Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

CATASTRAL NUMBER

CATASTRAL NUMBER

Old Apr 7th 2009, 9:08 am
Just Joined

rainbows end is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CATASTRAL NUMBER

Hi does anyone know how I can get a catastral reference number. We have a property but have not been able to pay IBI on it yet. When we went to register for IBI at the town hall the person told us that no one in the area was paying and if we registered we would end up paying for everyone else. She said that the land was not separated correctly. She told us if she was us she wouldnt bother. I know that cant be right but what do we do. Our house was built on land that was divided from someone elses garden and shows on plans as two separate plots. We need our catastral number for another matter and just wanted to know is there any other way to obtain it. Many thanks.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CATASTRAL NUMBER

Don't know if this will help but a month or two ago I got a letter from the agencia tributaria telling me that I'll need to give my referencia catastral when I do the renta this year.

The site they give is ovc.catastro.meh.es

then follow

Acceso Libre -
Acceso a datos catastrales no protegidos -
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:27 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Try www.goolzoom.com

You can find the plot on the satellite photos and that will show the catastral number.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Do you mean that you have a referencia catastral but don't know what it is or that you don't have one at all?

In the first instance you will find it with Fred's link but if your property isn't registered with catastro you will need to do so before you can get a number. What do you need it for specifically at this stage?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

If the land wasn't separated property (presumably the house was built without planning permission??) then you may find that you have to pay a fine before all the paperwork can be legalised and your property allocated a catastral number.

The person you spoke to at the office is trying to save you a bit of money.....usually you don't run into any problems with these illegally built properties until you try to sell again and it is at that point that most Spaniards would get the paperwork sorted, but only if they really really have to!!. That's why the girl in the office advised you not to bother, that is how she is used to things being done (I'm not saying it's right though).
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:40 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Take a deep breath and search this website for Chiclana and "electricity meters" or Chiclana "illegal build" or similar - I seem to remember there have been many threads around this problem.

Good luck
Old Apr 7th 2009, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

We too have never paid local rates, even through trying! Had our place for 3 years this December and nobody seems to want to help us pay our debts. On the maps our plot shows as one huge area and not the three plots it was divided into.

Having seen the bit at the top where we may be expected to pay for the other two places as well, I think I will keep a low profile for now! At least until I can speak with the neighbours and see what they have done. They have owned their properties longer than us
Old Apr 7th 2009, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

It is a bit worrying as we have tried to register for IBI and turned away. What happens a few years down the line when we want to sell. Do we then get a mega IBI bill plus all the fines for non payment. You just cant win can you. No one will admit that we tried to pay will they.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:33 pm
Luz
Forum Regular

Luz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud of

You can check if your house is on the official register at this website
http://ovc.catastro.minhac.es/
Click on to Cartografia y datos catastrales
Put your address in and the number will come up. If it doesn't then your house is not yet registered. If it is a fairly new house (within the last three years) then it could be an administrative reason. If it is older then there could be other reasons.
Hope this helps

Last edited by Luz; Apr 7th 2009 at 8:36 pm. Reason: oldtimers
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:42 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I live in Chiclana;

There are 15,000 properties that are illegal. There are problems in accepting money for IBI if they at some stage want to pull your house down / want to fine you to get money for urbanisations.

The real problem is that the council can not / wil not make a decision on what happens to properties that are not legal.

Davexf
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Tried to see if my property illegal but link in ESPANA unfortutely lessons not progessed far enough
Sorry failing 0n my part still trying which I consider essential, Scary stuff though

Last edited by DENISE WALTERS; Apr 7th 2009 at 11:48 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks to everybody who replied.