Reload this Page >

Chilclana Property

Chilclana Property

Old May 9th 2008, 11:05 am
Just Joined

gaelicgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chilclana Property

Hi All

We are coming over to Chiclana very soon to have a serious look at buying a property there. We have been there few times before. But looking at a lot of what has been posted about properties and problems there we are beginning to think that maybe we are mad can anyone point us in direction of a good and reliable source to help us in finding somewhere -- any advice would be very much appreciated.....

thank you Gaelicgirl
Old May 9th 2008, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

NOOKY has a brilliant futureNOOKY has a brilliant futureNOOKY has a brilliant futureNOOKY has a brilliant futureNOOKY has a brilliant futureNOOKY has a brilliant future
Default Re: Chilclana Property

Having lived in Chiclana for just over 4 years I would just like to say that although there are people that have had problems there are also many of us that live here quite happily (and legally) with no major problems. The main thing is that you are aware that there can be problems so the usual applies, use a good independent solicitor, and make sure that the estate agent knows you are aware of the problems and don´t be afraid to keep banging on about ' being legal'. Also when you find somewhere you like ask on forums such as this one who knows the area and if they know of any problems. Chiclana is a lovely place to live with I´m sure you´ll find something to suit.
Old May 9th 2008, 1:39 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

I second what nooky has said, just keep your wits about you, we bought our house 5 years ago and although it is on the market for sale we are not moving because we dislike the area but beause it is time for us to move on.

We have the best of all worlds here, near the coast and yet just a a short ride to major towns and cities, in fact we have just got back from spending the morning in Jerez finished off a great lunch time for a siesta now.
Old May 9th 2008, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for such prompt replies. Your villa is looks beautiful crisp but a bit out of our price range. We were looking at Pago del Humo guys - any advice on that area

Gaelicgirl
Old May 9th 2008, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by gaelicgirl
Thanks for such prompt replies. Your villa is looks beautiful crisp but a bit out of our price range. We were looking at Pago del Humo guys - any advice on that area

Gaelicgirl
I'm only just beginning to find my way around pago have a few friends that live and are going to live over there, they have some really nice places. I know there are plenty of legals over that way, do you need a few agents names pm'd to you I have some I could send. Have you thought about renting for a while before you make the commitment of buying, you will at least be able to check the area out better and take your time finding what it is you want.
Old May 9th 2008, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

Yes Crisp a few agents names would be great.........I did spend a good bit of time in Chiclana in 2005 and I know the area quite well. Its just that a lot has changed since then and any advice from any Chiclana Residents would help us greatly. We don't want to make a bad choice but to be honest we don't know where to start looking or even who to trust ( if you know what I mean i.e. estate agents )
Old May 9th 2008, 4:26 pm

Yes Crisp a few agents names would be great.........I did spend a good bit of time in Chiclana in 2005 and I know the area quite well. Its just that a lot has changed since then and any advice from any Chiclana Residents would help us greatly. We don't want to make a bad choice but to be honest we don't know where to start looking or even who to trust ( if you know what I mean i.e. estate agents )
I will send a couple to you, I know what you mean we were very lucky with the agent we had back in 2003, more luck than judgement I have to say. He no longer deals with the Chiclana area he is more into holiday lets in Roche but he does have sales on his books as well. When you were here in 2005 was it just for hols or did you live here for a while.
Old May 9th 2008, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of

Do not buy - RENT

It is simply the worst time to buy because

1. You get too little for your £
2. House prices all over Spain are falling and have not reached the bottom yet

If you buy I fear the worst for you - if you rent you cannot lose. You keep whatever capital you have in the UK and just draw down your rent. Do not transfer your £'s into Euro's and ship it all across to Spain.

There have been countless posts on this site over many months now urging prospective purchasers to rent first so unless you have no concerns about money (which does not appear the case from what you have said) take heed and rent.
Old May 9th 2008, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

NicCol is on a distinguished road

We have a house in Pago. We are just going through all the legalisation, electricity etc. I think it is a lovely place, but as already said, make sure you keep asking about whether it is legal all the time. there are parts of pago that seem to keep changing between white and yellow land, so be careful of that too.

Feel free to pm me.
Old May 10th 2008, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Tavirasue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Justlookin
Do not buy - RENT

It is simply the worst time to buy because

1. You get too little for your £
2. House prices all over Spain are falling and have not reached the bottom yet

If you buy I fear the worst for you - if you rent you cannot lose. You keep whatever capital you have in the UK and just draw down your rent. Do not transfer your £'s into Euro's and ship it all across to Spain.

There have been countless posts on this site over many months now urging prospective purchasers to rent first so unless you have no concerns about money (which does not appear the case from what you have said) take heed and rent.
Great advice Justlookin! I'm about to look for somwhere to rent in/around Ayamonte, was going to buy, but sterling so weak against the euro. Also a good idea to rent first to really get to know an area. Living is very different to holidaying I believe!

If anyone knows of good agents in Ayamonte..?

Tavirasue
Old May 11th 2008, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Chilclana Property

Originally Posted by Tavirasue
Great advice Justlookin! I'm about to look for somwhere to rent in/around Ayamonte, was going to buy, but sterling so weak against the euro. Also a good idea to rent first to really get to know an area. Living is very different to holidaying I believe!

If anyone knows of good agents in Ayamonte..?

Tavirasue
Why Tavirasue and seeking to live in Ayamonte. Just curious we love both places very different and in different countries but just 25 mins apart down the motorway. We bought in CE Ayamonte because we thought at the time 2003/4 it gave us more bang for our bucks but not so sure now.
Old May 11th 2008, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Tavirasue is an unknown quantity at this point

For that very reason, the best of both countries! Don't know Ayamonte at all, saw a wonderful new apartment in Tavira but was too expensive with sterling so weak. So have made the decision to rent in or around Ayamonte so we can get to know both areas before we buy. When we were in Tavira we picked up most people there shop in Ayamonte as prices are apparently 20% cheaper than Portugal? Also, I need to live in an area where the humidity is low- and for that reason, don't know at this time which area is best. I do love the shops though, and think Ayamonte has more shopping potential?!