Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

CarstoSpain.com

CarstoSpain.com

Old Sep 21st 2005, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute
Default CarstoSpain.com

Hi Folks,

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was using the above to take my car back to UK and then back again. What a nightmare!!! Cars to Spains said yup they would get the car back within 10 days and also MOT. 5 weeks later the car is still in the UK..... After threatening them with god knows what, I found out that they are an Agent for Anchor Logistics, who I then spoke to. He told me he hadn't received a penny off them and that Carstospain was an Agent using anyone they could, getting it cheaper than they were getting from the customer. They seemed to be okay as I spoke to the owner, but I would avoid the Carstospain.com especially giving them any money upfront like I did. The crew that run it is a guy called Peter Green, based in Neuvo Andulusia and he also has a guy called Paul Rodin in London. Unless you want to pull your hair out, either use someone else or drive the car back and save yourself the hassle. I wish I had done, because they themselves have no trucks, no insurance etc etc etc and probably the delay is due to them trying to find a cheaper option. Moreso, as Anchor told me they had 3 trucks coming down a week!

They advertise in the English Sur and also I think the European Weekly.. They also say they are in Alicante.....you have been warned.

Last edited by Mercedes; Sep 21st 2005 at 6:49 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CarstoSpain.com

As a follow up I did get my car back, Anchor were very helpful in sorting out the problem although they state that Carstospain.com and Peter Green is not an Agent for him. I would suggest that people go direct to Anchor Logistics as they are the same price and the owner Gary was very helpful in sorting out my problem even though he hasn't received a penny from Peter Green. They are the ones who do have the trucks apparently coming down 3 times a week. They could have left me with a problem but they didn't. Taught me a lesson to check out properly next time.
Old Oct 28th 2005, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Hi Folks,

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was using the above to take my car back to UK and then back again. What a nightmare!!! Cars to Spains said yup they would get the car back within 10 days and also MOT. 5 weeks later the car is still in the UK..... After threatening them with god knows what, I found out that they are an Agent for Anchor Logistics, who I then spoke to. He told me he hadn't received a penny off them and that Carstospain was an Agent using anyone they could, getting it cheaper than they were getting from the customer. They seemed to be okay as I spoke to the owner, but I would avoid the Carstospain.com especially giving them any money upfront like I did. The crew that run it is a guy called Peter Green, based in Neuvo Andulusia and he also has a guy called Paul Rodin in London. Unless you want to pull your hair out, either use someone else or drive the car back and save yourself the hassle. I wish I had done, because they themselves have no trucks, no insurance etc etc etc and probably the delay is due to them trying to find a cheaper option. Moreso, as Anchor told me they had 3 trucks coming down a week!

They advertise in the English Sur and also I think the European Weekly.. They also say they are in Alicante.....you have been warned.

IN RESPONCE TO YOUR POST.

I got this in my mail on the 28th Oct ready to publish in my "Vinalopo News" and asked for Peter Green's comments on this matter Here is his responce in the format that I recieved it...

Sent : 25 October 2005 11:11:34
To : "David Sutton rowe"
Subject : Re: FOA Peter Green

Go to previous message | Go to next message | Delete | Inbox
Dear David

Just wanted to let you know that the company made every effort to placate the client. We offered to hire the client a rent-a-car, at our expense, for the period after the car was running late. Please appreciate we are not an MOT station, but simply offered the client a service in good faith. Unfortunately it took longer than anticipated.
Furthermore, when the clients' car came back to Spain it took the client two weeks to collect the car from our depot.
Every effort was made to please this customer, but you can't please everybody.

Regards
Peter

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Sutton rowe"
To
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 10:06 AM
Subject: FOA Peter Green

Mr Peter Green,

I thought you might like to make a comment to this artical and post a reply, as this concerns your company Cars To Spain.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327249

If you could make a statement before I go to press on Tuesday 24th October I would be happy to put your point across to my readers.

Thank you.

