Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Is CE suitable for single woman ?

Is CE suitable for single woman ?

Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:32 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is CE suitable for single woman ?

Hi all

That is basically the question ... How suitable is CE for single woman in her 50s ?
Is it easy to get to know international minded people ? (Dont speak Spanish yet). I know, all will say, you must speak Spanish, well I dont yet, it will come though.
Are the golf courses also golf clubs, eg friendly games, organised competitions, fun days with 19th hole afterwards ?
Please, I just need to know whether I am looking in the right direction to redirect my life. Maybe you remember me from a while ago, and that I do know the area and love it over there. Just not sure if it is suitable for a single person, and that is very important right now.

Thank you very much for the info.
Anne
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:46 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is CE suitable for single woman ?

Originally Posted by Annetje
Hi all

That is basically the question ... How suitable is CE for single woman in her 50s ?
Is it easy to get to know international minded people ? (Dont speak Spanish yet). I know, all will say, you must speak Spanish, well I dont yet, it will come though.
Are the golf courses also golf clubs, eg friendly games, organised competitions, fun days with 19th hole afterwards ?
Please, I just need to know whether I am looking in the right direction to redirect my life. Maybe you remember me from a while ago, and that I do know the area and love it over there. Just not sure if it is suitable for a single person, and that is very important right now.

Anne
Hiya Anne - CE is lovely - we have been a few times on holiday n really like it there - a friend lives there n says it can be quiet during the winter period but when we were there in the summer it was buzzing - we have had the pleasure of meeting some people off CE n they are lovely - but im not sure if they are holiday home owners or they live there - Ayamonte town is only a stones throw away were there are lots of cafes n bar/restaurants there.
Im sure there will be someone along soon who can offer more advice than me
Take care n welcome back xxxxx
Love Sam
Old Nov 15th 2010, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all

Anne
Hi Anne, I have two single female friends who live permanently on CE (both in their 50's) and I met another the other day at a party, so you would not be alone. They both are very happy living here and there are plenty of activities that you can join. One of my friends enjoys walking and has joined 2 local groups where she has made lots of friends. If you play golf my husband runs a friendly rollup twice a week which is open to anyone and there are also Spanish lessons that you can go to where you will also meet quite a few more of us. I don't think being single would make any difference to your life here as we all just muck in together. If you need anymore info or maybe if you come over for a visit let me know via a pm and I will do my best to help you either by email or in person. Regards Bryony
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:04 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Hi all

Anne
I often stay in CE by myself with just my little boy and always feel very comfortable. I don't feel anxious about either about staying in the house by myself or going out and about as a lone woman.

Sharon
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:01 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Hoi Annetje, did you manage to sell your property in France then? If so, congratulations!
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:09 am
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all very much for your info concerning my request.
Very very helpful, and, either just before or after Xmas I am coming over to reassure myself that CE is the place for me.

No Jur, due to circumstances I had to take the house of the market, but if my visit goes well and certain things are sorted out, I hope to put in back for sale, and then for a selling price.Hopefully within 6 months or so.

Thanks all, and maybe see you soon.
Anne
Old Nov 15th 2010, 8:27 am
Jur

Thank you all very much for your info concerning my request.
Very very helpful, and, either just before or after Xmas I am coming over to reassure myself that CE is the place for me.

No Jur, due to circumstances I had to take the house of the market, but if my visit goes well and certain things are sorted out, I hope to put in back for sale, and then for a selling price.Hopefully within 6 months or so.

Thanks all, and maybe see you soon.
Anne
Good luck with your decision. Christmas is pretty boring out here but there are plans to get a bigger Christmasmarket in Ayamonte this year. (Which should be easy, there were 3 stalls last year). We´ve enjoyed the one in Vila Real de St.Antonio very much though.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jur
Good luck with your decision. Christmas is pretty boring out here but there are plans to get a bigger Christmasmarket in Ayamonte this year. (Which should be easy, there were 3 stalls last year). We´ve enjoyed the one in Vila Real de St.Antonio very much though.
Jur is a snow machine in the planning???
Old Nov 15th 2010, 8:24 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by The Pope
Jur is a snow machine in the planning???
In Ayamonte or VRSA ? I´m guessing they will have one in Portugal again, and a place to go iceskating!