Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Chiclana Recycling

Chiclana Recycling

Old Aug 22nd 2006, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chiclana Recycling

Just for any of you who don´t know there is an excellent recycling area in Pago del Humo on the industrial estate on the right hand side just past the Seat garage. Very clean and tidy and when you go there they give you a little scratch card which then gives you presents! Today I got a rucksack. This all sounds a bit sad................when you get excited over a recycling area. I really must get out more!
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 4:08 pm
RIP

BIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud of
Default Re: Chiclana Recycling

Originally Posted by glynis
Just for any of you who don´t know there is an excellent recycling area in Pago del Humo on the industrial estate on the right hand side just past the Seat garage. Very clean and tidy and when you go there they give you a little scratch card which then gives you presents! Today I got a rucksack. This all sounds a bit sad................when you get excited over a recycling area. I really must get out more!
GETTING EXCITED OVER GOING TO THE DUMP ....YOU REALLY SHOULD GET OUT MORE
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice
Talking Re: Chiclana Recycling

So, What kind of things did you take for recycling to get this scratch card ? ?
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 9:05 am
RIP

BIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jonsol
So, What kind of things did you take for recycling to get this scratch card ? ?
anything, I took garden rubbish and I "won" a smelly candle. but I never got excited over it like glynis................
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 9:18 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

It is good to know that that there is a recycling centre near you. Here in the our part of Galicia we have yet to find one. There are containers beside the road in the local towns and cities but for us out in the villages nothing. Often there is the old washing machine etc left beside the road, near the container for waste! We recently had a lighting strike which blew up the satellite set top boxes. The shop did not want them for recycling so they were put in our container. This is a bit of a shock after having lived in The Netherlands, as they seem to recycle everything.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BIG JIM
anything, I took garden rubbish and I "won" a smelly candle. but I never got excited over it like glynis................
Big Jim, it doesn´t take much these days!!!!!!!!!!!! I just get so sick of people dumping their rubbish anywhere because they can´t be bothered to put it in a bin. At the bottom of our road is a derelict house which is now fast becoming a local depository for people´s household waste. I have already had one rat in the house and it wasn´t the other half!
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 7:42 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

We have a recycling centre over our side of town, just opposite the Police Station. I was given a scratch card and received a window thermometer. It's clearly to encourage people to recycle, which is a good thing.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 9:09 pm
RIP

Originally Posted by jjh
We have a recycling centre over our side of town, just opposite the Police Station. I was given a scratch card and received a window thermometer. It's clearly to encourage people to recycle, which is a good thing.
if they want to encourage more people to recycle they should give away things like Rolex watches or a nice weekend break in some 5 star hotel, I feel they would get a better response
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 9:16 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BIG JIM
if they want to encourage more people to recycle they should give away things like Rolex watches or a nice weekend break in some 5 star hotel, I feel they would get a better response
Looky Looky men give em away for 10€ worth of paper near me.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jdr
Looky Looky men give em away for 10€ worth of paper near me.
What on earth is a Looky Looky man?
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:24 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

What on earth is a Looky Looky man?

Looky looky , you buy, very cheap they walk round selling everything watches, dvd`s, sunglasses, anything they can make a € on.
They are probably all on the coast though.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 2:47 pm
RIP

Originally Posted by jdr
Looky looky , you buy, very cheap they walk round selling everything watches, dvd`s, sunglasses, anything they can make a € on.
They are probably all on the coast though.
looky looky also know as "BLACK JIMMY"
Old Aug 24th 2006, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

paddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud of

did anyone tell glynis there is no industrial estate in pago only looky looky men
Old Aug 25th 2006, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

accommodation-in-spain is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it is great that Glynis is getting excited about recycling - like you say it is about time the Spanish caught up with the UK on this subject.

When I was little my Dad used to get really excited about popping to a dump to see what had been left - what a sad childhood we had. Mind you, you would be amazed at what people throw out - we got some fab sun loungers, a tv, a radio and loads of other stuff from it :-) The only problem we had was that when we dumped stuff he would go off and bring it back!

In Mallorca they have quite a lot of places that you can recycle glass and cans but I have yet to find a paper recycling bin. It is fab to know that now when I pop to La Barrosa I can collect all my stuff and recycle it somewhere - thanks Glynis.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

Originally Posted by accommodation-in-spain
I think it is great that Glynis is getting excited about recycling - like you say it is about time the Spanish caught up with the UK on this subject.
[snip]
No thank you! I do not want restricted refuse disposal in wheelie bins and to have to pay twice for the privilege of disposing of anything extra , nor rubbish collections once a week, if that

I have nothing against optional re-cycling (and have been known to recycle when I have had the time), but I do not want to be forced to do it when it creates extra work on a daily basis.

The Spanish approach is fine and dandy. Recyle if you want (we had recycling here in Murcia years ago - so it's not new to us), or don't if you don't have the time or inclination.

My personal opinion is that recycling should not be pushed directly onto the end-user/consumer, but should be addressed at source of manufacture (more eco and disposal process friendly packing, etc) and by the rubbish collection services as additional processing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.