Reload this Page >

Certificate of Good Conduct

Certificate of Good Conduct

Old Sep 17th 2009, 9:31 am
Just Joined

DrSmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Certificate of Good Conduct

Hi,

Prior to application, the RAF have requested a 'Certificate of Good Conduct' from Spain for the just short of 3 months I spent there visiting my dad a few years ago.

Looking at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office website, it seems that in order to receive the certificate I need to send a letter to them asking for the certificate, I then need to get the letter translated in to Spanish and state that I give permission for the British consulate to obtain the certificate on my behalf. As well as this they are asking for an original full length copy of my birth certificate (of which I've had to pay the General Register Office for), my passport and £128 for the favour.

This seems hyperbole to me. They do state an alternative way to obtain the certificate;
You can apply directly to the Spanish Ministry of Justice (www.mju.es) if you wish, rather than applying through us. You are looking for a formulario 790.
I've been to the website and I've located the 790 form. However, I don't speak Spanish and so I become stuck rather quickly.

Has anyone else had to go through this for any reason? And do you know of an easy path?