David Sutton-Rowe.
Editor

Last edited by Sue; Oct 31st 2005 at 2:15 pm. Reason: Email addresses removed to protect privacy.
Old Oct 31st 2005, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi David

I rang Peter Green a week before my car was due to leave and I said I needed to get it to the UK to get it MOT for my tax disc, he said it wasn't a problem they could do that and bring it back in 10 days. I made a decision to use them based on that. I flew out the day it was meant to be put on the truck and was back within 10 days. The date was 15 August when I signed the Contract. I rang him before I returned and hired a car for 3 days at my own expense. It was meant to arrive on The wednesday I rang him up and he told me it would be the following week. I said I was flying out again on the Tuesday and he assured it would be there when I got back the following week. I again rang him again from the UK and he said it had it's MOT and would be arriving on time, again I had hired a car at my own expense. Everytime he said the car was going to arrive it didn't. On the day it was finally meant to arrive this was now over 4 weeks, he said it had arrived and then later he said it wouldn't arrive again until the following week. I had already been fined on the late Tax because I couldn't get hold of the MOT certificate. Finally I blew a fuse and told him I would get lawyers involved on both sides on the chanel. I didn't know where the car exactly was and he was vague about where it was exactly. I did a trace on their website and found Paul and rang him on a different number. They then admitted they were an Agent for Anchor Logistics, which Anchor denies.

I rang Gary Gardner from Anchor Logisitics based in Preston, and said it was running into 6 weeks and I would come and collect the car and drive it back. He said that Peter Green wasn't and Agent and they had had several complaints about him. Again I had threatened legal action and he himself got the car MOTed by this time I had a second fine. He told me he couldn't get the car to me until the following week and I said I was away for 2 weeks in the UK but he told me would get the car to me to be picked up in a car park near the Airport for when I arrived back. He sent me my MOT certificate whilst I was in UK so I could get the damn thing legal and he made sure the car was there on the day he stated and I agreed on. According to the guy in the depot it had only been there a couple of days. I don't have a problem with Anchor. I found him helpful and he did deliver what he promised. He told me that Peter owed him alot of money and he hadn't been paid for my car, I sent him certificate of payment and he said since I had paid in good faith that he would not charge me any extra. I paid all my car hire and it was 4 weeks worth in the end, plus 2 fines for Late road taxs. I finally got the car on the 10 October and that was mainly thanks to Gary from Anchor. Had I know it was going to take me over 2 months for my car to be delivered and 4 weeks worth of car hire and that was down to the fact I was in UK and had a car there also, otherwise I would have had weeks of car hire if I was in Spain. I think I would have driven it back it would have been quicker and less expensive in the long run. Maybe I am hard to please that I expect someone to deliver what they promise and don't piss someone around by saying a car will arrive the next week and it doesn't and then the following week and then it doesn't and so on.

People have a choice, they can either use CarstoSpain with Peter and be pissed around like I did or they can take a less expensive route. But at the end of the day, he doesn't have anything himself. I beleive there was a journo from the News of the World who wasn't too happy either, so maybe she might write a story on her experience as well. Have a chat to Gary Gardner at Anchor, Dave and see if they are happy bunnies with Carstospain as well, I'm sure he could tell you a few good stories like he did with me and other unhappy customers of CarstoSpain, or maybe I should just accept crap service....

Originally Posted by countryboy
IN RESPONCE TO YOUR POST.

I got this in my mail on the 28th Oct ready to publish in my "Vinalopo News" and asked for Peter Green's comments on this matter Here is his responce in the format that I recieved it...

Sent : 25 October 2005 11:11:34
To : "David Sutton rowe"
Subject : Re: FOA Peter Green

Go to previous message | Go to next message | Delete | Inbox
Dear David

Just wanted to let you know that the company made every effort to placate the client. We offered to hire the client a rent-a-car, at our expense, for the period after the car was running late. Please appreciate we are not an MOT station, but simply offered the client a service in good faith. Unfortunately it took longer than anticipated.
Furthermore, when the clients' car came back to Spain it took the client two weeks to collect the car from our depot.
Every effort was made to please this customer, but you can't please everybody.

Regards
Peter

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Sutton rowe"
To:
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 10:06 AM
Subject: FOA Peter Green

Mr Peter Green,

I thought you might like to make a comment to this artical and post a reply, as this concerns your company Cars To Spain.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327249

If you could make a statement before I go to press on Tuesday 24th October I would be happy to put your point across to my readers.

Thank you.

David Sutton-Rowe.
Editor

Last edited by Mercedes; Oct 31st 2005 at 1:18 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

nwspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CarstoSpain.com and Peter Greene - BE WARNED !!

BE WARNED ABOUT MR. PETER GREENE and CARSTOSPAIN / MOTOR MANIA

This was my experience with Mr. Peter Greene of Motor Mania / CarstoSpain / A1 Vehicle Transportation.

I contacted them and other vehicle transport companies last July (2005) for a quotation to bring a car from the UK to Spain.

