Change of Plan

Old Jul 2nd 2008, 10:30 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Change of Plan

Hi everyone

Well, we have been very busy these past few weeks. We got so fed up of the people we were renting from, she finally cut the internet cable The internet had been off for 12 days and when it was fixed she cut the cable and told me I wouldn´t need it as I could use a wireless signal....I couldn´t it wouldn´t work So we went into an inmobiliaria and found another place to rent. We then had an hectic week of moving everything before our rent was due for another month - didn´t want to stay there longer than was necessary.

We are now living in a lovely town much nearer to the coast, everyone is very friendly and we have even started to learn Spanish again - no choice really as everyone we meet teaches us a few words We are much happier and have been talking about staying for another year - give Spain another chance in a different location

Also our daughter had a boyfriend and has moved in with him and is also working So there have been some big changes here

We are hoping to extend the rental agreement on the house we are in as we only took it for 2 months, initially until we could return to England, not realising how different we would feel once we were here. Once that is taken care of I will be having the internet connected so can look in more often.

From a much happier Lionda
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 10:33 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Change of Plan

Oh wow Lionda what a fab post!

Glad things have changed for the better for you and I have everthing crossed that things work out the way you want them to!
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:04 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Oh wow Lionda what a fab post!

Glad things have changed for the better for you and I have everthing crossed that things work out the way you want them to!
Thanks SD We are certainly looking at things differently now. Can´t believe how just moving to another town has altered the way we feel about Spain. We were just in the wrong place and being amongst so many moaning brits didn´t help. Can´t remember who said it but it was suggested that maybe we were in the wrong place. Well it was correct. We do feel a lot happier.

We have had a few problemas since we moved, no electricity for a couple of days then when that was fixed we had a water leak in the bathroom. The plumber is replacing some pipes which were badly corroded - so bad they looked like slim treetrunks with the bark hanging off Have had to use a bucket to flush the loo for a few days and strip down washes only in cold water, no shower But all should be ok today, or tomorrow, or maybe by the end of the week Well.....you have to laugh don´t you

Thanks for the karma, can´t send any back as I have to spread it around first
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

You sound sooo positive sweetpea

Sounds like you made the right decision to move villages before you took the plunge and moved back to the UK.

So happy for you....

Good job you didn't have to have strip washes in the winter ....burrrrrrrrr

You take care honey & keep us posted !!

Loadsa love to you

Big hugs & kisses

Mich xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:53 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lionda
Thanks SD We are certainly looking at things differently now. Can´t believe how just moving to another town has altered the way we feel about Spain. We were just in the wrong place and being amongst so many moaning brits didn´t help. Can´t remember who said it but it was suggested that maybe we were in the wrong place. Well it was correct. We do feel a lot happier.

We have had a few problemas since we moved, no electricity for a couple of days then when that was fixed we had a water leak in the bathroom. The plumber is replacing some pipes which were badly corroded - so bad they looked like slim treetrunks with the bark hanging off Have had to use a bucket to flush the loo for a few days and strip down washes only in cold water, no shower But all should be ok today, or tomorrow, or maybe by the end of the week Well.....you have to laugh don´t you
Thanks for the karma, can´t send any back as I have to spread it around first
All those problems ane you still love it?

I think you have just found your future!

I am dead chuffed for you both
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:57 am
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Congrat's

We found the same, moved area & found Spain !

Well almost, big improvement any way
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 3:51 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Li - i cant tell you how chuffed i am for you all - that is brilliant news - i know you had a lot of heartache in spain but im so glad you are giving it another go - well it looks like the meet will be at your house then hahaha
Take care chick
Love Sam xxxxx
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

cafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant future

Hi lionda,
Great post! Very glad things are looking up for you and that you are much happier. Good to hear that things are working out and you are considering staying longer.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

This is wonderful news! Where are you btw?
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 7:49 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Im glad to hear things are so much better for you
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news! So pleased that you've had this opportunity - hope we can all get together again over the Summer!
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 8:33 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Hi Lin I am so glad you have changed your mind and giving Spain another go all the signs look right for you this time and what a piece of luck for your daughter as well to find happiness at the eleventh hour
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 7:21 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Good news Lind, it just goes to show that sometimes only a small change is needed, ie just moving a few miles. We do it all the time in the UK because neighbouring districts can vary greatly. This might be of great help to others who are unhappy, another option instead of going back to the UK.
Once again I am glad that the sun is shining for you, and wish you all the best.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 7:58 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

good news.. we have found that just moving gives a totally different outlook on the areas..
Old Jul 6th 2008, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lionda,

Only just had a chance to look in, and have seen this wonderful news!

I'm sooooooooooooo pleased for you.
How fantastic that you have found somewhere that makes you happy; and that you are considering staying on in Spain
Great news about your daughter's happiness too (is her boyfriend Spanish? That would be a great way of practising the language )

I can really identify with all those problems that you've encountered in your new rental.
We experienced similar disasters when we first arrived..............one February!!
Still, as you say, it all adds to the experience, and you can really only laugh about it and adopt the "whenever" attitude - as you have so quickly found out.

Wishing you and your family every happiness with this latest stage in your Spanish adventure, and hoping that you will find just what you've been looking for.
It sounds like you've ended up in a very friendly place. Just be warned that this means it will take you an hour to go and get a loaf of bread, because everyone will want to talk to you on the way

I went to our village shop one evening at the start of summer - and got home two hours later, having not even made it to the shop in the end!
However, I did meet the extended family of some neighbours, chatted and played with their two young grandsons, and came home laden with lettuces, parsley and "acelga" (a sort of cabbage) from their allotment!

That's what real Spanish life is to me, and I hope you find what you want to experience form your new part of Spain.
It would be so great if you could stay on; and all power to you for sticking it out, given the two negative experiences you've had since arriving.
You must be made of stern stuff, being a northern lass and all that!

Love and hugs,
Sam xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.