Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

CERA Discussion

CERA Discussion

Old Nov 4th 2014, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: CERA Discussion

Another smaller triumph for the new CERA committee has just finished. A new enthusiastic member who must have tried to walk into Ayamonte enquired about who and how the road (particularly the vegetation) should be maintained. The answer was the EUC ARE RESPONSIBLE. So for the first time as far as I know the vegetation has been cut back and the drainage channels cleaned. The safety transformation is amazing. The bend where the Camino track comes in is now clear and very visible the road signs have been rediscovered and cleaned and the whole appearance is transformed. A bonus might be that when the bushes flower next spring we may have a super abundance of blooms. Well done Tatiana!
Old Nov 4th 2014, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Yet another first. The former CERA President Phil Johnson always wanted to get a Boules court established somewhere on Esuri but never found a willing party.

Today our resident Francophiles Jon & Catherine inaugurated the first Boules match by using a length of the running track by the children's play area just down from the shop. It probably does not rank alongside the courts in France or the Basque region of Spain but it is a start. It is a game loved by the French, Spanish and some English so let's keep it going as an added attraction for Esuri. I will try to give advance notice of the next match, all are welcome particularly if you have a set of Boules!
Old Nov 5th 2014, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CERA Discussion

I know negativity is frowned upon but today I discovered that there is no post delivery in Esuri ?is that all parts of just some ? how do you get your mail ? Also there is no where to buy a stamp so what use is a letter box ? I wonder what was collected from the post box ? My old local post office not sell stamps but the kiosco did but they had no way of telling the weight of things nor the size unless you had the item with you. Maybe that is why you seldom see letter boxes in Spain I have seen one in 10 years
Old Nov 5th 2014, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
I know negativity is frowned upon but today I discovered that there is no post delivery in Esuri ?is that all parts of just some ? how do you get your mail ? Also there is no where to buy a stamp so what use is a letter box ? I wonder what was collected from the post box ? My old local post office not sell stamps but the kiosco did but they had no way of telling the weight of things nor the size unless you had the item with you. Maybe that is why you seldom see letter boxes in Spain I have seen one in 10 years
I'm not sure where you are getting your info from but we have post delivered on Marina Esuri, regards Bryony
Old Nov 5th 2014, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The post lady visits Esuri every day Monday to Saturday Morning. If we have post that day it arrives between 12 and two. I note the collection on the new box is timed for 14.00 so she must go from our house to empty the box.

The problem from my loose understanding of the system is that the postie is not allowed to go into the private parts of the communities. So for instance if you live in the center of Lomas your post is delivered to a central point then your Manzana odd job man collects it then distributes it within the Manzana. There are lots of Manzana's and they often have the same house numbers so post can go astray to a house that may be empty for some time until the owner comes on holiday,a problem.

If you live on the perifery of Lomas you would get a direct delivery from postie. I know a former President of CERA who lives on Las Colinas was very concerned about postal delivery so perhaps it is something that should be re-addressed by CERA to see if things can be improved.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Nov 5th 2014 at 7:47 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

My information came from someone who does not get their mail delivered by post person, something I never considered as here in Spain I have also had mine delivered by the correos. The fact that it goes to a holding place then the maintenance person delivers it on to the addressee is also something I would not have thought of either but then mail here is maybe not so sacrosanct as in UK. Yes I know we are not in UK.

The whole thing about getting a letter box seems odd given buying stamps to take away, seems not to be the way.

You learn something new every day, glad I live where my post comes to my letter box daily if I have any.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My information came from someone who does not get their mail delivered by post person, something I never considered as here in Spain I have also had mine delivered by the correos. The fact that it goes to a holding place then the maintenance person delivers it on to the addressee is also something I would not have thought of either but then mail here is maybe not so sacrosanct as in UK. Yes I know we are not in UK.

The whole thing about getting a letter box seems odd given buying stamps to take away, seems not to be the way.

You learn something new every day, glad I live where my post comes to my letter box daily if I have any.
We always buy a few stamps at a time from the Tabac near the pelican crossing in town. Then we weigh our letter at home pop the right stamps on according to the Correos web site and pop it into the box when we are in town. Now we will be able to walk down to our new post box!
Old Nov 5th 2014, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sounds like you have got it sussed John :-) doubt my scales would weigh letters, they are used to much heavier things
Old Nov 8th 2014, 9:12 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default BOULES Discussion

Thanks John. The great thing (as everyone already knows) about Boules is that it can be played by any age group - gender etc. Rules are easy. It was fun. As most know it just needs any patch of ground, that's flat normally** 'hard' like on the dirt, or gravel (though Ive seen it played on the beach) . No big organisation needed - just a few friends getting together for a laugh.