Mr. Greene gave me a very good price and I decided to bring the car to Spain with his company, Motor Mania. He asked for advance payment, as most companies do, so as soon as I got his invoice I sent him a bank transfer for the full amount (1682 Euros) following his instructions.

A couple of days after the transfer was made, Mr. Greene told me he could not do the transport for the agreed sum, and gave me a new, considerably higher fee which was not as attractive. Naturally I was not happy, and Mr. Greene sent me an e-mail saying he would gladly return my money.

As of today, six months later, he has not yet returned ANYTHING to me. He has told me all sorts of lies in the meantime, and kept promising to return my money again and again.

On the 18th of January 2006 he sent me the following e-mail:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Dear Daniel

We acknowledge that you placed an order for us to transport your cars for you.
You paid us and reserved places on our transporter for your cars.
Thereafter you cancelled the transportation but, as stated in our terms and conditions,
we do not offer refunds for cancellations unless another vehicle(s) can be found in replacement to fill the cancelled space, this is because all transportation is organised weeks in advance.

As a gesture we will refund 500 Euros to your account.

Please provide your account details, and a written acceptance from you.

Regards

Peter Greene

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Naturally, I was amazed and furious when I read this and I wrote back to him telling him that I had had enough and I would present charges against him. He quickly replied, a few hours later:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Dear Daniel

I will be paying you back your full sum of money.
I will be part-paying you tomorrow whatever I have available and will pay off your bill over the coming weeks, whenever I have funds available.
I am sorry I cannot pay you in one hit as its January and don't have all of what is owed.
Let's now put this matter to rest.

Regards
Peter

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Of course he did not pay anything the following day, and I am presenting charges against him for swindle.
Gary Gardner of ANCHOR VEHICLE LOGISTICS, which proved to be a totally reliable and serious company when they brought my car to Spain, has written to me telling me they are always getting phone calls from people who have had similar problems with Mr. Greene, who incidentally also owes ANCHOR "quite a sum of money".
Old Jan 24th 2006, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of
Default Re: CarstoSpain.com and Peter Greene - BE WARNED !!

Originally Posted by nwspain
BE WARNED ABOUT MR. PETER GREENE and CARSTOSPAIN / MOTOR MANIA
This stinks to high heaven.
Either Mr Greene is incompetent or it's a scam.
Looking at the web site for this outfit, the London address is shown as 28a Seymour Place W1H 5JW.
A simple look at the Post Office 'Post code finder' says that this is the wrong postcode for that address. Correct one is W1H 2ND. The one given on the web site is UNKNOWN.
What else is incorrect?
Old Jan 24th 2006, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough

Hello all
I have made several enquires about this company and Mr Green himself, and after several requests to him and a poster on this thread have come to a dead end, as no one is prepared to stand up I can not go any further with my investigation into this matter.

I would have liked to expose this sort of person to the public at large but without youor assistance I can do so. So not only have you been ripped off and given the runaround, but others will as well.

I do hope this type of person gets his fingers burnt.

David SR
Old Jan 27th 2006, 9:24 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all
I have made several enquires about this company and Mr Green himself, and after several requests to him and a poster on this thread have come to a dead end, as no one is prepared to stand up I can not go any further with my investigation into this matter.

I would have liked to expose this sort of person to the public at large but without youor assistance I can do so. So not only have you been ripped off and given the runaround, but others will as well.

I do hope this type of person gets his fingers burnt.

David SR
David, if you ever get to speak to Peter Green, ask him if he used to be the managing director of Anchor Euro Transport in Felixstowe :-)
I think you know from other forums that my background is international shipping. Strange that Anchor Logistics and Anchor Euro are such similar names isn't it? :-)
Old Jan 29th 2006, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
David, if you ever get to speak to Peter Green, ask him if he used to be the managing director of Anchor Euro Transport in Felixstowe :-)
I think you know from other forums that my background is international shipping. Strange that Anchor Logistics and Anchor Euro are such similar names isn't it? :-)
Yes Jon,
You do know me other forums and I have been chasing this guy around Since September 2005 and I have now built up quite a folder on his dealings within the Car Transport industry, I cannot say too much at this stage, but he goes back some time.

I really need people who have had dealings with this guy to stand up and be counted, as this guy seems to be getting away with a lot of peoples money and not performing on his promises. He has only answered one of my emails which I posted on here some months ago, and then things went quiet for a while, so I have done some background work and used my contacts both here and in the UK and have, as I said got a folder full of information.

I just hope that one of these days I can use this information for the benefit of one of his clients who wishes to use it.

