Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Changing Ownership Electric supply

Changing Ownership Electric supply

Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Changing Ownership Electric supply

Hello just new to the site and after a bit of advice.
Having purchased a house and getting utilities changed into my name etc. I have now been told that although I have dircect debit set up to pay for electric, in order for the electric supply to be changed into my name I have to have a survey done which will cost in the region of 250 euro. Can anyone confirm that his is correct before I arrange for this survey.
Thanks
Bob22
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:35 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing Ownership Electric supply

Originally Posted by bobd22
Hello just new to the site and after a bit of advice.
Having purchased a house and getting utilities changed into my name etc. I have now been told that although I have dircect debit set up to pay for electric, in order for the electric supply to be changed into my name I have to have a survey done which will cost in the region of 250 euro. Can anyone confirm that his is correct before I arrange for this survey.
Thanks
Bob22
Welcome Bob

That seems wierd in view of the fact that the house is already connected. Certainly when we had our meter connected in a three year old house Iberdrola didn't come and look at the place. How old is your place?
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply Mitziboy, our house is a 25 yr old renovated townhouse which was lived in by previous owner British. The certificate that I am told I nee is de Instalación de Baja Tensión or Boletín de Instalaciones Eléctricas and the supplier is Sevillana Endesa. I am told that it is a requirement of the Junta de Andalucía that this inspection is carried out.
Bobd22
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of people don't bother to get the bills changed into their name but just alter the bank details to their own. I haven't heard of this requirement in my area so that's another new one!
Old Feb 9th 2008, 2:23 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I heard that somewhere else when they turned the supply off between selling and buying and if they had left it on and just changed the name it would of been no charge.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 4:11 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

If the existing boletin for the property is over 5 yrs old then yes, you will require a new one in order to transfer the electricity supply contract into your name, regardless of whether the supply remained connected or not. If you have an internally sited meter you will also need to pay to have this moved to an outside wall. Your building surveyor should have pointed this out to you in your survey report pre-purchase.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
If the existing boletin for the property is over 5 yrs old then yes, you will require a new one in order to transfer the electricity supply contract into your name, regardless of whether the supply remained connected or not. If you have an internally sited meter you will also need to pay to have this moved to an outside wall. Your building surveyor should have pointed this out to you in your survey report pre-purchase.
Thanks everyone for your replies it seems like I am just going to have to cough up 250 euro for the inspection. I am not back out untill May will have to arrrange it for then, at least in between the bills will be paid by direct debit. The supply was never disconnected.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bobd22
Thanks everyone for your replies it seems like I am just going to have to cough up 250 euro for the inspection. I am not back out untill May will have to arrrange it for then, at least in between the bills will be paid by direct debit. The supply was never disconnected.
Sorry message sent before I meant it to. does 250 euro sound reasonable for this inspection? hanks again for taking the time to send your replies much appreciated.
Bobd22
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:15 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

That price is there or thereabouts. You may get it it bit cheaper but it has to be carried out by a registered and certified electrician who is allowed to issue the boletin. Mine cost 90€ but that was in 2004.
If any upgrading works are required you will of course have to pay to have that work carried out before they will issue the boletin.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
That price is there or thereabouts. You may get it it bit cheaper but it has to be carried out by a registered and certified electrician who is allowed to issue the boletin. Mine cost 90€ but that was in 2004.
If any upgrading works are required you will of course have to pay to have that work carried out before they will issue the boletin.
thanks Hillybilly
Bobd22
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Hillybilly (or anyone else! )

I wonder if you could please explain in words of one syllable, what exactly a boletin is?

We have had an electricity supply put into our plot of land (although we're not going to build on it now)

As far as the boletin is concerned, does that come from an electrician, or the company that supplies the electricity?? (In this case, Iberdrola)
I'm assuming that the boletin is a "certificate" that states what your contracted tariff and potencia is??

Also, a similar question to the original poster................
We're in the process of buying a house.
Should we expect to be given a boletin for the electricity by the current owners? Presumably yes, because otherwise we won't know if it's more than 5years old, in terms of transferring the account into our name.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clarify these points
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:01 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisca
Hi Hillybilly (or anyone else! )

I wonder if you could please explain in words of one syllable, what exactly a boletin is?

We have had an electricity supply put into our plot of land (although we're not going to build on it now)

As far as the boletin is concerned, does that come from an electrician, or the company that supplies the electricity?? (In this case, Iberdrola)
I'm assuming that the boletin is a "certificate" that states what your contracted tariff and potencia is??

Also, a similar question to the original poster................
We're in the process of buying a house.
Should we expect to be given a boletin for the electricity by the current owners? Presumably yes, because otherwise we won't know if it's more than 5years old, in terms of transferring the account into our name.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clarify these points
A boletin is supplied by the electrician to say that the installation is up to the building standards and without one you will not get a connection.
They will connect for a tempory builders supply , but you will need it for the finished house.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
A boletin is supplied by the electrician to say that the installation is up to the building standards and without one you will not get a connection.
They will connect for a tempory builders supply , but you will need it for the finished house.

Thank you for that jdr

As far as I understand it from the electrician who has done the work; he gets an "engineer" to check that everything is done satisfactorily, and then when we're ready we tell Iberdrola that we'd like them to connect us (something we've already paid them for)

The electrician's quote says "No se incluyen los boletines particulares de cada uno, sino la luz puesta en el modulo de contador"
I read that as "Individual boletins are not included, apart from the electricity put in the meter unit (box)"

So, do you think that so long as we get a piece of paper that says that the installation has been done correctly, then we'll be OK??
That's what we're being led to believe!

PS Are you "home alone??"
Is mrs jdr in the UK at the mo? Hope you're OK?
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Thank you for that jdr

The electrician's quote says "No se incluyen los boletines particulares de cada uno, sino la luz puesta en el modulo de contador"
I read that as "Individual boletins are not included, apart from the electricity put in the meter unit (box)"

So, do you think that so long as we get a piece of paper that says that the installation has been done correctly, then we'll be OK??
That sounds to me as though they're saying that you will have to get your own boletin done.

The cabling etc will be there for you to connect to the electricity supply but you'll have to apply for the meter and hence supply the boletin.

Of course I could be wrong
Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:06 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Thank you for that jdr

As far as I understand it from the electrician who has done the work; he gets an "engineer" to check that everything is done satisfactorily, and then when we're ready we tell Iberdrola that we'd like them to connect us (something we've already paid them for)

PS Are you "home alone??"
Is mrs jdr in the UK at the mo? Hope you're OK?
You will need to get the Electrician to give you the boletin for the finished work to give to the supplier as Dazzle says.

She is back for a visit, but I am OK thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.