Chiclana

Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chiclana

A friend of mine was viewing a house opposite La Raya with an estate agent. Whilst there a man from Town Planning came to the house wanting to take photographs. He said that they were going around taking photographs and if possible measuring the properties to see if they were complying with the licences. Apparently the estate agent blanched. Also she was told that an area around Pago to the left of the drover´s road was pink land when asked what that was she was told that it meant it was for industrial use.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

northsammi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chiclana

Originally Posted by glynis
A friend of mine was viewing a house opposite La Raya with an estate agent. Whilst there a man from Town Planning came to the house wanting to take photographs. He said that they were going around taking photographs and if possible measuring the properties to see if they were complying with the licences. Apparently the estate agent blanched. Also she was told that an area around Pago to the left of the drover´s road was pink land when asked what that was she was told that it meant it was for industrial use.
i am in Pinar de los franceses and we were checked in June last year. I understood that every Chiclana home was being measured and pictures taken. A list was being made of the properties they could not get into. I expect they will get round to you sometime.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 6:44 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Seriously Glynis...have you considered setting up your own Chiclana website?? I'm sure it would be popular ! Well if the town planning are documenting all these illegal extensions and non conforming properties, it then remains to be seen if they do anything about it. There is a two storey house in Las Caulinas that needs demolishing... YOu could even organise the sit in when they plan to build Ikea next to the drovers road..
Old Jan 19th 2007, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

tawaghorne is an unknown quantity at this point

Where is la Raya in Chiclana
Old Jan 20th 2007, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Was not aware Glynis that many licenses were issued for houses in Chiclana??
Old Jan 20th 2007, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Was not aware Glynis that many licenses were issued for houses in Chiclana??
True.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

I do feel sad though. As only a couple of years ago you could sit in the garden and hear nothing but bird song. Now it´s just builders working. Also you felt as if you were in the country with horses and chickens in the field and even the odd turkey behind us. All gone. It is not just the actual properties it is also the light pollution they will cause when they finally get habitated.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 4:33 pm

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

I do feel sad though. As only a couple of years ago you could sit in the garden and hear nothing but bird song. Now it´s just builders working. Also you felt as if you were in the country with horses and chickens in the field and even the odd turkey behind us. All gone. It is not just the actual properties it is also the light pollution they will cause when they finally get habitated.
Glynis it's an age old dilemma. We want the peasant to stay the same, riding his donkey, tending his sheep, leaving us wide open spaces. He wants to sell his fields so he can retire to a comfortable modern house and give up his toil. I remember seeing a programme about a couple who had fled London for the Polynesian islands only to have to leave some years later when they built an airport on the island. If only there was some sort of happy medium. I suppose it's the greed...develop your fields but do it in a way that doesn't destroy the surroundings completely. That's what is so often offensive about blatant capitalism. It's motivated only by maximum profits. And short sightedness. Don't they consider that they might get prices for their houses if they didn't encroach on each other?? Or maybe it doesn't make any difference to most buyers.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 6:45 pm
Account Closed

Andy Pipken is an unknown quantity at this point

There is something you could do about this...........MOVE
Old Jan 21st 2007, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Andy Pipken
There is something you could do about this...........MOVE
That seems rude Andy even accompanied by a big smile!! And why should people be forced out of their homes. I know in a developing area it is inevitable that open spaces will get built on...but builders should learn the lessons of the Costa del Sol. Glynis perhaps you should plant a tree or two to encourage the birds to stay. In the summer we have the starlings swooping down to drink from our pool.. they dive bomb and skim along the surface. Even here in London we have a woodland garden despite being on the south circular, and I was lying in bed this morning watching the Magpies on the overgrown lawn and the squirrels scampering along the trees. Last spring we had a vixen and her cubs basking on the lawn in the sun as well, as they all fought to suckle her. Don't give up hope Glynis.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by poollounger
Last spring we had a vixen and her cubs basking on the lawn in the sun as well, as they all fought to suckle her. Don't give up hope Glynis.

Oh yes we had one of those and it killed all the pet rabbits on the street - If it didn't get them directly it gave them heart attacks trying
Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

That seems rude Andy even accompanied by a big smile!! And why should people be forced out of their homes. I know in a developing area it is inevitable that open spaces will get built on...but builders should learn the lessons of the Costa del Sol. Glynis perhaps you should plant a tree or two to encourage the birds to stay. In the summer we have the starlings swooping down to drink from our pool.. they dive bomb and skim along the surface. Even here in London we have a woodland garden despite being on the south circular, and I was lying in bed this morning watching the Magpies on the overgrown lawn and the squirrels scampering along the trees. Last spring we had a vixen and her cubs basking on the lawn in the sun as well, as they all fought to suckle her. Don't give up hope Glynis.
That sounds lovely. Last year there seemed a distinct shortage of dragonflies in the pool. Well not actually in the pool but drinking from the pool. I did see a rabbit down the beach and we do have hedgehogs in our road.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:52 pm
Account Closed

Andy Pipken is an unknown quantity at this point

Not being rude at all, Just saying, if I moaned as much as Glynis, I would do something about it
Old Jan 21st 2007, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not being rude at all, Just saying, if I moaned as much as Glynis, I would do something about it
It´s not moaning Andy, just stating facts. Or aren´t we allowed to do that?
Old Jan 21st 2007, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

sonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant future

BANG,
Shot him Glynis,caught him in Lower Pago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.