Chiclana areas

Old Feb 19th 2006, 5:26 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Norfolk
Posts: 32
Harley69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chiclana areas

Having only been briefly to Chiclana once before i have no idea the surrounding areas...

As we're toying with the idea of purchasing a property in the future, i was wondering if anyone could recommend which are the best place to buy....

I've spent hours searching the net checking out property prices etc...
There seem to be loads of properties and the most reasonable priced ones seem to be in Pago de Humo, Pinar de los Francese, Marquesado etc etc...

Can any one confirm if these are predominately illegal areas...I've read about the colour coded area, but haven't got a clue where they are. I can't even retrieve any maps from the net...

I know from what i have read that Pago de Humo seems to have a major problem with illegal buildings, but it is the whole area or just selected areas...

We would prefer to be on the outskirts of Chiclana, but not in the middle of nowhere... I doubt our 8 year old would enjoy that... Any suggestion which would be a good area to buy...?
Harley69 is offline  
Old Feb 19th 2006, 7:39 pm
  #2  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: UK/Costa Luz
Posts: 399
dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all
Default Re: Chiclana areas

Have you thought about booking a holiday and coming out. That way you can have a good look around.
dazzle is offline  
Old Feb 19th 2006, 7:54 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Norfolk
Posts: 32
Harley69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chiclana areas

Originally Posted by dazzle
Have you thought about booking a holiday and coming out. That way you can have a good look around.

Hi dazzle

I'm coming out and the end of march for 4 days... Would love to get out there for longer, but can't... Work wouldn't appreciate it... This is why I'm trying to get as much info as i can before i come out...

Gina
Harley69 is offline  
Old Feb 19th 2006, 8:13 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
CDL Ben's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 82
CDL Ben will become famous soon enoughCDL Ben will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Chiclana areas

Originally Posted by Harley69
Having only been briefly to Chiclana once before i have no idea the surrounding areas...

As we're toying with the idea of purchasing a property in the future, i was wondering if anyone could recommend which are the best place to buy....

I've spent hours searching the net checking out property prices etc...
There seem to be loads of properties and the most reasonable priced ones seem to be in Pago de Humo, Pinar de los Francese, Marquesado etc etc...

Can any one confirm if these are predominately illegal areas...I've read about the colour coded area, but haven't got a clue where they are. I can't even retrieve any maps from the net...

I know from what i have read that Pago de Humo seems to have a major problem with illegal buildings, but it is the whole area or just selected areas...

We would prefer to be on the outskirts of Chiclana, but not in the middle of nowhere... I doubt our 8 year old would enjoy that... Any suggestion which would be a good area to buy...?
It depends on how many pennies you have to spend as with everything. To avoid illegal properties look aorund the la barrossa area, coto la campa, cerromolinos, mogarizas, los gallos, pinar de los guisos, las veguetas to name a few. Thoroughly read the electricity thread for useful information on how not to get stung
CDL Ben is offline  
Old Feb 19th 2006, 8:32 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 209
Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice
Default Re: Chiclana areas

Originally Posted by Harley69
Having only been briefly to Chiclana once before i have no idea the surrounding areas...

As we're toying with the idea of purchasing a property in the future, i was wondering if anyone could recommend which are the best place to buy....

I've spent hours searching the net checking out property prices etc...
There seem to be loads of properties and the most reasonable priced ones seem to be in Pago de Humo, Pinar de los Francese, Marquesado etc etc...

Can any one confirm if these are predominately illegal areas...I've read about the colour coded area, but haven't got a clue where they are. I can't even retrieve any maps from the net...

I know from what i have read that Pago de Humo seems to have a major problem with illegal buildings, but it is the whole area or just selected areas...

We would prefer to be on the outskirts of Chiclana, but not in the middle of nowhere... I doubt our 8 year old would enjoy that... Any suggestion which would be a good area to buy...?
On the outkirts of Chiclana , 5 mins from town , 10 mins from beach, 2 mins from main road route , good ventas , chemist , aladdins cave (officially ironmonger), great bus service , feel of the country , quiet , Pago de Humo if you do the right checks is a fantastic area to be located in , has not been urbanised yet so prices relatively still good value (approx 50 % increase in values in last 30 months) , plenty of legal houses about , best advice stay away from new builds on small plots (500m2)
Mourinho is offline  
Old Feb 19th 2006, 8:36 pm
  #6  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 24
paulio will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Chiclana areas

Originally Posted by cdlcaretaking
It depends on how many pennies you have to spend as with everything. To avoid illegal properties look aorund the la barrossa area, coto la campa, cerromolinos, mogarizas, los gallos, pinar de los guisos, las veguetas to name a few. Thoroughly read the electricity thread for useful information on how not to get stung
Hi
i would recomend pinar de los guisos this area is well on the way up with new roads and street lights due to go in....its quite expencive now but surely will only be more expencive once its all finished.....but as the last post says its all down to how many pennies you want to spend....
good luck with your search...
paulio is offline  
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:05 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Norfolk
Posts: 32
Harley69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chiclana areas

Originally Posted by paulio
Hi
i would recomend pinar de los guisos this area is well on the way up with new roads and street lights due to go in....its quite expencive now but surely will only be more expencive once its all finished.....but as the last post says its all down to how many pennies you want to spend....
good luck with your search...

Thanks for the good info Paulio... like you have bought in a good place... Sounds expensive though and unfortunately i haven't yet won the lottery. Will definitely check it out when i go out there though.

I also liked how Mourinho described Pago De Humo. On the outskirts of town but close to local amenities. That's the type of place i would like to move to. I take it it's in the Yellow zone waiting to be urbanised...
Harley69 is offline  
Old Feb 20th 2006, 1:43 pm
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 166
steve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to all
Default Re: Chiclana areas

Originally Posted by Harley69
Thanks for the good info Paulio... like you have bought in a good place... Sounds expensive though and unfortunately i haven't yet won the lottery. Will definitely check it out when i go out there though.

I also liked how Mourinho described Pago De Humo. On the outskirts of town but close to local amenities. That's the type of place i would like to move to. I take it it's in the Yellow zone waiting to be urbanised...

Some parts are, others are not, check,check & check again to make sure that you are in the correct area to be urbanised, but to the remainder i totally agree, if you can put up with the dirt tracks & potholes then Pago could be the place if you like a semi rural feel,Oh!! & make sure it has a legal meter
steve in pago is offline  
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:05 pm
  #9  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Chiclana
Posts: 3,327
Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chiclana areas

But 10 mins from beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you got a racing car? At least 15-20 mins especially in summer.
Chiclanagir is offline  
Old Feb 20th 2006, 6:40 pm
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 209
Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice
Default Re: Chiclana areas

Originally Posted by glynis
But 10 mins from beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you got a racing car? At least 15-20 mins especially in summer.

Over the fly over left down to the r/about , left past the garden centre carry on straight over r/abouts in Novo10 mins, even in summer no queues on this route , other routes i admit do get clogged up ,
Mourinho is offline  
Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:56 pm
  #11  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Chiclana
Posts: 3,327
Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chiclana areas

Still say it takes longer than 10 mins, but, am going to do a time check!!!!!! I also do tend to go to old Sancti Petri or further to the part of the beach where the hotels are.
Chiclanagir is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.