Chiclana-Zones

Old Jun 5th 2006, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

NicCol is on a distinguished road
Default Chiclana-Zones

Hi, Could anyone help please? I am confused (OK so it doesn't take a lot!)

I am buying a house in Pago del Humo, and there has been quite a lot of debate as to whether I am in a white or yellow zone. Some one on the forum kindly sent me a map of the pago area, and on that the house is clearly in white. I found an updated version of this on chiclana.es on the Urbanismo page. On the pdf on point 3, there are various maps of the area detailling the zones. I e-mailled this to my solicitor, who said I was actully getting my information from the wrong page. He told me to look at point 5 (are you still with me?)

On point 5, when this is downloaded the whole of chiclana is split into areas, if you find where you are (I am 100) you then go back and put your number in the "numero cuadricula" box. When you press Descargar you get a detailed map of the area , and hey presto, there we are in yellow!

I know this question goes on a bit, but does anyone know why is shows differently?

Thank-you very much
Old Jun 5th 2006, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all
Default Re: Chiclana-Zones

NicCol how did you know you were number 100?
Old Jun 5th 2006, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dazzle
NicCol how did you know you were number 100?
I have compared a larger map on google earth, to get my bearings, we have been using a distinctive kink in the road to make sure we are in the right place.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

CDL Ben will become famous soon enoughCDL Ben will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NicCol
I have compared a larger map on google earth, to get my bearings, we have been using a distinctive kink in the road to make sure we are in the right place.
To be 100% sure and before you depart with any hard earned reddies, I would suggest a visit to the Urbanismo office in town. It is in a building a little way along from the market on the other side of the road on the second floor. You take a number and wait to be seen by a technician who has the most up to date records available. If you have a rough idea of where the house is you can work through the roads on a map until you find it. I usually use a local Venta as a reference point as the new roads don't always follow the exisitng ones and you can get lost. Be sure you are buying in yellow otherwise the purchase price needs to reflect the fact it is not.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cdlcaretaking
To be 100% sure and before you depart with any hard earned reddies, I would suggest a visit to the Urbanismo office in town. It is in a building a little way along from the market on the other side of the road on the second floor. You take a number and wait to be seen by a technician who has the most up to date records available. If you have a rough idea of where the house is you can work through the roads on a map until you find it. I usually use a local Venta as a reference point as the new roads don't always follow the exisitng ones and you can get lost. Be sure you are buying in yellow otherwise the purchase price needs to reflect the fact it is not.
Thanks for your advice. I have sent you a pm.