Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

CHEAPER LONG FERRY CROSSINGS

CHEAPER LONG FERRY CROSSINGS

Old Feb 26th 2012, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile CHEAPER LONG FERRY CROSSINGS

Hi everyone,

If you would like to save 10% on your ferry crossings from England/Spain/England just send me a PM or e mail and I will forward you my membership number for Britanny Ferries.

We joined the Ferry Club when we bought a van to transport our wordly goods to Ayamonte and this gives me the facility to give you my membership number, which you would need to quote when you book as a guest or friend. Joining costs £100 and annual membership is £100 which is a lot to find in one go. We have now sold the van and got both of our cars down here so we only make one return trip each year. The savings covers our annual fee but it is a shame that we do not use it more.

For each person who uses my number I get £10 towards my annual fee. I thought it might be a good idea for more of us to benefit - you would get 10% off your booking and I would get £10 towards my £100 annual membership fee.

Anyway get in touch if you are interested.

Best Regards, John.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: CHEAPER LONG FERRY CROSSINGS

Hi again,

Most people who have contacted me had already started the booking process but I have made suggestions that may enable to recover the position and still get the 10% discount. However anyone who thinks it might be helpful to save 10% in these straightened times t really is this simple.

IF YOU BOOK ON LINE:

DROP DOWN MENU:

Are you a member of the travel club: YES

Property Travel Club Number : PM me

Lead Persons Name (Your name)

The booking is for: a GUEST/FRIEND of the member.

IF YOU BOOK BY PHONE AND THEY ASK FOR MEMBERS NAME: PM me

Happy sailing and if any problems PM or e mail me

Regards

John.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well we have our first success MM who had already made her reservation but followed my hint and knocked over £50 off her booking. As she says that is a nice meal for 2 and a bottle of wine and £10 off my renewal fee so win win all round.

PS. Have just got your email MJ and this bodes well for you to save circa £50.

Old Mar 17th 2012, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice
Default Re: CHEAPER LONG FERRY CROSSINGS

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Well we have our first success MM who had already made her reservation but followed my hint and knocked over £50 off her booking. As she says that is a nice meal for 2 and a bottle of wine and £10 off my renewal fee so win win all round.

PS. Have just got your email MJ and this bodes well for you to save circa £50.

We want to go to UK with our motorhome late June early July. Thinking of going up the coast of Portugal into Spain and using the Santander-Portsmouth crossing. 600euros for one way!!! ouch! expensive! Have I got it right?
Old Mar 18th 2012, 4:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by olivia
We want to go to UK with our motorhome late June early July. Thinking of going up the coast of Portugal into Spain and using the Santander-Portsmouth crossing. 600euros for one way!!! ouch! expensive! Have I got it right?
Yes that sounds about right. Its getting into the expensive season band. Thats our preferred crossing but we also like the "Cap" which only does that one once a week so this time we are back to Bilbao for the first time since P&O stopped that route. From Ayamonte, Santander and Bilbao are about the same distance but the drive to Santander is nicer and easier. When we had the van the most we paid was about £500 roughly the same kind of vehicle perhaps not as long.

We always reckoned that the cost is about same as driving up France with tolls, one overnght stop and the early morning Chunnel, You would of course save the overnight and could save on deisel by taking longer and say 2 overnights in France also keepng off the toll roads would save even more.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Mar 18th 2012 at 4:51 am.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Yes that sounds about right. Its getting into the expensive season band. Thats our preferred crossing but we also like the "Cap" which only does that one once a week so this time we are back to Bilbao for the first time since P&O stopped that route. From Ayamonte, Santander and Bilbao are about the same distance but the drive to Santander is nicer and easier. When we had the van the most we paid was about £500 roughly the same kind of vehicle perhaps not as long.

We always reckoned that the cost is about same as driving up France with tolls, one overnght stop and the early morning Chunnel, You would of course save the overnight and could save on deisel by taking longer and say 2 overnights in France also keepng off the toll roads would save even more.
We have done the return journey twice now through France avoiding tolls 3 or 4 hours driving in the mornings. We would like to try and take a different route and make more of a holiday of it next time. Thought the coast of Portugal would be nice then on up through that bit of Spain to the ferry. Do you think the Olympic Games will have pushed the prices up on fares for this summer?
Old Mar 18th 2012, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We have done the return journey twice now through France avoiding tolls 3 or 4 hours driving in the mornings. We would like to try and take a different route and make more of a holiday of it next time. Thought the coast of Portugal would be nice then on up through that bit of Spain to the ferry. Do you think the Olympic Games will have pushed the prices up on fares for this summer?
We are travelling up in July and we booked early to avoid just that. However I think at the moment the prices are about usual however we always find the boat pretty full even out of "season" so if they do push the price up this summer it will be profiteering on their part. Brittany have this system of colour coding for cost pale green for cheapest dark green for dearest so if you throw up a week you can see which boat is the cheaper. Shame they do not do an Easyjet of giving you a choice of 3 days a month or 3 months which lets us oldies find the best rate at the the best time for us.

Have you thought of the alternative which is up the west coast across to Gijon boat to St Nazarre then drive through France as much or as little as you would like St Marlo or Dunkirk. Mike posted his route on here about 4 mths ago.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Mar 18th 2012 at 11:10 am.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are travelling up in July and we booked early to avoid just that. However I think at the moment the prices are about usual however we always find the boat pretty full even out of "season" so if they do push the price up this summer it will be profiteering on their part. Brittany have this system of colour coding for cost pale green for cheapest dark green for dearest so if you throw up a week you can see which boat is the cheaper. Shame they do not do an Easyjet of giving you a choice of 3 days a month or 3 months which lets us oldies find the best rate at the the best time for us.