David SR
Old Jan 29th 2006, 10:04 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Jon,
You do know me other forums and I have been chasing this guy around Since September 2005 and I have now built up quite a folder on his dealings within the Car Transport industry, I cannot say too much at this stage, but he goes back some time.

I really need people who have had dealings with this guy to stand up and be counted, as this guy seems to be getting away with a lot of peoples money and not performing on his promises. He has only answered one of my emails which I posted on here some months ago, and then things went quiet for a while, so I have done some background work and used my contacts both here and in the UK and have, as I said got a folder full of information.

I just hope that one of these days I can use this information for the benefit of one of his clients who wishes to use it.

David SR
Well all I can say David is that I sent you a pm on Expat Focus telling you all about Anchor & him - I used to deal with him as a freight forwarder many years ago. Good luck!
Old Jan 30th 2006, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

I've noticed that Anchor Logistics have broken away from him they are now advertising in the English Sur. I know where Peter Green lives or lived maybe I can get a photo of him and post it on here as a warning. He's married to a Russian woman I believe he met in a night club. He was advertising cars to spain around Neuva Andulusia and Elviria. I know he did damage to a Porsche and it was found he didn't have any insurance. He probably will end up with his just deserts by ripping off one of the many criminals down in Spain and end up with concrete boots or a bullet in his head. His addresses don't exist, they are po boxes or virtual offices. I know where he lives if anyone wants his address, providing he hasn't moved.
Old Feb 1st 2006, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well all I can say David is that I sent you a pm on Expat Focus telling you all about Anchor & him - I used to deal with him as a freight forwarder many years ago. Good luck!
Hi Jon,
I go the PM and was sitting on it for a while until I got my sums right, I shall be digging deeper as this guy semms to rip off loads of people.

Mercedes, If you can PM me with the address I would be thankful, it maybe a PO box but I shall try and get to the bottome of this.

David SR
Old Feb 1st 2006, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

May be worthwhile posting a suitable message on one or two other Southern Spain related Forums such as www.andalucia.com ? Maybe there are others who read that Forum who may have some personal experiences to tell?
Old Feb 1st 2006, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Jon,
I go the PM and was sitting on it for a while until I got my sums right, I shall be digging deeper as this guy semms to rip off loads of people.

Mercedes, If you can PM me with the address I would be thankful, it maybe a PO box but I shall try and get to the bottome of this.

David SR
Hi David, its not his post box it is his appartment, I went into it.....unless of course he has moved. I'm not in Spain at the mo, but as soon as I am will get it for you,
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Alter is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear David

Please get in touch with me, Gary at Anchor Vehicle Logistics I will give you all the info you require. Tel +44(0) 1772 886677 www.anchorvehiclelogistics.com

We transport over one hundred cars a week on our own transporters to and from all areas in Spain and Portugal. We have hundreds of repeat clients, who I am sure will be glad to give references.

Peter Green (Cars to Spain, Motormania) uses any company that he can to transport his clients cars to and from Spain. My company Anchor Vehicle Logistics was one of a few companys that carried out such movements. It became quite clear, after speaking to many of his unhappy customers, that Peter Green was promising a service to his clients that was impossible to carry out. He tells clients anything they wish to hear and promises the earth to get them to part with their money. As a result of this we suspended all dealings with Peter Green as we didn't want our good reputation tarnished. We are a professional business. We have our own transporters and hold our own insurance through Royal Sun Alliance. Peter Green does not have any of these. Peter Green is a resident in Spain with an accomplice in England trying to make money on the backs of professional companies like ourselves.
Peter Green is also a very big problem to me, as I find that when quoting prices to clients and informing them of realistic delivery dates they are also getting quotes from Peter Green and he is promising them everything they wish to hear and inevitably the clients are then his. Peter Green is extremely good at talking the talk. Clients seem to have nightmare dealings with Peter Green, then come to us next time they need their car transported.
I thought that by starving Peter Green of our services he would fall by the wayside, this has obviously not happened another company must have fallen into the trap.
Regarding the News of the World editor I have her name and telephone no. if anybody wishes to speak to her.
I would also like to add that I feel it very unfair that nobody apart from Mercedes and Daniel has contacted me to find out the truth, others seem to be making their own assumptions about my company.
Thank you for reading this. I hope it has put a different perspective on this matter. Anybody please feel free to telephone or email me, details at the top.

P.S We are all victims of Peter Green.

Kind regards
Gary Gardner
David SR[/QUOTE]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.