Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Change in age to draw private pensions to 55

Change in age to draw private pensions to 55

Old Mar 19th 2007, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future
Default Change in age to draw private pensions to 55

As said before on forum many things I love about UK and not usually political but have just found out that they have changed minimum age to draw company pensions from 50 to 55, oh was hoping to draw his in 6 years. I wonder how many expats are living abroad now and not aware of this hoping to draw there pension having saved up enough money to live off. Suffice to say it was not the pension company that informed us! It seems in this country you get rewarded for doing nothing.

Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:31 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change in age to draw private pensions to 55

Originally Posted by helenp
As said before on forum many things I love about UK and not usually political but have just found out that they have changed minimum age to draw company pensions from 50 to 55, oh was hoping to draw his in 6 years. I wonder how many expats are living abroad now and not aware of this hoping to draw there pension having saved up enough money to live off. Suffice to say it was not the pension company that informed us! It seems in this country you get rewarded for doing nothing.

Yep your so right helen.... You wait and see how they will extend the working til pension age again soon .. Dont the government make your blood boil !!
Old Mar 20th 2007, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Yep your so right helen.... You wait and see how they will extend the working til pension age again soon .. Dont the government make your blood boil !!
Yes they are talking of extending state pension until 70 what is the point all these poor 60 plus year olds who have worked all their lives and just want at least 15 to 20 years leisure time before they die
Old Mar 20th 2007, 2:02 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

But the good news for some of us is that the law does not change until 2010, http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTax...ns/DG_10027106 Why can't we get the link button to work? Has something changed on this forum?
Old Mar 20th 2007, 4:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
But the good news for some of us is that the law does not change until 2010, http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTax...ns/DG_10027106 Why can't we get the link button to work? Has something changed on this forum?
Since the change, you have to Highlight the word HERE or whatever then click the hyperlink button then paste it in.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
My oh misses out by 3 years, i think it is wrong anyway who wants to work past 65 not many people. Bet Tony Blair won't be working until hes 70, if you can call it work!

Old Mar 20th 2007, 10:09 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

My oh misses out by 3 years, i think it is wrong anyway who wants to work past 65 not many people. Bet Tony Blair won't be working until hes 70, if you can call it work!

exactly ...
Old Mar 20th 2007, 10:32 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Bet Tony Blair won't be working until hes 70, if you can call it work!

Heh heh ..... we might not agree with Mr Blair or what he's done, but as a job of work I can't think of much worse. Twenty four hours a day seven days a week, 365 days a year, and when you take a holiday you get criticised for it. You have to be absolutely squeaky clean in your personal life and if your wife gets seen answering the door in her dressing gown then all hell gets let loose.

Have you compared pictures of any pf the past PM's at start and finish of their office ... they seem to age much past their years

There may be the perks and the money, but I'm pretty sure in effort of work they earn every penny!