Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Child Car Seats

Child Car Seats

Old Jan 25th 2008, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Child Car Seats

Have family coming over for a week at the end of February with a two year old. I think (according to my reading) that she needs to be in a child's car seat. Anyone know where I can get hold of one without actually having to purchase - i.e. don't mind hiring? Thanks

Sue
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child Car Seats

Hi Sue, could try car hire company´s, they sometimes hire car seats separately or have a look and see if there is not a baby hire place near you. You can buy these seats very cheaply, convert to booster seats, around €40 then you would always have one if you have more visitors. Eroski do them, do not know if you have one near you.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 1:15 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Helli Hollis at malaga airport dont.. grr. Had the same problem. i ended up buying one in the end. 40 euros is about right. Dont need anything too special. Law or not, I woudlnt want to transfer a child without a car seat especially on spanish roads!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Some people I know always bring a child seat with them. I don't think they pay any extra baggage for it.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 2:24 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
Some people I know always bring a child seat with them. I don't think they pay any extra baggage for it.
I always bring mine with me - it goes in the hold luggage for free. They are really reasonable priced at places like Argos in the UK. The family could buy one on your behalf, bring it over, use it whilst they are with you and then leave it in Spain for future use. I know Avis charge something ridiculous like 7 euros a day to hire one.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 3:37 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
Have family coming over for a week at the end of February with a two year old. I think (according to my reading) that she needs to be in a child's car seat. Anyone know where I can get hold of one without actually having to purchase - i.e. don't mind hiring? Thanks

Sue
http://www.kideasenurseryhire.com/

based in Torrevieja, sure they will deliver and pick up from where you are, they are reasonable and do have the sort of seat you are wanting.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for your help - will have a look around
Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikelincs
http://www.kideasenurseryhire.com/

based in Torrevieja, sure they will deliver and pick up from where you are, they are reasonable and do have the sort of seat you are wanting.
Mike, just had a look at the site - looks brilliant - just what I needed - how did you find it?

Mods would suggest that the link be put in the free beer thread

Sue

P.S. Very reasonable to hire as well
Old Jan 26th 2008, 6:50 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
Mike, just had a look at the site - looks brilliant - just what I needed - how did you find it?

Mods would suggest that the link be put in the free beer thread

Sue

P.S. Very reasonable to hire as well
We use them for things when granddaughter comes over, have hired many things from cots to toys, and they are all good quality and very clean, as you say costs are very reasonable. We found them from locals newspapers
Old Jan 27th 2008, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

chanidoll is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know if this will help anyone, but I am moving to spain with my 2yr old and we are having to bring our carseat from the uk. The airline we have booked with (thomson) will carry it in the hold for a charge by weight. We are also bringing a travel cot and the total estimated cost is £36 for both. We previously looked into travelling with bmi. We were told that there was a £6 per item charge but must be within total weight regulations which is 20kg per person. There would be no allowance for children under 2 (he will be 23 months at time of travelling) The combined weight of travel cot and car seat is approx 14kg which would leave one of us with 6kg of luggage! I think it depends on the airline so please do not assume the airline will carry it free of charge. I would reccomend to ring the airline before booking so that there are no nasty suprises!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chanidoll
I dont know if this will help anyone, but I am moving to spain with my 2yr old and we are having to bring our carseat from the uk. The airline we have booked with (thomson) will carry it in the hold for a charge by weight. We are also bringing a travel cot and the total estimated cost is £36 for both. We previously looked into travelling with bmi. We were told that there was a £6 per item charge but must be within total weight regulations which is 20kg per person. There would be no allowance for children under 2 (he will be 23 months at time of travelling) The combined weight of travel cot and car seat is approx 14kg which would leave one of us with 6kg of luggage! I think it depends on the airline so please do not assume the airline will carry it free of charge. I would reccomend to ring the airline before booking so that there are no nasty suprises!

Thank you for that - I think it makes more sense to hire out here for when they come over.