Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Charge free cash withdrawals at Santander

Charge free cash withdrawals at Santander

Old Feb 11th 2010, 3:44 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Charge free cash withdrawals at Santander

My eye was caught by a Santander advert in the street this afternoon - they claim if you bank with them, then any cash withdrawals world-wide are without charge. Obviously they'll try and claw money back later on the exchange rate, but it still seems a good deal. I came back home and then found this via Google which seems to confirm the charge-free arrangement. Hope this is of use to some of you.

http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/Spai...-in-spain.aspx
Old Feb 11th 2010, 3:47 pm
lic
Forum Regular

lic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nice
Default Re: Charge free cash withdrawals at Santander

If you have a Nationwide Flexx account, they will allow you to withdraw cash at any ATM for free. They do not claw back on the exchange rate, as they merely charge the Visa exchange rate that day.
I have found no one to match or beat this.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 4:02 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

I changed over to Santander 3 months ago and was very pleased with the service I was given. No charges for bank cards, was given a debit card, offered a credit card and they offer to loan you some money in advance of your nomina being paid into the account.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

This account is only available if you have a mortgage with them.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 6:19 pm
Banned

johncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lic
If you have a Nationwide Flexx account, they will allow you to withdraw cash at any ATM for free. They do not claw back on the exchange rate, as they merely charge the Visa exchange rate that day.
I have found no one to match or beat this.

That only applies anywhere with a CASH CARD.

Debit Cards (and of course credit cards everywhere) are charged, I believe outside Europe. I know in the fa East they are.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 8:57 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter opened an account with Nationwide some time ago when she went travelling around Europe because they were one of the few that offered free ATM's. Used to be worldwide but they are beginning to introduce a charge now in certain areas
Old Feb 13th 2010, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Location: Javea by choice / Kazakhstan mostly / UK sometimes!
Mykap will become famous soon enough

An HSBC plus account offers world wide charge free withdrawals and other benefits for £12.50 per month.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 11:15 am
Banned

johncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mykap
An HSBC plus account offers world wide charge free withdrawals and other benefits for £12.50 per month.
For £150 a year, you can get FREE withdrawals !!!!

I am glad that with Nationwide I can get free withdrawals on my Cash and Debit cards in Europe and Free withdrawals worldwide on my Cash Card, without paying then anything per year for the 'privilege' !
Old Feb 13th 2010, 12:43 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johncar61
For £150 a year, you can get FREE withdrawals !!!!

I am glad that with Nationwide I can get free withdrawals on my Cash and Debit cards in Europe and Free withdrawals worldwide on my Cash Card, without paying then anything per year for the 'privilege' !
A lot of UK banks offer paying packages now. I had a RBS one where I paid a similar amount but got a package of benefits which included worldwide travel insurance. The whole package was well worth it