Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Charity Project in Valencia

Charity Project in Valencia

Old Aug 20th 2011, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Charity Project in Valencia

I've just completed a year working as a volunteer with a homeless charity in London.One of the biggest problems facing the homeless if they are hospitalized (which many are) is that they will be discharged after treatment straight back to the street.To this end I and a few friends are starting a respite centre using some farmland and two houses I own in The Sierra Mariola National Park in Valencia.I would be grateful for any donations of furniture anybody could spare and any other practical help that members in the Valencia area might be able to offer.More details on www.simoninspain.co.uk
Old Aug 21st 2011, 2:57 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Charity Project in Valencia

Much respect, and wish you well in your excellent and much needed project.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the good wishes.It's maybe not the best time to launch a charity what with all the austerity packages and funding cuts that are hitting charities hard,but it's a problem that sadly will grow as more can't keep up with mortgages........there but for the grace of God we all go.On a brighter note we are hoping to include an art gallery in Bocairente in the project.So any budding artists amongst the membership would be welcome to submit their work for exhibit.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

"Big up" to you!!! as Ali G used to say (!) , nice to hear someone doing something altruistic in the area, best of luck.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks
Old May 29th 2012, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just a quick update.There are several volunteers coming out in late June to help in the project.If anybody in the Gandia Ontinyente corridor has any old half pots of paint (white would be good) or any odd yardage of tiles gathering dust they would be gratefully received
Old May 29th 2012, 1:12 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
Just a quick update.There are several volunteers coming out in late June to help in the project.If anybody in the Gandia Ontinyente corridor has any old half pots of paint (white would be good) or any odd yardage of tiles gathering dust they would be gratefully received
I'll have a look .... I do have some down stairs but not sure what state they are in, or the number of them
Old May 30th 2012, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I'll have a look .... I do have some down stairs but not sure what state they are in, or the number of them
Thanks Jon anything will do we need bits to tile steps and splash backs so every little helps.Thanks again for the TV
Old May 30th 2012, 4:12 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Are you registered as a charity?. Do you have a committee? I ask this because I was a charity accountant. It is not good practice to ask for donations if you are a one man band.
Old May 30th 2012, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Are you registered as a charity?. Do you have a committee? I ask this because I was a charity accountant. It is not good practice to ask for donations if you are a one man band.
Trustee, one of the number required by the Charities Commision although we expect to run on less than 5k per year(which members of my family have pledged to pay the taxes and insurances for the next ten years) and we are just waiting for our HMRC small charities registration to come through so that we can claim gift aid..But you also may have noticed we aren't asking for money.Actually we will never look for financial donations I've just finished an 18 month stint with one of the UKs largest Homeless charities (voluntary) and they could waste money professionally.Which I'm sure you'll know having worked in the sector isn't rare But this link might help you....http://www.smallcharities.org.uk/faqs/#c722
I did my homework first.

Last edited by davidinspain; May 30th 2012 at 4:57 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Just bumped this to say a big thank you to Rosemary who donated all my little car could carry.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 12:12 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
Just bumped this to say a big thank you to Rosemary who donated all my little car could carry.
You are welcome and as you know there was more that the poor thing could not manage waiting for the next trip.

Rosemary
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 12:21 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one Rosemary.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 2:29 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Nice one Rosemary.
Just be very grateful that you do not live anywhere nearby when they set up the karoake system.

Rosemary
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

searcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nice

Dave, if you are on facebook it may be worth joining "sell your stuff spain" as there are now 7000 members on Costa Blanca. You could post asking for donations paint, materials etc as there have been very sucsesful requests for donations for emaus and animal charities amongst the "for sale" posts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.