Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Certificate de Empadronamiento

Certificate de Empadronamiento

Old Sep 30th 2007, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all
Default Certificate de Empadronamiento

Hi
Been here for a while now but need to sign on at the town hall. We know where to go and what to take. Does anyone know if we have to all go as a family or if OH can go and sort it out for all of us?
Also, I've read the info. in Free beer about doctors but am getting mixed info. from people who are already here. A colleague had to take a whole day off work to sort it out (they only had temporary NIE nos.) but my neighbour says because I have the permanent(EX16) one and am in the social security system I should be automatically registered at my local health clinic.
How did people on the forum who are not retired and have children go about registering with a doctor?
Once we sort this out we should be finished with the paperwork. Until they change the rules again!
Old Sep 30th 2007, 1:47 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certificate de Empadronamiento

It may be different in your area as each town seem to have their own rules (which can also change daily ) but we had to register in person, we asked about a padron for our daughter when we got ours and were told she had to apply in person. Ours cost 18cents but I think it varies in different towns.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

Thanks Lionda.
Is your daughter an adult? Does she live at your address?
I suppose I will just have to send Howard up to the town hall and then we will find out. I seem to be doing most things by trial and error but I don't want to take any unnecessary time of work, especially as it is paid time off.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 2:48 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

When my daughter / son in law signed on they had to get baby`s birth certificate translated into Spanish as she did not have a Family book, cause she didn`t, she was born in UK.
I think every area makes up their own rules though, I think a lot depends on the receptionist if you get my gist ;-))
Old Sep 30th 2007, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Yes it definitely depends on the person you see. My friends took their children's English birth certificates and it wasn't a problem.
Don't you just love waiting in queues for hours to be told you have the wrong documents. Now I just take everything and multiple photocopies.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 3:04 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunnydee
Yes it definitely depends on the person you see. My friends took their children's English birth certificates and it wasn't a problem.
Don't you just love waiting in queues for hours to be told you have the wrong documents. Now I just take everything and multiple photocopies.
Trouble is they seem to find something you missed.
Funny thing was after going back to the council office to enquire about the family book and after the guy saying the receptionist was loco and a few phone calls from him, everything strangely fell into place and no more problems. ;-))
Old Sep 30th 2007, 3:23 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Been here for a while now but need to sign on at the town hall. We know where to go and what to take. Does anyone know if we have to all go as a family or if OH can go and sort it out for all of us?
Also, I've read the info. in Free beer about doctors but am getting mixed info. from people who are already here. A colleague had to take a whole day off work to sort it out (they only had temporary NIE nos.) but my neighbour says because I have the permanent(EX16) one and am in the social security system I should be automatically registered at my local health clinic.
How did people on the forum who are not retired and have children go about registering with a doctor?
Once we sort this out we should be finished with the paperwork. Until they change the rules again!
I think you all have to go, you basically need you NIE no, escritura or rental agreement and copies of water and electricity bills. Our town hall is currently asking for 2 copies of each, and they state that they can't do the copying for you. We do NOT have to pay for ours. Get in the queue when they open and you should be OK, especially at this time of the year. You should note that the padron last for only 3 months for official useage, and therefore you should get new ones, only good thing is that we can go to a different window in our town hall to get renewals, and usually doesn't take long.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 3:48 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Lionda.
Is your daughter an adult? Does she live at your address?
I suppose I will just have to send Howard up to the town hall and then we will find out. I seem to be doing most things by trial and error but I don't want to take any unnecessary time of work, especially as it is paid time off.
Yes, she is an adult but she lives with us. However, we don't have an official address as we are in a new build and so the town hall told us to ask a friend if we could use their address. This is what we did and we have our padrons. We have to go back and renew when we get an official address.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute

we did ours at the town hall, took passports and rental agreement for the house, it took 5 mins and was FREE !!!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

We don't have water or electricity bills as they are in our landlords name. However, the agent reckons they are not needed at our town hall. We will waitand find out tomorrow.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:40 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

We don't have water or electricity bills as they are in our landlords name. However, the agent reckons they are not needed at our town hall. We will waitand find out tomorrow.
If you are renting, then all you need is the rental contract.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

keddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant future

The ceretificate you get from the town hall last for as long as you reside at that address not three months. We have had ours for 5 years and I enquired about this last June and was informed as I stated. If you are reneming and paying you are being ripped off!!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by keddyboy
The ceretificate you get from the town hall last for as long as you reside at that address not three months. We have had ours for 5 years and I enquired about this last June and was informed as I stated. If you are reneming and paying you are being ripped off!!
You do not have to pay for a padronmiento ever - its free, but you do have to have an uptodate one in most circumstances, ie for buying a car, getting the tarjeta sesenta cinco (andalucia discount card for pensioners)_
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 12:45 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by jo-ann
You do not have to pay for a padronmiento ever - its free, but you do have to have an uptodate one in most circumstances, ie for buying a car, getting the tarjeta sesenta cinco (andalucia discount card for pensioners)_
Wonder why we were charged 18cents then Maybe it was for the rubber stamp!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by keddyboy
Keddyboy, Having moved from the Coin jurisdiction into the AEG one, can you tell me if I go to the old town hall to get registered or can I go to the 'satellite' office by/behind the church on the small square situated in the town on the one way system?, (if that makes sense!!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.