Have you thought of the alternative which is up the west coast across to Gijon boat to St Nazarre then drive through France as much or as little as you would like St Marlo or Dunkirk. Mike posted his route on here about 4 mths ago.
Yes I did read that and sounds like a good option. We are tempted with your favourite because they have some dog friendly cabins. Do you know if the Cap is the only boat offering this facility?
Old Mar 18th 2012, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes I did read that and sounds like a good option. We are tempted with your favourite because they have some dog friendly cabins. Do you know if the Cap is the only boat offering this facility?
Yes I think it is but they go quick so if you have a date in mind have a look to see what is available. The kennels up on the top deck are well used and people walk their dogs up there most of the day.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys.

Wish we'd seen this post earlier and of course it had been posted earlier as well We booked in November and got a 10% discount as we used Brittany last July.

This July we have a return booking, Portsmouth/ Santander out and Bilbao/Portsmouth return £680 after the discount. Even taking into account how much fuel we will need, this still compares favourable with a return airfair to Alicante/Leeds and of course 3 weeks car rental and the associated costs. A little more expensive, but compared to how much stuff you can cram into a Citroen Picasso, the ferry is the preferred option!

Last year we got a set of double glazed sliding windows for our outside bbq room 3mtr by 1.5mtr albeit broken down into constituent parts, a fridge for same, a 32" tv for same and numerous other items into the car! Had to fold up and stack two of the rear seats inside, as we had our daughter and hubby to pick up from the airport during our stay or else we would have even more space in the back!

This year we already have a dishwasher to match the kitchen decor along with a a vacumn compressed memory foam bed mattress and replacement doors for the kitchen units, in storage for this July. I do believe we also have being delivered here, 3- 5 foot bare root Bramley apple trees for a neighbour, she swears they are unavailable anwhere in the Murcia/Alicante region, so we are doing a favour for her as well.

Still there is always next year!

Last edited by Bri and Katee; Apr 12th 2012 at 1:04 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

adriank is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds great, we are going to Spain and any discount will be useful if you could send send me membership number I would be grateful.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by adriank
Sounds great, we are going to Spain and any discount will be useful if you could send send me membership number I would be grateful.
I would normally send the details as a PM but until you have 3 posts you cannot send or receive PM's so if you click on my name you will find you should be able to email me which will expose your email address to me and I can respond to that. Regards John.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Hi Guys.

Wish we'd seen this post earlier and of course it had been posted earlier as well We booked in November and got a 10% discount as we used Brittany last July.

This July we have a return booking, Portsmouth/ Santander out and Bilbao/Portsmouth return £680 after the discount. Even taking into account how much fuel we will need, this still compares favourable with a return airfair to Alicante/Leeds and of course 3 weeks car rental and the associated costs. A little more expensive, but compared to how much stuff you can cram into a Citroen Picasso, the ferry is the preferred option!

Last year we got a set of double glazed sliding windows for our outside bbq room 3mtr by 1.5mtr albeit broken down into constituent parts, a fridge for same, a 32" tv for same and numerous other items into the car! Had to fold up and stack two of the rear seats inside, as we had our daughter and hubby to pick up from the airport during our stay or else we would have even more space in the back!

This year we already have a dishwasher to match the kitchen decor along with a a vacumn compressed memory foam bed mattress and replacement doors for the kitchen units, in storage for this July. I do believe we also have being delivered here, 3- 5 foot bare root Bramley apple trees for a neighbour, she swears they are unavailable anwhere in the Murcia/Alicante region, so we are doing a favour for her as well.

Still there is always next year!
Hi you guys. It is now next year and despite being caught out by the strike last September ( more later ) we have now renewed our membership until end of March 2014. So if you want to use our friends and family membership number to get your discount drop us an email and we can give you the number.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

del.Almendro will become famous soon enoughdel.Almendro will become famous soon enough

Hi John,

ThanQ for being our BF friend again this year. We are driving up through France both ways this year; northbound in mid July and southbound mid September. Toledo and La Rioja are this year's new places to visit en route. We go a different way every time and take 3 or 4 nights each way. It's part of the holiday for us.

Saved £26 altogether. Do you get two £10 credits as we booked singles?

Cheers ,

Barrie & Dee
El Almendro

Hi you guys. It is now next year and despite being caught out by the strike last September ( more later ) we have now renewed our membership until end of March 2014. So if you want to use our friends and family membership number to get your discount drop us an email and we can give you the number.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 1:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by del.Almendro
Hi John,

ThanQ for being our BF friend again this year. We are driving up through France both ways this year; northbound in mid July and southbound mid September. Toledo and La Rioja are this year's new places to visit en route. We go a different way every time and take 3 or 4 nights each way. It's part of the holiday for us.

Saved £26 altogether. Do you get two £10 credits as we booked singles?

Cheers ,

Barrie & Dee
El Almendro
Not sure but I would think yes I do. We are now doing the first part of our trip from Gijon so we are introduced to a new area in Asturias and very beautiful it is too. Also we stage through St Nazaire which has the historically magnificent Nazi submarine pens where we had lunch on our diversion last year, then on to Rosscoff another new destination.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.