Cartero !

Old Jan 14th 2013, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cartero !

well actually post woman ! Once again a parcel was lobed over the courtyard door I heard the bike and looked over the balcony, shouted momentito, she saw me... by time I got down 2 flights of stairs she had lobed it over the 6ft something door. No matter I was on my way nor the fact there is a working bell I tried to tell her not to do that and that the parcels could be fragile, more than a porkpie short of a picnic that one ! She gawped at me and then turned her back, stood there beeping something for long time after I shut the door.

Has anyone reported postmen/woman ? how did you it and did it work ?

Thankfully this one was nonbreakable from Thailand, it managed to get here without damage till her !
Old Jan 14th 2013, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cartero !

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
well actually post woman ! Once again a parcel was lobed over the courtyard door I heard the bike and looked over the balcony, shouted momentito, she saw me... by time I got down 2 flights of stairs she had lobed it over the 6ft something door. No matter I was on my way nor the fact there is a working bell I tried to tell her not to do that and that the parcels could be fragile, more than a porkpie short of a picnic that one ! She gawped at me and then turned her back, stood there beeping something for long time after I shut the door.

Has anyone reported postmen/woman ? how did you it and did it work ?

Thankfully this one was nonbreakable from Thailand, it managed to get here without damage till her !
Why don't you go to 'Correos' & ask for an 'hoja de reclamacion' (complaint form). It might put the wind up them. Even if in the end you don't fill it in, it might make them sit up & take note.
Obviously you don't want to upset all of them as you have to live with them & trust that they won't get their own back somehow.

Twice we've asked for an ' hoja' on separate occasions & it did have the desired effect, even though in the end we didn't fill it in.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 3:54 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

we have absolutely no problem with our "post lady", although we have front door to the street.
She rings the bell if any envelope even looks like it may be too unbendy to go into the box on the wall
she had a package for us, no one in (except the dog) so she left it with the landlord's father - who lives in the next street
she even rings the door bell to tell us if we have left the light on in the porch after the early morning dog walk

she knows alot of what goes on in the village - married to member of the local police
Old Jan 14th 2013, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

My door is on the street , the bell works if they tried it ! I saw her from the balcony and she saw me ! What more does it need to have your mail handed to you if does not fit in box ?????

I will go down tomorrow and ask for the hoja de reclamacion see what happens. Thanks.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 6:58 pm
Banned

notacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of light

A long time ago, on another forum, someone asked how he could become a Spanish postman.

He was told he couldn't as the Correos is hereditary - you could only get in if one of your family was already in.

Does anybody know if this is still true, because it seems to explain quite a lot ?

Old Jan 14th 2013, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

I don't believe it is now, as in the village where I holiday the man who retired from postie thought his daughter would get the job but she did not. The new postie was not related to the previous one.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 11:43 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

back in the 50's & 60's and probably for some time afterwards the UK had a similar system of "family" jobs - especially in the printing/newspaper industry.

remember one of my uncle's mates saying to him it was a shame he had 2 daughters and no son to put into the print.

so it would appear that Spain is slowly getting away from the "closed shop" attitudes, just 50-60 years late.

`
Old Jan 15th 2013, 12:22 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

My door is on the street , the bell works if they tried it ! I saw her from the balcony and she saw me ! What more does it need to have your mail handed to you if does not fit in box ?????

I will go down tomorrow and ask for the hoja de reclamacion see what happens. Thanks.
Next time you visit her to post your mail, throw the letters at her.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 12:28 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Cartero,.....what's one of them ?

None of them around here that I know of,.... just Donkey Express to the nearest Post Office once every couple of weeks or so depending on hay supplies.

No telephone lines either, though there is an electric supply of a sort on occasions when the line is up and working.

Oh the joys of living in the "Real Spain".
Old Jan 15th 2013, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by notacontrathinker
A long time ago, on another forum, someone asked how he could become a Spanish postman.

He was told he couldn't as the Correos is hereditary - you could only get in if one of your family was already in.

Does anybody know if this is still true, because it seems to explain quite a lot ?

They are appointed by the mayor I think, like all funcionarios. What you are referring to is called "enchufismo". Literally, "plugging in" your family and supporters with jobs for life.

It still goes on but to a lesser extent these days as more people are standing up and challenging the corruption.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 8:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
It still goes on but to a lesser extent these days as more people are standing up and challenging the corruption.
Might be to a "lesser extent" but it's still rife, but as you say, people are now starting to complain.

Old Jan 16th 2013, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Back on topic. Proof I am not feeling well. Went to town to look for the doctors and go to post office for the complaints form..... wandered aimlessly had a coffee, never even passed the correos nor the street where I think the doctors is ....bought 2 red picture frames on the way home. Better luck tomorrow ! I hope.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 12:49 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Back on topic. Proof I am not feeling well. Went to town to look for the doctors and go to post office for the complaints form..... wandered aimlessly had a coffee, never even passed the correos nor the street where I think the doctors is ....bought 2 red picture frames on the way home. Better luck tomorrow ! I hope.
I went to the post office this morning, and it had moved! No sign on the door. Wandered out in the street and asked the nearest lady where the post office was now. Well, I chose possibly the only totally deaf Spaniard in La Font D'en Carros. Have you every tried speaking to a deaf Spaniard, even in your best Spanish??
Old Jan 16th 2013, 1:18 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I went to the post office this morning, and it had moved! No sign on the door. Wandered out in the street and asked the nearest lady where the post office was now. Well, I chose possibly the only totally deaf Spaniard in La Font D'en Carros. Have you every tried speaking to a deaf Spaniard, even in your best Spanish??
You have my sympathy Mitz, I know the feeling all to well. Twice a week I walk to a Tai Chis class with a deaf Spanish lady and she says that we do not gabble away because of my lack of understanding whereas every time I open my mouth she does not hear me let alone understand me. Also although she knows that I do not speak Valenciano she rarely speaks Castellano to me.

Rosemary
Old Jan 16th 2013, 1:20 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I keep on doing that sort of thing too, makes me wonder where my brain has disappeared to at times.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.