To find a goodspot I drove around and there are LOADS of places to play... a boules players paradise. We met at the kids playground just past the shop at the T Junction. The plan was to go to the place I chose... but it was great there so we just stopped and played.

FYI I think the whole area from the kids playground - down to the 'second' fountain roundabout next to the big car park and las encinas....is great. If you imagine that road, there is the road, a footpath then a treelined area, grey gravel... all of that is perfect for the game (size, condition etc). My (personal) choice spots are in the summer, 100m just before the 2nd roundabout in the tree-lined shade..... Or just before the roundabout when cooler, looking out on the countryside. Also you don't get in the way of cars or pedestrians..... on any of it.

We just need people with the boules! We went to Decathlon for ours - but maybe you can find them in town in Intersport or a Chinese shop.

We have friends visiting (from France) but don't think we can play this week .. but I hope someone will organise something.. or I will arrange something next week. All welcome, but though we have some spares, theres not many and the other day, not everybody could play.

I love the idea that this is not a huge 'organised thing', permissions etc... just friends getting together and playing when free, on the numerous places available all over CE...

Jon

** PS I've seen a few times in France a 'Boules carees' competition. Weird, played with cube-shaped boules!! Created by those living on a hillside without a flat patch... I even had a go - and was totally defeated, it actually needs skill and its not all 'luck-of-the-bounce' - weird.

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Nov 8th 2014 at 9:31 am.
Old Nov 9th 2014, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
We always buy a few stamps at a time from the Tabac near the pelican crossing in town. Then we weigh our letter at home pop the right stamps on according to the Correos web site and pop it into the box when we are in town. Now we will be able to walk down to our new post box!
You walk John,that will be a first!!.

The post lady/man arrives each day at the side of our house,drops the post off at the hanyman's hut,who then distributes it to each separate letter box,he even takes in parcels if we are away or out.

Ken.
Old Dec 20th 2014, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The President of the Costa Esuri Residents Association has just sent this email to all members

"Dear neighbours and residents,

The Committee of the ASOCIACION DE RESIDENTES DE COSTA ESURI LA LUZ (CERA) is pleased to inform you that, YES NOW, after quite a number of meetings, an agreement has been reached today with the Town Hall to establish a regular and permanent bus service between Costa Esuri and Ayamonte. This will start on the 12 of January and the cost will be 1 euro.
This has been one of the most important requests since we took charge of the Association’s management seven month ago. It has been one of the recurrent issues posed in all the meetings we have held with the Town Hall.
We wish to state the Town Hall’s receptivity of our demand, more so having in mind the existing difficulties for establishing new municipal services. Both the Mayor, Mr. Rodríguez del Castillo and the Deputy Mayor (Mr. Rubiño) have understood perfectly the needs of our Community, this being basis for the positive result.
We also wish to thank DAMAS for their decision to accept the route we proposed, as well as for their commitment to develop the service in accordance with the needs that will prove convenient.
We are very aware that this is just one more step. Quite a few issues need attention.
With the support of all the neighbours and residents, this Committee is willing to give its best effort in order that Costa Esuri is the place we want to live in.

Further details will follow."

Old Dec 20th 2014, 3:10 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

The President of the Costa Esuri Residents Association has just sent this email to all members

"Dear neighbours and residents,

The Committee of the ASOCIACION DE RESIDENTES DE COSTA ESURI LA LUZ (CERA) is pleased to inform you that, YES NOW, after quite a number of meetings, an agreement has been reached today with the Town Hall to establish a regular and permanent bus service between Costa Esuri and Ayamonte. This will start on the 12 of January and the cost will be 1 euro.
This has been one of the most important requests since we took charge of the Association’s management seven month ago. It has been one of the recurrent issues posed in all the meetings we have held with the Town Hall.
We wish to state the Town Hall’s receptivity of our demand, more so having in mind the existing difficulties for establishing new municipal services. Both the Mayor, Mr. Rodríguez del Castillo and the Deputy Mayor (Mr. Rubiño) have understood perfectly the needs of our Community, this being basis for the positive result.
We also wish to thank DAMAS for their decision to accept the route we proposed, as well as for their commitment to develop the service in accordance with the needs that will prove convenient.
We are very aware that this is just one more step. Quite a few issues need attention.
With the support of all the neighbours and residents, this Committee is willing to give its best effort in order that Costa Esuri is the place we want to live in.

