Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Chiclana Indoor Swimming Baths

Chiclana Indoor Swimming Baths

Old Nov 4th 2006, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Question Chiclana Indoor Swimming Baths

Anyone visited the new Chiclana swimming baths?

We went there with my 85 year old mother in law only to find out we were put in the 4th lane and the only way to get in the water was from the side steps and crawl by ducking into the water under the ropes dividing up the lanes or slide off the edge as the pool is not suitable for diving!! We did ask for some help and the manager came - as only one of us endeavored to slide into the water, and he said we had to have a test in the kiddies/learners pool whereupon we were told we could not swim properly even though my mother in law can swim at least 50 lengths of a standard swimming pool in the UK!!!

We did get our money back but were thoroughly disappointed....

Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

paddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud of
Angry Re: Chiclana Indoor Swimming Baths

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Anyone visited the new Chiclana swimming baths?

We went there with my 85 year old mother in law only to find out we were put in the 4th lane and the only way to get in the water was from the side steps and crawl by ducking into the water under the ropes dividing up the lanes or slide off the edge as the pool is not suitable for diving!! We did ask for some help and the manager came - as only one of us endeavored to slide into the water, and he said we had to have a test in the kiddies/learners pool whereupon we were told we could not swim properly even though my mother in law can swim at least 50 lengths of a standard swimming pool in the UK!!!

We did get our money back but were thoroughly disappointed....

Do you always come on here just to moan
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:36 am
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chiclana Indoor Swimming Baths

Originally Posted by paddy07

Leave her alone Paddy. She's only posted this to try to help others. As far as her 'moaning' is concerned Mitzzypurr has had a lot of problems with various things and is entitled to warn others and/or ask for advice.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

paddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jjh
Leave her alone Paddy. She's only posted this to try to help others. As far as her 'moaning' is concerned Mitzzypurr has had a lot of problems with various things and is entitled to warn others and/or ask for advice.
moan moan moan moan moan
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

It´s getting to be the case on this forum now that you can´t post anything without people trying to take you down.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:09 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jjh
How dare you assume Mp is a woman??? Now this is sexist in the extreme... men moan as much as women...if not more....
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by paddy07
This is a public forum where anybody can air there views and despite what you might think of me I will continue to voice my opinion on this forum.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 1:17 pm
Banned

Clacton Mark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
This is a public forum where anybody can air there views and despite what you might think of me I will continue to voice my opinion on this forum.
YOU GO GIRL/MAN...... DOG/CAT WHATEVER AND WHOEVER YOU ARE
WE NEED PEOPLE LIKE YOU, TO ADD A BIT OF SPICE
Old Nov 5th 2006, 1:22 pm
Banned

Clacton Mark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by glynis
It´s getting to be the case on this forum now that you can´t post anything without people trying to take you down.
Glynis, we are not playing Rugby "people trying to take you down" its just a bit of fun.
now loosen up girl
deep breath and count to 10
Old Nov 5th 2006, 4:40 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poollounger
How dare you assume Mp is a woman??? Now this is sexist in the extreme... men moan as much as women...if not more....
Yes PL, it was presumptious of me but MP sounds so femine and, anyway, I didn't like what Paddy wrote regardless. I agree that men sometimes moan far more than women, take the male 'flue' for example !!

Last edited by jjh; Nov 5th 2006 at 5:14 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clacton Mark
Glynis, we are not playing Rugby "people trying to take you down" its just a bit of fun.
now loosen up girl
deep breath and count to 10

No sorry, don´t agree that that is fun.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:23 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Clacton Mark
YOU GO GIRL/MAN...... DOG/CAT WHATEVER AND WHOEVER YOU ARE
WE NEED PEOPLE LIKE YOU, TO ADD A BIT OF SPICE
I sincerely hope that there is not a dog with the above name, as the identity crisis could be severe.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:42 am
Just Joined

el sid is an unknown quantity at this point

Going back to the original topic.

I have used the swimming baths many times and have found them nothing but helpful. I'm not sure where you're coming from with regards to the lane ropes.
In my experience this is no different from going lane swimming in the UK.
I'm not sure how you can ever get from one lane to the next without either sliding in or going under the rope!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

accommodation-in-spain is an unknown quantity at this point

I must admit I am not a fan of lane swimming - you always get a boy/girl racer right behind you making you feel under pressure or you get stuck behind a slow coach - never have managed to get a happy medium.

Usually to get from one lane to the next you walk round the pool and drop in on the lane but it sounds like they have built it so that there is no room to walk round which must be a bit of a pain.

Do they not have days where the lane swimming is off?
Old Nov 9th 2006, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by accommodation-in-spain
I must admit I am not a fan of lane swimming - you always get a boy/girl racer right behind you making you feel under pressure or you get stuck behind a slow coach - never have managed to get a happy medium.

Usually to get from one lane to the next you walk round the pool and drop in on the lane but it sounds like they have built it so that there is no room to walk round which must be a bit of a pain.

Do they not have days where the lane swimming is off?
I am the slow coach!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.