill and needs a hospital or other sort of help is there good facilities in the area?

Rosemary
Lots of clinics within a few mins, and two of the best hospitals just along the coast in either direction and a brand new one in Benalmadena Pueblo although it is private as far as I know.
Old May 25th 2008, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
Lots of clinics within a few mins, and two of the best hospitals just along the coast in either direction and a brand new one in Benalmadena Pueblo although it is private as far as I know.
Thanks JDR, I thought that it was something relevant for the OP to know.

Rosemary
Old May 25th 2008, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Chillout years for DAD

Hi Rosemary or Bonjour from this part of the world. You are way ahead of me but that is one of my many questions to ask as Dad has full medical cover here in France and would be looking for the same sort of thing in Spain. I am going to get Dad over to my place tomorrow evening to let me know what sort of things he needs to know. Most important for me is knowing there would be help for him until I can get there. Thanks again Lisa
Old May 25th 2008, 5:16 pm
Senior Moment

Hi Rosemary or Bonjour from this part of the world. You are way ahead of me but that is one of my many questions to ask as Dad has full medical cover here in France and would be looking for the same sort of thing in Spain. I am going to get Dad over to my place tomorrow evening to let me know what sort of things he needs to know. Most important for me is knowing there would be help for him until I can get there. Thanks again Lisa
He's of retirement age iirc so should get full cover here in Spain, and reports I've seen on here tend to suggest the Spanish system is excellent
Old May 25th 2008, 5:20 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
He's of retirement age iirc so should get full cover here in Spain, and reports I've seen on here tend to suggest the Spanish system is excellent
Sorry to butt in but what sort of costs are private health insurance over there?????? Thank you xx
Old May 25th 2008, 5:26 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Sorry to butt in but what sort of costs are private health insurance over there?????? Thank you xx
Just €110 per month for a couple in their mid fiftoes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.