Further details will follow."

WOW WELL DONE CERA!!!

This is a great result, and a good Xmas pressie.

Please pass on our thanks to all the CERA team!!

Jon
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Here is the update of route and times:-

"Dear neighbours and residents:

Further information from the CERA Committee in respect of the end of the year good news:

AS FROM THE 12TH OF JANUARY 2015, WE WILL HAVE A BUS SERVICE IN COSTA ESURI

On the 19 December 2014, the agreement was reached between oDAMAS, the Town Hall and the CERA, in order to provide the bus service between Costa Esuri and Ayamonte that we have been insistently requesting. The terms of this agreement are the following:

Starting date: 12 January 2015

Fee: 1 euro

Stops in Costa Esuri:

Marina Esuri
Round about of Lomas
Albatros Golf
Las Encinas
La Jara Sur
La Jara Norte
Oasis Park
Las Colinas
Guadiana Golf/Vista Hermosa
Las Lomas
Round about of Miguel de Unamuno
Marina Esuri
The route being: Avda. Juan Pablo II (Marina Esuri, Vista Esuri, Albatros Golf)/Blasco Ibáñez/Jorge Guillén/Rosalía de Castro/Lope de Rueda/ Rosalía de castro/Francisco de Quevedo/Blasco Ibáñez/Miguel de Unamuno/Avda. Juan Pablo II.

Stops in Ayamonte:

Mercadona
Bus station

SCHEDULE

Monday to Friday In Costa Esuri (from Esuri (Marina)
08:45
10:45
16:00

Saturday
09:30

In Ayamonte (From the Bus Station)
13:00
15:00
19:00

Saturday
12:30

We wish to thank the Town Hall for understanding the legitimate demand being posed by the CERA and its decisive support given in all the discussions that have taken place, in order that this service is implemented.

We also wish to thank DAMAS for acepting and rendering this service that is very necessary for Costa Esuri.

Best regards.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dear CERA members,

I would like to remind you that the CERA has organised a walk around Costa Esuri for next Saturday, 24 January.

We will meet at the golf club car park at 10.30 am, returning there at the end of the walk.

We would like to make this a fun event to be enjoyed by all family members. Our aim is for all of us to get to know each other, make friends and get to see the many residential complexes of Costa Esuri, each very different from the other. We will, of course, respect the privacy of all owners and residents on the various complexes.

The walk will last for approximately 4 hours, so we recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes, bringing water and also something to eat. We will make stops along the way for relaxing, playing or listening to music, giving everyone the opportunity to chat and get to know fellow walkers and to enjoy ourselves generally.

All of you who are not yet members of the CERA can join during this event.
For anyone who wishes, there will be tapas (at a special price of 5€ per person) at the Clubhouse at the end of our walk, provided you book for this when registering for the walk.

If you wish to join us, please confirm before midnight on Thursday, 22 January by any of the following means:

Costa Esuri Residents Association - Home

[email protected]

[email protected]

Old Jan 22nd 2015, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Dear CERA members,

I would like to remind you that the CERA has organised a walk around Costa Esuri for next Saturday, 24 January.

We will meet at the golf club car park at 10.30 am, returning there at the end of the walk.

We would like to make this a fun event to be enjoyed by all family members. Our aim is for all of us to get to know each other, make friends and get to see the many residential complexes of Costa Esuri, each very different from the other. We will, of course, respect the privacy of all owners and residents on the various complexes.

The walk will last for approximately 4 hours, so we recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes, bringing water and also something to eat. We will make stops along the way for relaxing, playing or listening to music, giving everyone the opportunity to chat and get to know fellow walkers and to enjoy ourselves generally.

All of you who are not yet members of the CERA can join during this event.
For anyone who wishes, there will be tapas (at a special price of 5€ per person) at the Clubhouse at the end of our walk, provided you book for this when registering for the walk.

If you wish to join us, please confirm before midnight on Thursday, 22 January by any of the following means:

Costa Esuri Residents Association - Home

[email protected]

[email protected]

Hi John,

Will there be a Cerveza tent on each corner??.

Ken.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.