Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Chiclana Whispers

Chiclana Whispers

Old Nov 27th 2005, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Question Chiclana Whispers

I sincerely hope that this is a rumour only and there is no truth at all in it.....

Have just heard that one or more illegal houses in Chiclana have been bulldozed. Have no idea in which district. :scared:

Can anybody shed any light on this very serious matter. The person who told me has contacts and had no reason to lie and it is not April Fools day!

If correct perhaps the Junta is showing its teeth now??
Old Nov 28th 2005, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chiclana Whispers

I heard something similar several weeks ago. It was supposed to be down the drovers road in Pago, but, I walked down there yesterday and there were five new houses in the process of being built or practically finished. They would definitely be illegal and not one of them had a meter or even room for a meter outside!
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:49 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by glynis
I heard something similar several weeks ago. It was supposed to be down the drovers road in Pago, but, I walked down there yesterday and there were five new houses in the process of being built or practically finished. They would definitely be illegal and not one of them had a meter or even room for a meter outside!
Good on you for checking Glynis. I think whispers and scaremongering needlessly frightens people who havn't got the time and ability to get over at short notice to check. I was there last week and didn't hear anything about houses being demolished.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Post Re: Chiclana Whispers

Originally Posted by poollounger
Good on you for checking Glynis. I think whispers and scaremongering needlessly frightens people who havn't got the time and ability to get over at short notice to check. I was there last week and didn't hear anything about houses being demolished.

I am sorry to burst the bubble but I also heard tonight that demolition which has been rumoured was not in the Pago del Humo area but in the La Barrossa zone??

Has anyone heard of the new Law coming on 12 December 2005 which I believe has draconian powers over corrupt councils and illegal houses...

Time will tell!!

Old Dec 3rd 2005, 5:35 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
I am sorry to burst the bubble but I also heard tonight that demolition which has been rumoured was not in the Pago del Humo area but in the La Barrossa zone??

Has anyone heard of the new Law coming on 12 December 2005 which I believe has draconian powers over corrupt councils and illegal houses...

Time will tell!!

This is a serious debate. I have, in the past, been sceptical of people who have bought houses here and thrown caution to the wind. They wouldn't have done this in the UK - no obvious planning permission or legal electricity supply - even though they had been advised to buy by, to quote, 'people in the know'. However, I am really concerned about them losing their homes, their life savings and their sanity. Let's all hope these rumours are completely untrue.

Good luck to you all, whoever you are. I do not take delight in your plight.

JJ
Old Dec 4th 2005, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jjh
This is a serious debate. I have, in the past, been sceptical of people who have bought houses here and thrown caution to the wind. They wouldn't have done this in the UK - no obvious planning permission or legal electricity supply - even though they had been advised to buy by, to quote, 'people in the know'. However, I am really concerned about them losing their homes, their life savings and their sanity. Let's all hope these rumours are completely untrue.

Good luck to you all, whoever you are. I do not take delight in your plight.

JJ
The assumption here is that the British were aware that there was no planning permission or legal electricity.

Rather than doing things differently than they would in the UK, I believe these problems have often arisen because people have behaved exactly as they would in the UK.

How many people in the UK honestly can say they checked planning consent and the electricity supply themselves? Don't we expect anything like that to be picked up during the legal process?

Don't forget Banks were/are prepared to lend huge amounts of money on these illegal houses - something that in the UK would be seen as yet another sign that all was OK!
Old Dec 4th 2005, 12:27 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazzle
The assumption here is that the British were aware that there was no planning permission or legal electricity.

Rather than doing things differently than they would in the UK, I believe these problems have often arisen because people have behaved exactly as they would in the UK.

How many people in the UK honestly can say they checked planning consent and the electricity supply themselves? Don't we expect anything like that to be picked up during the legal process?

Don't forget Banks were/are prepared to lend huge amounts of money on these illegal houses - something that in the UK would be seen as yet another sign that all was OK!
Your assumption was quite wrong, however you are entitled to your opinion.